Two sorts?

Aquaman

Let's see, CDO was going to wreak havoc with employee hours. ROADS was going to eliminate handlers. ROADS was going to put a major dent in the number of FT couriers. The suspension of the 401k match was going to be permanent. Express was going to move to an all PT workforce three or four times. Aaaaand I've lost count of how many times Amazon was on the brink of putting Express out of business. There's no telling how many other ones I'm forgetting.
Yes and like I said all that panic you’re referring to is a result of literally NEVER having good news for the workforce. I read the earnings report for last quarter and they seriously sited additional flights for increase in cost. An increase in volume... being stated as a NEGATIVE. They’re a shipping company. Additional flights are full of packages shipped by customers using their service. If they can’t financially profit from additional business, maybe this company needs to go. Because it seems pretty clear that the #1 problem is this company costs too much to run. They can’t manage cost and still run a company with good pay & benefits. They invest in everything but the employees. And it’s become pretty clear that Ground is the wife now and Express is that expensive high maintenance side chick you can’t seem to dump.

AB831

Yes and like I said all that panic you’re referring to is a result of literally NEVER having good news for the workforce. I read the earnings report for last quarter and they seriously sited additional flights for increase in cost. An increase in volume... being stated as a NEGATIVE. They’re a shipping company. Additional flights are full of packages shipped by customers using their service. If they can’t financially profit from additional business, maybe this company needs to go. Because it seems pretty clear that the #1 problem is this company costs too much to run. They can’t manage cost and still run a company with good pay & benefits. They invest in everything but the employees. And it’s become pretty clear that Ground is the wife now and Express is that expensive high maintenance side chick you can’t seem to dump.
All their problems will be solved for them when the ship sinks.

AB831

I have to disagree.
They do invest in certain classes and craft of employee, your class and craft just ain't one of them.

Beyond that, what you said was spot on in my opinion.
The high and mighty managers are going to have to start running routes soon if the turnover gets much higher at my station. They keep posting full time routes, and no one is bidding on them. Why don’t people want to come work for the greatest company in the world?

falcon back

So we were told that Express is moving to a new operations model soon. The part time pickup drivers will be our new p1 drivers 😂 and will run the early a.m. sort.
The full time drivers will supposedly come in around 10 a.m. and do p2s then pickups.
Why is it EVERY TIME they change something it’s always for the worse?
My station has about 10 PM part time and 10 AM part time routes, yet there are about 60 full time am routes. How are 20 people gonna run 60 rts? Might work at some stations, but not at others.

AB831

My station has about 10 PM part time and 10 AM part time routes, yet there are about 60 full time am routes. How are 20 people gonna run 60 rts? Might work at some stations, but not at others.
They’ll probably do away with minimums, so you can be even more at the mercy of the company’s whims. You get 25 hours one week, it is what it is. You get 60, it is what it is. That’s management’s favorite line to justify their inertia/stupidity.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I sure hope it’s better than DRA. I won’t even ask if there was any input from frontline operations people because I already know the answer to that.

It's being tested now and has increased efficiency far beyond anything ROADS ever could have done. No surprise there, as ROADS and the technology behind it is a decade or so old. The couriers involved in the testing don't like it.

59 Dano

Exactly what would Fred's and the Boards response be if nightside at Memphis, Anchorage, Oakland, Indy, showed up for work but refused to get out of their vehicles?

You're the smart guy, how would they respond?

You ask a lot of stupid questions. Are you a stupid person?

"Exactly what would [their] response be...?" I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that they would say they don't like it.

59 Dano

@59 Dano, exactly explain your worth to the people that make your salary possible... you're the smart guy, you've told them so many times.

The people who make my salary possible are the customers who pay our rates. I don't have to explain anything to them and they don't care anyway.

Another question for you @59 Dano, if 450,000 Fedex employees did exactly what you do, what would the total receipts or revenue be?

If we had 450,000 employees doing exactly what I do, it would be because our volume was about a zillion times what it is now, so our revenue would be about a zillion times what it is now.

Tell me where I am wrong @59 Dano.

I'm trying to figure out where you're right.

59 Dano

Yes and like I said all that panic you’re referring to is a result of literally NEVER having good news for the workforce. I read the earnings report for last quarter and they seriously sited additional flights for increase in cost. An increase in volume... being stated as a NEGATIVE.

Increased volume was not stated as a negative. Learn how to read that stuff.

floridays

The people who make my salary possible are the customers who pay our rates. I don't have to explain anything to them and they don't care anyway.
The people who make your salary possible are the ones you denigrate and presume to have some greater worth than on this site and all the other grunts that move the packages not participating here, pilots included.

Explain it to them.

Without them there are no customers to pay our rates, you seem to have a problem with the way things are ordered.

floridays

"Exactly what would [their] response be...?" I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that they would say they don't like it.
If that is the extent of their response, Fedex is truly run by idiots.

The brand would be destroyed in one night, and they don't like it........priceless.

Try again.

Exactly what do you think they would do to get the asses out of their car seats, out of the parking lot and on with the business of "The World on Time." and "Absolutely, Positively Overnight."

Just another stupid question.

Star B

White Lightening
The high and mighty managers are going to have to start running routes soon if the turnover gets much higher at my station.
Our mgrs are already running routes on a daily basis.

It's being tested now and has increased efficiency far beyond anything ROADS ever could have done. No surprise there, as ROADS and the technology behind it is a decade or so old. The couriers involved in the testing don't like it.
ROADS or E-star?

floridays

The couriers involved in the testing don't like it.
By your measure that in itself makes it laudable.

You clowns are like Dr. Anthony Fauci, you've been wrong on everything.
I guess if you get something right you go the way of the blacksmith.

Aquaman

Increased volume was not stated as a negative. Learn how to read that stuff.
Additional flights causing unexpected increase in cost is their way of negatively complaining. That’s FedEx code for we can’t afford our business model. And additional flights.... is additional volume. Learn how to understand what you read.