The new plan,pt do p1

fatboy33

The company hates flying P2. They hate mixing ANY P2 with P1 honestly. They don’t want it on the same plane, and they definitely don’t want it on the same courier truck. I asked my senior during our SFA meeting, if they’re gonna truck our P2 from Indy, is our Memphis plane gonna show up half empty? How is that any more cost effective than putting P2 on it? He just stared at me lol. Nobody knows anything. This is the worst I’ve seen the company operate.
Maybe the company is one the verge of eliminating commitment times and only promising on the day service........Amazon?

zeev

Where’s your freight one weekend we took two 53’ trailers to a ground hub about an hour away the trailers were unloaded than Ground changed their mind and said come back and get your freight they than loaded the two trailers Express brought them back and loaded them on the plane.

btrlov

They'll keep it. Seems, every new move is another step close towards the UPS system. It's here to stay and if it doesn't work, no one in upper will admit to it.
UPS is much more efficient and UPS underhires(except peak). UPS has no issue and letting go all its peak hires and will do so. Fedex overhires almost blindly. UPS doesnt hire 1 driver to take away hours from another driver. In UPS ,Inside employees eat hr losses the most and general losses because drivers vote more and therefore sacrifice its handlers more at contract time. UPS driver turnover is far less, handlers turn over more but they cost less to hire(1 year to benefits). UPS operation is concentrated in HUBs and ramps... Not hubs, stations, ramps model like fedex,, with hubs being contracted out. Last but not least, UPS has more volume

Fergus Mahoney

Absolutely agree! That employee probably thinks he is stickin to the man by not doing their work when in reality they are stickin it to their co-workers. Many managers dont seem to really care. They are not the ones that have to get that pickup or do those Monday stops. And because they let this kind of stuff happen it just demonstrates how little regard they have for the customers or those of us who really carry the weight. Its really pathe

Absolutely agree! That employee probably thinks he is stickin to the man by not doing their work when in reality they are stickin it to their co-workers. Many managers dont seem to really care. They are not the ones that have to get that pickup or do those Monday stops. And because they let this kind of stuff happen it just demonstrates how little regard they have for the customers or those of us who really carry the weight. Its really pathetic.
Surprisingly it doesn't fall on co workers. Pups are not picked up and deliveries are just brought back. I hear managers bitching in the morning as I do raods but nothing is done. They are just happy we show up to work at this point. After that we make are own rules.

fatboy33

Oh look here you got 4 hired... we need 20 and none of them are cleared to work yet.. and 4 people just quit because they were told their new routes would be mid-day noon-8pm p2/pup routes. Manager said we're going forward with double launch next week, when asked who is driving during the 2nd launch, they shrug and say their not hired yet... Love a well executed plan.
That's a problem they aren't considering. We have female couriers and having to stay out late delivering in the dark, is trouble waiting to happen. One sexual assault will be too many. We have a few "girly" drivers and I've heard stories where a guy would always come to the door inappropriately so that stop, at the time was always giving to a male driver. Men driving next to their trucks" doing things".....I know they've hired a cute petite who wants a route. won't take long before someone is in their car circling the block on her once sun sets or worse.

newgirl

I think our Sr. is just going to see how it goes. Our station has hired and upgraded people to full time so no one has lost their shift yet. I don't see how this works logistics-wise, but no ones asking me lol. The Commercial Appeal ran an article about it so it might be a warning flag. This paragraph kind of made me go hmm,

"FedEx Express is seeing most of its U.S. volume growth coming from deferred volume, or two- and three-day shipments, rather than overnight volume. Deferred package volume grew 28% in FedEx’s previous three quarters versus the year before, compared to 15% for overnight boxes and minus-9% for overnight envelopes."

throwaway10

I think our Sr. is just going to see how it goes. Our station has hired and upgraded people to full time so no one has lost their shift yet. I don't see how this works logistics-wise, but no ones asking me lol. The Commercial Appeal ran an article about it so it might be a warning flag. This paragraph kind of made me go hmm,

"FedEx Express is seeing most of its U.S. volume growth coming from deferred volume, or two- and three-day shipments, rather than overnight volume. Deferred package volume grew 28% in FedEx’s previous three quarters versus the year before, compared to 15% for overnight boxes and minus-9% for overnight envelopes."
The Growth is because for the past 12 months they haven't been delivering premium product on time.. customers aren't dumb they just picked the cheaper option since they were already getting the worst service. Why pay extra if you aren't gonna get what you pay for.

cosis

The Growth is because for the past 12 months they haven't been delivering premium product on time.. customers aren't dumb they just picked the cheaper option since they were already getting the worst service. Why pay extra if you aren't gonna get what you pay for.
one year later and the businesses on my route still pay for p1 and I continue to deliver them late everyday

DeliveryException

I thought the whole point was to have less flights.

My route was about the same as it always is, not sure what the second sort of getting but it's not many of my stops.

FedUpRTD

It wasn't pretty in our market on the first day of the "plan". Both of our P2 flights were late and we didn't get the freight to stations until close to 1300 (it is supposed to be there at 1100). Under the old "plan", we would have had all of the freight at the stations by 0700-0730. It might be just me, but I'm not seeing the benefit here.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It wasn't pretty in our market on the first day of the "plan". Both of our P2 flights were late and we didn't get the freight to stations until close to 1300 (it is supposed to be there at 1100). Under the old "plan", we would have had all of the freight at the stations by 0700-0730. It might be just me, but I'm not seeing the benefit here.
So were there less flights today?

Godzilla55

055842FB-9FD7-4293-A330-F871139E2517.jpeg