Two sorts?

AB831

Additional flights causing unexpected increase in cost is their way of negatively complaining. That’s FedEx code for we can’t afford our business model. And additional flights.... is additional volume. Learn how to understand what you read.
He can understand it. He simply refuses to accept reality.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Additional flights causing unexpected increase in cost is their way of negatively complaining. That’s FedEx code for we can’t afford our business model. And additional flights.... is additional volume. Learn how to understand what you read.
Dano has Memphis blinders on. Fat chance he’ll understand.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The people who make your salary possible are the ones you denigrate and presume to have some greater worth than on this site and all the other grunts that move the packages not participating here, pilots included.

Explain it to them.

Without them there are no customers to pay our rates, you seem to have a problem with the way things are ordered.

At first I thought you only had stupid questions. Now I see that you have stupid answers, too.

59 Dano

If that is the extent of their response, Fedex is truly run by idiots.

The brand would be destroyed in one night, and they don't like it........priceless.

Just like when the UPS brand was destroyed by a 2 week strike?

Exactly what do you think they would do to get the asses out of their car seats, out of the parking lot and on with the business of "The World on Time." and "Absolutely, Positively Overnight."

Just another stupid question.

Hey, you're catching on!!!

59 Dano

Additional flights causing additional flight expense is what happened. Stating what happened is not complaining or offering a compliment. For crying out loud, they're talking about how they beat expectations and you think they're complaining. My goodness.

Aquaman

Additional flights causing additional flight expense is what happened. Stating what happened is not complaining or offering a compliment. For crying out loud, they're talking about how they beat expectations and you think they're complaining. My goodness.
Jesus help me. What causes additional flights? Volume... Don’t tell me about how much extra cost you have trying to move extra volume. Tell me about how much more money you’re making from all the additional volume. They touched on beating expectations, and then went straight into all the excuses for why they’re struggling. Extra flights being one of the excuses lol. If an extra aircraft full of FedEx express packages is a financial burden, well... That’s pretty embarrassing.🤷🏼‍♂️

floridays

Just like when the UPS brand was destroyed by a 2 week strike?
No, Ups had no time definite delivery guarantee, they simply delivered packages.

Federal Express was branded as a premium time definite, "The World on Time," "When it Absolutely Positively has to be there overnight" express delivery company. When developing a brand for your business, any marketing professional will tell you to steer clear from claims about how long you’ve been in the industry or the “quality” of your products or services. With a selling point like that, you are no different from any of your competition. Prospective clients will hear “blah, blah, blah” as you try to pitch your business. It is important that a unique selling point has emotional power and defines your differences. A great example of this is FedEx’s old unique selling point, “when it absolutely, positively needs to be there overnight”. And there is certainly something to appreciate about a 100% guarantee within a short tagline…

Full article from December 30 2011
Flashback Friday: "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" - Baer Performance Marketing

Customers will tolerate acts of God, but when employees of a company of such claims, "The World on Time," and "When it Absolutely Positively has to be there overnight" cause their shipments not to be delivered, on time, overnight the guarantee and brand has been broken.
No longer can Fedex Express make such claim or make guarantee the service to the customers certainty.

When employees don't deliver, purposely the brand has been broken. If a work stoppage is the cause a current or future customer can never be satisfied this will never happen again. The trust and the Express brand has been broken forever if the cause is an employee work stoppage.
Even late delivers because of "Acts Of God" don't have this power.

By the way, can you tell me exactly how UPS was branded before their strike?

Anyone can tell me the Express brand, it was proclaimed loudly

floridays

At first I thought you only had stupid questions. Now I see that you have stupid answers, too.
If none of your type, all frontline management included, called out sick tomorrow and the next day, would FedEx still be paid for the packages that were picked up and delivered?

If everyone that handles a package that is picked up today calls out sick tomorrow, would FedEx be paid for the non moving, non- delivered packages, due on the day all (hand/package) employees called out sick?

From the revenue standpoint, a hand that touches a package, not the hand that sends and replies to emails, the mouth that brags on their worth, the mind that tries to invent more efficient delivery schemes or whatever else you may do, brings in the cash that pays your salary. If the hand that touches the packages doesn't touch the packages, you don't have your "customers" to complete any transaction.

You should be more thankful, treat with more respect and not denigrate the ones that make it possible for you to eat and live under a roof. If the company loses your type it might reflect lower margins..... maybe. If the company loses the hands that actually touch boxes the revenue is gone for your type along with the ones that actually bring it in.

If that happens Fedex can actually become an airline, unfortunately there would not be enough assets left to remain an "airline."

Last edited:

AB831

If none of your type, all frontline management included, called out sick tomorrow and the next day, would FedEx still be paid for the packages that were picked up and delivered?

If everyone that handles a package that is picked up today calls out sick tomorrow, would FedEx be paid for the non moving, non- delivered packages, due on the day all (hand/package) employees called out sick?

From the revenue standpoint, a hand that touches a package, not the hand that sends and replies to emails, the mouth that brags on their worth, the mind that tries to invent more efficient delivery schemes or whatever else you may do, brings in the cash that pays your salary. If the hand that touches the packages doesn't touch the packages, you don't have your "customers" to complete any transaction.

You should be more thankful, treat with more respect and not denigrate the ones that make it possible for you to eat and live under a roof. If the company loses your type it might reflect lower margins..... maybe. If the company loses the hands that actually touch boxes the revenue is gone for your type along with the ones that actually bring it in.

If that happens Fedex can actually become an airline, unfortunately there would not be enough assets left to remain an "airline."
I'm amazed at the amount of effort you put into engaging that pompous clown.

59 Dano

Jesus help me. What causes additional flights? Volume... Don’t tell me about how much extra cost you have trying to move extra volume. Tell me about how much more money you’re making from all the additional volume. They touched on beating expectations, and then went straight into all the excuses for why they’re struggling. Extra flights being one of the excuses lol. If an extra aircraft full of FedEx express packages is a financial burden, well... That’s pretty embarrassing.🤷🏼‍♂️

LOL, you don't get it. You. Don't. Get. It.

59 Dano

No, Ups had no time definite delivery guarantee, they simply delivered packages.

Federal Express was branded as a premium time definite, "The World on Time," "When it Absolutely Positively has to be there overnight" express delivery company. When developing a brand for your business, any marketing professional will tell you to steer clear from claims about how long you’ve been in the industry or the “quality” of your products or services. With a selling point like that, you are no different from any of your competition. Prospective clients will hear “blah, blah, blah” as you try to pitch your business. It is important that a unique selling point has emotional power and defines your differences. A great example of this is FedEx’s old unique selling point, “when it absolutely, positively needs to be there overnight”. And there is certainly something to appreciate about a 100% guarantee within a short tagline…

Full article from December 30 2011
Flashback Friday: "When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" - Baer Performance Marketing

Customers will tolerate acts of God, but when employees of a company of such claims, "The World on Time," and "When it Absolutely Positively has to be there overnight" cause their shipments not to be delivered, on time, overnight the guarantee and brand has been broken.
No longer can Fedex Express make such claim or make guarantee the service to the customers certainty.

When employees don't deliver, purposely the brand has been broken. If a work stoppage is the cause a current or future customer can never be satisfied this will never happen again. The trust and the Express brand has been broken forever if the cause is an employee work stoppage.
Even late delivers because of "Acts Of God" don't have this power.

By the way, can you tell me exactly how UPS was branded before their strike?

Anyone can tell me the Express brand, it was proclaimed loudly

OK.

59 Dano

That's a fascinating way to look at business. I wonder why people who are successful at business don't look at it that way.

Looks like someone let his "Heroes work here" pin go to his head.