Who will the teamsters endorse.

Thebrownblob

The talking points have gone out.
It’s not smart to ignore or discount a poll like this, I guarantee you more information was required to take this poll , than almost any other poll in the country, not to mention the fact it was among union members who should lean Democrat if you believe conventional wisdom.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
It’s not smart to ignore or discount a poll like this, I guarantee you more information was required to take this poll , almost any other poll in the country, not to mention the fact it was among union members who should lean Democrat if you believe conventional wisdom.
Sean said as much, the questions were about more than yes or no. It was a comprehensive poll. You’re right, this is an important snapshot of where working people stand. It’s not just the members, it’s the friends and family they see every week that are struggling. No poll takes place in a vacuum.

Thebrownblob

Most Teamsters can't even bother to vote on their contract. Why waste their time on a meaningless poll?
Exactly, but they did which is even more shocking to me. The Democrats would be wise to figure out what they’re saying and figure out how to fix it, ignoring it is there own peril.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Most Teamsters can't even bother to vote on their contract. Why waste their time on a meaningless poll?
1726712523097.png

Pullman Brown

It’s not smart to ignore or discount a poll like this, I guarantee you more information was required to take this poll , than almost any other poll in the country, not to mention the fact it was among union members who should lean Democrat if you believe conventional wisdom.
I think it reveals how the overton window has moved further left/ marxist/ communist for democrats. It’s harder to suppress the truth with the world of the internet this days. Even centrist democrats can see through the shenanigans.

Thebrownblob

What do you think the democrats should do differently to get these union votes?
That’s not for me to find out, that’s for them to find out. Like someone said the fact that people voted in such large numbers means something.

Can’t even get people to vote for a contract, but they’ll vote for this? Somebody’s pissed about something.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
That’s not for me to find out, that’s for them to find out. Like someone said the fact that people voted in such large numbers means something.

Can’t even get people to vote for a contract, but they’ll vote for this? Somebody’s pissed about something.
40,000 out of hundreds of thousands eligible is a large number? Vast majority didn't care.

Thebrownblob

40,000 out of hundreds of thousands eligible is a large number? Vast majority didn't care
Teamster members have been lackadaisical about participating in union voting for as long as I can remember.

A poll is a sample and that is a very large sample for the number of Teamsters.

Again minimizing a poll like this is really not a good idea. They should roll up their sleeves and find out what they can do better imo.

Thebrownblob

Yeah I was thinking that too, out of over a million teamsters members. I was never informed about the voting process though, was everyone able to vote or was it randomly selected?
There was multiple votes in multiple different ways

At my local, we had two different months where people could come in person.

There was a leaflet that was sent out with a QR code to every member.

And there was also a phone call vote.

I have no idea if I got the phone call because I never answered any of those, but I did vote and the other three.

One of the polls had teamsters members voting more for Biden then trump also

Realistically, There’s not many, if any, people who were going to vote for Biden but won’t vote for Harris