Union Politics - Tim S for General President 2016

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Carey was more than your "Joe Union" description.
Give it a rest.

You can't say everything Hoffa/Hall did was bad but in the same thought pattern blanketly condemn Carey either. I'll take the combination theory but if the part-time employees would stand up for themselves (across the country) and vote on their issues it would help their futures. A lot.
I don't think NY was condemning Carey at all. Why do you guys jump to that every time? It's always Hoffa vs Carey. Carey only did a 6 year stint in office. It didn't go his way. I don't think he would fair well today but that's only my opinion.

10 point

I don't think NY was condemning Carey at all. Why do you guys jump to that every time? It's always Hoffa vs Carey. Carey only did a 6 year stint in office. It didn't go his way. I don't think he would fair well today but that's only my opinion.
Maybe reread his post and you'll understand what I responded to.
Times have changed and RC would not have possessed the skill set to both represent the members and deal with the company in an effective manner.

We don't need a rah-rah Joe Union guy who is going to try to get in the company's face.

I didn't add anything to what he said.
But it's par.

The last two GPs were Carey and Hoffa. That's all I have to compare.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How about losing a few hundred full time jobs that we can count. The part timers are unknown because those can't be counted , numbers are blistering. A supplemental that allows part timers on the truck as helpers? Fresh legs on the package car instead of full timers that lost the ability to drive or inside full timers that wanted to get out of the building for a few hours. The vacation cover drivers are coming at the end of the month! Let's see how well our pension fund holds up from June to December with non participating employees to the pension fund works out for us! But we have summer vacations. The feeder dept is getting there legs taken out from them as we speak. The majority of feeder drivers lost a large portion of overtime since 2014. Vacation cover drivers will do exactly same thing to package in 804. Great job Tim on screwing full timers but you helped pat timers. This isn't fedex man. People want real full time jobs.
That sounds like my local too.

What's the major beef here?

We have cover drivers. We have helpers earlier and later than just Christmas now. And our feeders are losing ground to more and more independent drivers.

And a lot of our new full time jobs are cover drivers or combo jobs.

What is Tim doing that other locals aren't?

You sound like a Hoffa boy sent here to throw stones at Tim.

And it shows.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Can anybody come up with some solid, detailed case against Tim, besides silly photos?
Apparently not ... those photos and bigoted remarks speaks volumes about the poster though.

It's a moot issue, anyway.

Sylvester and crew.... came out of the gate, way to early.

They couldn't even decide (amongst themselves) who was running for GP.

By the election time rolls around, we will see who is even (still) left with him.

Or, if they can even manage a full slate.

They can't personally reach the majority of the members.

Mailings cost money, and have limited results.

Social Media, only stirs up disdain.

Watch what happens.

-Bug-

member6045

That sounds like my local too.

What's the major beef here?

We have cover drivers. We have helpers earlier and later than just Christmas now. And our feeders are losing ground to more and more independent drivers.

And a lot of our new full time jobs are cover drivers or combo jobs.

What is Tim doing that other locals aren't?

You sound like a Hoffa boy sent here to throw stones at Tim.

And it shows.

Going bye what you said!! Tim is no leader! He's following of locals footsteps. Killing good full time jobs that all members wish for.

wide load

Going bye what you said!! Tim is no leader! He's following of locals footsteps. Killing good full time jobs that all members wish for.
And even though people gave them numerous reasons of why Tim is no leader they will still ask for one reason for why Tim is no leader. It's like a vicious circle of insanity with this TDU group.

Ron Carey lives on

Wide load you are like the Joe McCarthy of Brown cafe, anybody that doesn't agree with you, they are TDU. I work with hoffa supporters all week, to best represent the members. Internal union politics only benefits people who want to bust unions. I don't label any union member. Ken P doesn't mean a damn thing to me. I handle local people and local problems as they come

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I don't throw up my hands and give up on Teamsters cause hoffa is in power, I just happen to think he has run his course, ready for some more aggressive leadership towards ups. I only have 20 in. 15 more to go, want someone to stand up to the bean counters in Atlanta

Sent using BrownCafe App

wide load

I don't throw up my hands and give up on Teamsters cause hoffa is in power, I just happen to think he has run his course, ready for some more aggressive leadership towards ups. I only have 20 in. 15 more to go, want someone to stand up to the bean counters in Atlanta

Sent using BrownCafe App
Anyone can be aggressive. I'd rather them be calculated not only living in the present but also years down the road. Aggression is for the weak minded.

By the election time rolls around, we will see who is even (still) left with him.

Watch what happens.

-Bug-

Watch what happens.

-Bug-
Hoffa Hall and O'brien got some of my money. I like them all. O'brien is a bad ass. That guy is the future.

wide load

I will agree if you admit that hoffa/hall are hurting our union!!
Is every decision they make going to be popular? No. I don't feel that they are hurting our union at all. Some may say a huge national strike hurts unions. It's all about perspective. Here in Boston, we like what's going on. We have very little to worry about. But that's because Sean is a smart man and people trust him.

anHOURover

Is every decision they make going to be popular? No. I don't feel that they are hurting our union at all. Some may say a huge national strike hurts unions. It's all about perspective. Here in Boston, we like what's going on. We have very little to worry about. But that's because Sean is a smart man and people trust him.
Would you say hoffa sending murphy to my hub to lie to the members hurt our union?
Do you agree with that decision? He did it! It happened! I don't make this crap up !