Student walkouts

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I had no idea you were this ignorant. It's required by the Constitution.

The Constitution only excludes Injuns and counts slaves as 3/5. All free persons are counted.
I realized that the census included all people.
However, I am not sure the redistribution of taxes is based on all peoples included in the census or a subset.
Still not sure.

If your assertion is true then why are all the states and wackos so concerned?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The point of adding the question is to undercount non-citizens. Legal residents will also be undercounted. Legal residents aren't cheating. We should just ask Facebook how many people live where and save ourselves the trouble of this archaic data gathering.
I believe you are confused as to the purpose of the Census.

The Census determines the population of constituents (being a voting member of a community or organization and having the power to appoint or elect) in each state in order to apportion representation in the House of Representatives. That number is fluid, and is based on each states' percentage of the population as a whole. That percentage determines how many of the 435 Representatives each state has.

Natural and naturalized citizens are the constituents of our representatives in Congress. Non-citizens have no voting rights, and by default, no right to said representation.

This threatens the very core and foundation of the Liberal Movement. THAT is why the wailing and gnashing of their teeth is deafening.

BrownArmy

I believe you are confused as to the purpose of the Census.

The Census determines the population of constituents (being a voting member of a community or organization and having the power to appoint or elect) in each state in order to apportion representation in the House of Representatives. That number is fluid, and is based on each states' percentage of the population as a whole. That percentage determines how many of the 435 Representatives each state has.

Natural and naturalized citizens are the constituents of our representatives in Congress. Non-citizens have no voting rights, and by default, no right to said representation.

This threatens the very core and foundation of the Liberal Movement. THAT is why the wailing and gnashing of their teeth is deafening.

So why does the census count children?

They can’t vote...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Your jokes have fallen flat for several years.
Depends on one's viewpoint.
giphy.gif

It will be fine

That sounds right but if that is so, why are the left-wing wackos going berserk?
Because they rightly believe asking the question will scare immigrants, legal or otherwise, away from returning the census form. States with high immigrant populations will lose money and representation.