They're learning...

Est.1998

What is it with these Asian beauty stores in the hood?.....and COD's? We have a couple of routes like these in my center.
There's a huge difference between the Asian beauty stores, Arab beauty stores, and African beauty stores.
All of them get CODS, and you have to wait for them to fill out checks or, you can come back later to pick the check up. I hate coming back later, and they still haven't filled out the checks.
The Asian and African places I deliver to never have any space for the delivery they're receiving.
The Arabian places have a dock or separate space designated for the bulk (how it should be).
These places take up a lot of room on a p1000 and a lot of time delivering.
I don't know how the higher ups think putting a pallet worth of heavy product on a package car is a good idea.
Big brown or UPS Freight should be handling this type of work.

Last edited:

Est.1998

Peak season is worse.
What doesn't fit, they have an air driver shuttle it to you.

Attachments

• 4F28769D-6906-4F99-9DF6-C846D9488A98.jpeg
    4F28769D-6906-4F99-9DF6-C846D9488A98.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 122

pierregarcon

There's a huge difference between the Asian beauty stores, Arab beauty stores, and African beauty stores.

Delivered to an Asian one quite a bit. Can't speak for the other two. Two things. One, they would always chop the COD full amount across several checks. But all the checks would have the same routing number so it was all coming from the same account. Wasn't 10k or above so they had the right to do it. Just always wondered why? Two, they always have the mini fridge at the front of the store stocked with soda and water and would tell me to take all I wanted. Nice.

churn n’ burn

Amazon cars popping up like crazy where I'm at. Multiple parking lots filled with vans and a few trucks hiding in the shadows but haven't seen them on the road yet.

RTCD

Delivered to an Asian one quite a bit. Can't speak for the other two. Two things. One, they would always chop the COD full amount across several checks. But all the checks would have the same routing number so it was all coming from the same account. Wasn't 10k or above so they had the right to do it. Just always wondered why? Two, they always have the mini fridge at the front of the store stocked with soda and water and would tell me to take all I wanted. Nice.
I always assumed it was in case one check bounced the rest would clear. It does seem strange to get a bunch of checks for one COD but it happens all the time. I would really like to know why the store owners do this too.

Est.1998

All three do the separate check thing.
I don't know why, just like i don't know why COD is still a thing in 2020.
But, all three are friendly and do at times offer refreshments.
Last peak season, one of my Asian stores tipped me $20.

Hot Carl

Maybe they'll finally learn how to park on the right side of the road, wear their seatbelts, not deliver while idling, not drive with the doors open, not park nose-first in parking spots, and not make u-turns on red lights in the left-turn lane like I normally see them do.