KING Of GIFS
Who would name a car a "Speedtail"? Dumb
8D2010B3-D684-4566-B567-8FA524CA0AED.jpeg

Looks fast

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What is that thing on the front wheel?

Mechanically not helping.
Looks like the things they put on tractor trailer wheels for aerodynamics/fuel savings. Why they would only have it on the front and only covering the wheel partially though is beyond me.

trickpony1

Looks like the things they put on tractor trailer wheels for aerodynamics/fuel savings. Why they would only have it on the front and only covering the wheel partially though is beyond me.
That's what I thought it might be.
Just a wild guess but maybe wind tunnel tests show this design to be effective?

The rear portion of the vehicle may be in the "wake" or "draft" from the front hence no aerodynamic hub caps?
Just a guess......

Guessing helping.

rod

Retired 23 years
1660577883768.png

If those are Harbor Freight tires they will pop under a small load. I bought a yard cart from them about 5 years ago. I have since replace all 4 tires --the first ones had tubes in them that basically rotted after 4 years. Crappy Chinese tubber.

sailfish

Anyone keep a multi-tool on them? And I mean actually keep one on them, not simply own one. I got a few I tend to rotate through depending how I'm feeling. At work I have actual dedicated tools obviously but an MT still comes in handy quite often. Even in my off-time I keep one on me everywhere. A good, small leather belt pouch keeps it in tight to my back where it virtually disappears until needed.

20220602_082958.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Anyone keep a multi-tool on them? And I mean actually keep one on them, not simply own one. I got a few I tend to rotate through depending how I'm feeling. At work I have actual dedicated tools obviously but an MT still comes in handy quite often. Even in my off-time I keep one on me everywhere. A good, small leather belt pouch keeps it in tight to my back where it virtually disappears until needed.

View attachment 397756
Don’t try and take it on an airplane

rod

Retired 23 years
I've never owned a multi-tool. I ended up with so many tools I literally have a set of tools almost every place I am. I have tool boxes in the garage, workshop, basement, car, truck, laundry room ---you name it.

sailfish

Decided to commission this unique combination of options. Estimated wait time: 9 to 12 months...
Will be well worth the wait though. I'll be looking forward to going ham with it at work and seeing what masterpieces of construction it will help build and light up. That damascus steel will patina real nice.

View attachment 311148
Original estimate was 9 to 12 months but after 23 months of anticipation, I've finally received notification that my custom order is ready to enter production. I guess orders have been off the hook and lead times are currently 4 years for this model and up to 6.5 years for certain others. The damascus option has even been suspended in the meantime so I'm glad I ordered when I did. Gonna be pretty sick.