BLM means WHAT ????

vantexan

even on a beef ranch, if they treated dogs the way they treat the cows, ppl would probably have a problem with it. but actually if its not good enough for dogs, and not good enough for humans, then why is it good enough for cow?

i understand some people think an american life is more precious than an iranian life, or that a cow is more precious than a dog, but this is a slippery slope to things like racism.
Been to plenty of beef ranches. Have never seen an abused animal. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's slim to none.

vantexan

we have different definitions of "abuse"
I get it, you don't eat meat. Fine for you, but don't try to force it on the rest of us. I'm fine with lab grown meat, and if it helps the environment, great. You do realize the day will come when a much smaller group of animals will be kept for lab grown meat, and the rest will be killed? They aren't going to be turned out to wander around, having a great life.

It will be fine

I get it, you don't eat meat. Fine for you, but don't try to force it on the rest of us. I'm fine with lab grown meat, and if it helps the environment, great. You do realize the day will come when a much smaller group of animals will be kept for lab grown meat, and the rest will be killed? They aren't going to be turned out to wander around, having a great life.
How does explaining that killing animals is abusive force a vegetarian diet on you? I suppose it might force some people to examine why they kill animals for food when it’s not at all necessary.

vantexan

How does explaining that killing animals is abusive force a vegetarian diet on you? I suppose it might force some people to examine why they kill animals for food when it’s not at all necessary.
Didn't say it did. I said don't force it on the rest of us. And give me a break. You know good and well if you could legally force us into vegetarianism, even veganism, you would.

rickyb

i eat meat but i think its immoral.

u think animal agriculture is not abuse, but beating animals on the streets is.

It will be fine

Didn't say it did. I said don't force it on the rest of us. And give me a break. You know good and well if you could legally force us into vegetarianism, even veganism, you would.
That’s not consistent with my views on laws at all. I think education will drive more people to make the correct decision of a plant based diet. There’s no benefit to meat consumption. You’re free to kill animals for fun and eat them to make yourself less healthy.

vantexan

i eat meat but i think its immoral.

u think animal agriculture is not abuse, but beating animals on the streets is.
There's a huge difference between beating an animal and raising it for meat. You're assuming things that aren't so. Now I will agree that mass production farms that keep pigs in tight cages or cut the beaks off chickens is more than I can stomach. But you talk about how food banks are inefficient. What do you think mass production of any animal for meat is about? It's the most efficient way to feed hundreds of millions of people. Do you think a pig cares that his owner sweet talks him everyday, plays with him, let's him in the house if one day out of the blue the owner attacks him with a knife, cutting his throat? The world doesn't work that way. And don't be judgemental if you still eat meat. Being a vegan has obviously addled @It will be fine 's brain but at least he lives by his convictions by not eating meat.

vantexan

That’s not consistent with my views on laws at all. I think education will drive more people to make the correct decision of a plant based diet. There’s no benefit to meat consumption. You’re free to kill animals for fun and eat them to make yourself less healthy.
There are nutrients in animal protein that don't exist in plants. We're omnivores, not herbivores.

rickyb

There's a huge difference between beating an animal and raising it for meat. You're assuming things that aren't so. Now I will agree that mass production farms that keep pigs in tight cages or cut the beaks off chickens is more than I can stomach. But you talk about how food banks are inefficient. What do you think mass production of any animal for meat is about? It's the most efficient way to feed hundreds of millions of people. Do you think a pig cares that his owner sweet talks him everyday, plays with him, let's him in the house if one day out of the blue the owner attacks him with a knife, cutting his throat? The world doesn't work that way. And don't be judgemental if you still eat meat. Being a vegan has obviously addled @It will be fine 's brain but at least he lives by his convictions by not eating meat.
no no we were talking about animal abuse vs animal agriculture. both are immoral. yea the pig cares if hes being attacked you. btw animal agriculture is not efficient, its responsible for alot of pollution and water consumption.

vantexan

no no we were talking about animal abuse vs animal agriculture. both are immoral. yea the pig cares if hes being attacked you. btw animal agriculture is not efficient, its responsible for alot of pollution and water consumption.
Those are byproducts of an efficient system. As I said I'm fine with lab grown meat if it helps the environment. Are you?

vantexan

yea i think so unless the meat has feelings. im not too familiar with it
they take cultures from a live animal and grow the meat from that in a dish in a lab. There have been advancements in that where the meat has the texture and flavor of meat from slaughtered cows. Should revolutionize the way we eat.

rickyb

they take cultures from a live animal and grow the meat from that in a dish in a lab. There have been advancements in that where the meat has the texture and flavor of meat from slaughtered cows. Should revolutionize the way we eat.
hopefully its more efficient the current system is a big drain on fresh water.