BLM means WHAT ????

rickyb

@sailfish
animal agriculture is torture as well. eating an animal is no justification for treating it that way.

it would make more sense if we either abused animals and ate them or neither instead of one and not the other.

rickyb

Wrong. It's possible for animals to be raised for consumption humanely.

How in the hell does it make more sense to abuse an animal if you're going to eat it?
no you cant. send me a link im curious.

if youre going to treat an animal like garbage then abusing it and eating it both fit that definition.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don't have link. There are small scale family farms all around here supplying local butcher shops that don't resemble anything close to the livestock industrial complexes you're likely picturing.

if youre going to treat an animal like garbage then abusing it and eating it both fit that definition.
That's the most retarded thing I've read in a long time.

rickyb

I don't have link. There are small scale family farms all around here supplying local butcher shops that don't resemble anything close to the livestock industrial complexes you're likely picturing.

That's the most retarded thing I've read in a long time.
dont use politically incorrect language like that you will make op needs angry

rickyb

If that's what they're capable of doing to a raccoon, what can they do to your pet? Or you or me? Or anyone who doesn't go along with their ideology? All I can say is if that were my cat, they'd all be gutted.
talk is cheap.

im guessing the small family farms are not moral

why dont we raise humans like we do animals on small family farms? we treat alot of species like garbage including ourselves

vantexan

Ricky I used to deliver to feedlots in Oklahoma and Texas that had 25000+ head of cattle on them. Those animals were well fed and watered and are calm. Then they get herded into a truck, taken to a packing plant where they go down a chute. A device is put to their head where a bullet is fired into. Death is instantaneous. It's humane and until they go to the feedlot they are raised on open pasture.

rickyb

Ricky I used to deliver to feedlots in Oklahoma and Texas that had 25000+ head of cattle on them. Those animals were well fed and watered and are calm. Then they get herded into a truck, taken to a packing plant where they go down a chute. A device is put to their head where a bullet is fired into. Death is instantaneous. It's humane and until they go to the feedlot they are raised on open pasture.
how long do they live on the farm? are the babies ripped away from the mothers? shooting animals doesnt sound humane. lets say the nazis did that to jews, would that be humane? i dont think so. its called speciesism.

vantexan

how long do they live on the farm? are the babies ripped away from the mothers? shooting animals doesnt sound humane. lets say the nazis did that to jews, would that be humane? i dont think so. its called speciesism.
Those animals have two purposes in life, to make products from them, and to produce more of them. Generally it's my understanding they're about two before heading to the feedlot. And no, calves aren't taken away from their mothers unless an operation is in business to produce veal. Beef, it's what's for dinner!