Where, Oh Where, is my DIAD?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't think my leg (with my winter tan) will be confused with STUG's! I took this of me stepping onto a P800 yesterday. Damn 22" step and 157 stops almost killed me. I'm glad I got my P7 back from the paint shop today, I almost wanted to kiss it after being in a P8 the last eight days.
IMG_1228.jpg
IMG_1230.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't think my leg (with my winter tan) will be confused with STUG's! I took this of me stepping onto a P800 yesterday. Damn 22" step and 157 stops almost killed me. I'm glad I got my P7 back from the paint shop today, I almost wanted to kiss it after being in a P8 the last eight days.

Awesome post, Scratch. Love those pictures, they speak a thousand words.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Hey sexy legs!!!!!!!!

No, not you sexyupsguy. LOL:wink2:

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Maybe in his grocery cart. Every homeless person got one of those too!
And some have a 2 CART garage in the back alley. :funny:

I for one would of liked to have seen STUG in the bra!!!! But since he's not a feeder driver he probably hasn't got man-boobs!!
Man boobs are a symptom of too much time behind the wheel of a CH600 Mack. Cure; Bid back into package and a little of :treadmill:and you'll have those man boobs in check. LOL
Shoulda looked in the tractor shop. I had an issue, was there a long time!!! Maybe 2:30 - 3...
GOSH over9, could've come down to package, woulda got you up and running in no time!

Good enough for ya's?
Careful STUG, sexyupsman might start droolin :drool:
you might just be sexier than his sexyupsman LOL

Can you reach the hand rail without totally extending your arm and shoulder?
Just looking at those pics makes my back hurt. That is exactly why I am on Comp.
Good luck to you and be sure to wear your bullet proof vest the next two weeks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Can you reach the hand rail without totally extending your arm and shoulder?

I took a pic of that too! I hate P8s with a passion. I drove my first 22 years with manual steering and a stick shift, I don't mind that. But climbing in and out of those mid 1980s P800 and P1000s is nothing but torture on your body. Whoever designed these cars deserves a special place in the underworld. Theres no telling how many injuries these have caused over the years. The handholds are too high, my arm was extended all the way when I grabbed it. I found myself grabbing the door frame at a lower height to pull myself up into the cab. I will take the 14" bottom step in my P7 anyday over a 22" P8 or P10.:knockedout:
IMG_1233.jpg

The handholds are too high, my arm was extended all the way when I grabbed it. I found myself grabbing the door frame at a lower height to pull myself up into the cab. I will take the 14" bottom step in my P7 anyday over a 22" P8 or P10.:knockedout:
That's exactly what I was doing when I hurt my back, well with the other hand on the edge of the door itself. The division manager said I needed to use PROPER methods. I closed teeth said back to him, "keep me out of the 800s and I will".

By your pic, it appears your arm/shoulder is at about a 50 to 55 degree angle to the side of the truck, that's just too much stress on your shoulder. Add that to the high step and all the other factors and you have a pretty good recipe for an injury while following the proper work method.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
On a couple of our old 800's, I had the mechanic install an extra grab bar on the floor in front of the heater. Works like a charm.