You calling off Friday?

ManInBrown

Real Teamsters take vacation that week.
No way, why would I take off a week where I only have to work four days. Pro tip-you take off the following week, or if the holiday is Monday the prior week. We make enough, I don’t need an extra days pay. We got 35 year drivers here taking off every week there’s a holiday, every year, also the same guys who wont retire until they have one foot in the grave because they don’t have a penny in the 401k.

No way, why would I take off a week where I only have to work four days. Pro tip-you take off the following week, or if the holiday is Monday the prior week. We make enough, I don’t need an extra days pay. We got 35 year drivers here taking off every week there’s a holiday, every year, also the same guys who wont retire until they have one foot in the grave because they don’t have a penny in the 401k.
That's pathetic if you don't have money in your 401k

@catstalking - pieces per car a big thing right now? I’m assuming the corporate plan is to cut a lot on Friday?
I dunno I'm more on the feeder side lately, wouldn't surprise me, the "well if we have more pieces on the car than LY we must be making money" thing rolls around every other year or so

it's *, like all the other flavors of the month

meanwhile, DPS is literally designed to maximize SPORH and ORION is literally designed to reduce miles yet we NEVER push those elements that our technology can ACTUALLY deliver

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno I'm more on the feeder side lately, wouldn't surprise me, the "well if we have more pieces on the car than LY we must be making money" thing rolls around every other year or so

it's *, like all the other flavors of the month

meanwhile, DPS is literally designed to maximize SPORH and ORION is literally designed to reduce miles yet we NEVER push those elements that our technology can ACTUALLY deliver
Orion is a complete joke
They sold it to the investors as saving fuel but if you're under dispatched it will make you run around like a chicken with your head cut off so you can make your dispatch

:censored2:ing unbelievable

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever price out what a life insurance policy vs the survivorship option would be?
Yes I have my friend that's an option you want to look at many years ago

Unless you're wrong in super good shape with A1 rating on life insurance, it's very expensive

Either by time it's raisable for 10 or 20 years what happens if you die at 20 years in one day?

@joeboodog parents is a very good example of that
If I got working a little bit longer to make my pension better I will do it but I am not going to leave my wife without any money

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Yes I have my friend that's an option you want to look at many years ago

Unless you're wrong in super good shape with A1 rating on life insurance, it's very expensive

Either by time it's raisable for 10 or 20 years what happens if you die at 20 years in one day?

@joeboodog parents is a very good example of that
If I got working a little bit longer to make my pension better I will do it but I am not going to leave my wife without any money
And if she goes a year after you retire then you’re :censored2: out of luck……just saying

And if she goes a year after you retire then you’re :censored2: out of luck……just saying
No that is incorrect
I have the answer to that question
You have to pick the survivorship options when you retire but if the unfortunate event she should pre-dece me
I would have to send in a desertificate in my full pension would be restored

Only so many other people on here that don't know what they're going to do when they retire I have all the questions answered.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
No that is incorrect
I have the answer to that question
You have to pick the survivorship options when you retire but if the unfortunate event she should pre-dece me
I would have to send in a desertificate in my full pension would be restored

Only so many other people on here that don't know what they're going to do when they retire I have all the questions answered.
Good to know

Good to know
Major twice cut once
It's a one time deal.
I'm getting very close to my friend I'm just trying to make sure they got everything lined up.

That's very fortunate the last few people retired I was very close with and they gave me a lot of insight and I also emailed the pension board and got some very good answers so I know exactly what I have to do.