Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

5habits100

Actually it was 2 TDU things.
It was purely a business opportunity.
In the end, these conventions were well done and I never met the Boogie Man that is advertised to lurk these events.

Last fall I went to a Russian wedding at a Jewish synagogue.
It was a lovely ceremony and I enjoyed sampling both cultures, but when I left, it didn't make me Russian or Jewish.

As far as the insurance goes, I'm not permitted to discuss the intricacies of it on this site.
Sorry
What did you sample

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Explain "pension reform" and how GP can get that done.
That will tough row to hoe now that UPS has been let out of Central States by Hoffa and Hall.

You (and others) keep harping on that.

The company paid the withdraw liability, which any company is entitled to do.

Conversely, the pension wasn't eliminated.... and the contribution rate was improved.

So, how is that a concession ?

For how many years....

Did we listen to UPS members complain, about being in a multi-employer fund ?

They got what they wanted.

Fred Z would push his mother in front of a bus if it would further his political career.

And there seems to be some dissension, amongst their "slate".

Time will tell.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did you know with the most notorious heroin dealer in the 20th century had his sentenced reduced from 70 years to five served? He, like Carey, rolled over on people to save his own behind.

Irishman Collins

Actually it was 2 TDU things.
It was purely a business opportunity.
In the end, these conventions were well done and I never met the Boogie Man that is advertised to lurk these events.

Last fall I went to a Russian wedding at a Jewish synagogue.
It was a lovely ceremony and I enjoyed sampling both cultures, but when I left, it didn't make me Russian or Jewish.

As far as the insurance goes, I'm not permitted to discuss the intricacies of it on this site.
Sorry
Wouldn't a better analogy be? I went to a skin head rally and that doesn't make me a skin head. I think a wedding is a much different situation than going to a radical groups convention. Don't get me wrong I am not a TDU hater but in my opinion over the years they haven't provided much change to the IBT. I want a rank and file member who has had enough to be my president. I really am going to have a tough time voting for any TDU member

5habits100

Wouldn't a better analogy be? I went to a skin head rally and that doesn't make me a skin head. I think a wedding is a much different situation than going to a radical groups convention. Don't get me wrong I am not a TDU hater but in my opinion over the years they haven't provided much change to the IBT. I want a rank and file member who has had enough to be my president. I really am going to have a tough time voting for any TDU member
For what reason would you bring up a skin head rally? And for that matter why else would you go to a skin head rally? Apple pie

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

What a ridiculous statement, Irishman Collins.

I went hesitantly to the first convention with an inkling of what TDU was, as well as how it was portrayed by some.
I went to the second knowing exactly what it was, with no apprehension.
Both times were for business.
Both times, what I found was several hundred Teamsters, committed to educating themselves and other members.
They were like large scale stewards seminars, for the most part.
To equate these conventions with a hate group, skin head rally is ludicrous and insulting.

This reminds me of a previous thread, where in the matter of a few days, within the very same thread, you claimed your local was pro-Hoffa and anti-Hoffa.
It would seem you are the kind of person who will post anything to further what ever ill conceived notion you have recently championed.
It's tough knowing that we can only believe half of what you say, about half the time you say it.
Doesn't leave much room for credibility.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

5habits100

What a ridiculous statement, Irishman Collins.

I went hesitantly to the first convention with an inkling of what TDU was, as well as how it was portrayed by some.
I went to the second knowing exactly what it was, with no apprehension.
Both times were for business.
Both times, what I found was several hundred Teamsters, committed to educating themselves and other members.
They were like large scale stewards seminars, for the most part.
To equate these conventions with a hate group, skin head rally is ludicrous and insulting.

This reminds me of a previous thread, where in the matter of a few days, within the very same thread, you claimed your local was pro-Hoffa and anti-Hoffa.
It would seem you are the kind of person who will post anything to further what ever ill conceived notion you have recently championed.
It's tough knowing that we can only believe half of what you say, about half the time you say it.
Doesn't leave much room for credibility.
Personally I like to bust your chops over the whole TDU thing. I don't care where you went, when you went who you went with, slept with or why you went. I do not like the way they try to destroy the union. The only time they've ever had anything good to say was when Carey was in. Why? Thats who they supported. They are on the Sylvester band wagon because its Hoffa and no matter what they are anti Hoffa.

So you go back to the convention little buckaroo and educate yourself. :pet:

Ron Carey lives on

Central states in complete disarray, 4 years to top out new hire drivers, teamcare, forcing supplements through, what else is there to say, he needs to go back to being a corporate lawyer for Kroger against employees. Thats what hes good at weakening employees rights

Sent using BrownCafe App

5habits100

Central states in complete disarray, 4 years to top out new hire drivers, teamcare, forcing supplements through, what else is there to say, he needs to go back to being a corporate lawyer for Kroger against employees. Thats what hes good at weakening employees rights

Sent using BrownCafe App
All that stuff you say and yet he didn't get taken out.

But your boy Carey did.

member6045

Sent using BrownCafe App[/QUOTE

What is local 804 pension fund looking like with that increase?? What's the funding level!! How about all that money in the H&W while members are being sent to collections for non payment bye union!!