Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
We always keep a change jar, I never use change for anything. It always goes in the jar. You'd be surprised how quickly change accumulates. We also just started a cash can. Any extra cash goes in it for the cruise.

I read a news story not long ago, where a woman saved every $5 bill she recieved. After she collected 10 of them, she would deposit them in a savings account. It added up to several thousand a year for her.

I used to keep my change in a coffee mug on my kitchen counter but my son would go through and take all of the silver so I now have an empty 5 gallon bottled water jug that I throw my change in and keep in my closet. We have a Coinstar in our local grocery store which is where I go to turn my change in to dollars. The only problem is the 9% surcharge but the local banks won't provide this service anymore and I don't have the time or patience to roll my own change so 9% it is.

Exchange the word "son" for "daughters", and "9%" for "8%" and my story is the same. :happy-very:

I just cashed out my coin jug the other day to treat myself to a new 28" computer monitor (no more scrolling side to side to see Steve's pictures on the BC). :happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I read a news story not long ago, where a woman saved every $5 bill she recieved. After she collected 10 of them, she would deposit them in a savings account. It added up to several thousand a year for her.

Exchange the word "son" for "daughters", and "9%" for "8%" and my story is the same. :happy-very:

I just cashed out my coin jug the other day to treat myself to a new 28" computer monitor (no more scrolling side to side to see Steve's pictures on the BC). :happy2:

LOL, I'm so Dizzee, my head is spinning........:surprised:

I know that silly boy! Actually I was kind of feeling a little embarrassed. We make good money and there are many that don't. Your idea is very good. And since I refuse to give to that corporate thingy :wink2:, then doing something else would work. I like Trpl's idea better though. I think I would rather keep it here in my own area. I try to shop local businesses for the same reason.

I have an advantage, both my kids are self supporting with pretty good jobs, rarely do they need help from dear old Dad. However when they do, I am glad to be able to help them. I did recently gift to my oldest to help out with an unexpected event, and need to do something of her little sister. Glad you reminded me of that, thanks.

OK, back to cruise stuff......

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's official, The Cruise is set for April 18th 2010. I sat down with Amy after physical therapy, and we went over a few details. She put it all together and here's what she emailed me.

Hi Everyone, Here is the info for this cruise:

The Browne Café Group
Carnival Valor * April 18th, 2010 * 7 Day Cruise* Miami-Grand Cayman-Isla Roatan-Belize-Cozumel-Miami

You have four cabin types to pick from:

Inside cabin 4B-$605.68 total per person ** 3rd or 4th per person rate is $325.68

Outside cabin w/picture window 6B-$725.68 total per person** 3rd or 4th per person rate is $355.68

Balcony cabin 8B-$895.68 total per person**3rd and 4th per person rate is $405.68

Suite cabin 11-$1405.68 total per person**3rd and 4th per person rate is $505.69

Additionally you may add prepaid gratuities $70.00 per person *** insurance for $79.00-109.00pp based on the
cabin you have booked.
Each CABIN is going to receive a $50.00 on board credit. You may also pick as a group ONE of the following
gifts per cabin: Champagne and Chocolates*Sparkling Cider and Chocolates*bottle of house White wine*
bottle of house Red wine* or a 8x10 group photo.

To book, I will need your Legal Names as it appears on your passport
Birthdates
Address
Telephone number
Emergency Contact person

The U.S. Government requires all guests to be in possession of a valid passport.

Deposit for the group as follows:
$50.00 per person due by Mar, 20th 2009
$250.00 per person due by Nov 10th 2009
Final amount due by Jan 25,2010

If anyone has any questions please contact either Steve or myself **Amy 800-782-1913 [email protected]
Thank you for your business!!

helenofcalifornia

I can never repay my Mom for what she has done for me. I figure sacrificing is part of parenthood. You do it without thinking about it and expecting any kind of "payback.". So I do for my kids what my Mom did for me. No paybacks, but an unspoken pact that they will "pay it forward" with their kids.

And Dizzee,what a great idea about five dollar bills!!! I am activating that idea today! It will be interesting to see how much money I can save. Good input, rookie!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Are you saying your bank won't count your change anymore? Is that a policy for all the banks in your area? It only takes them 10 seconds to dump your container into the change machine so I don't see where the hassle is. :angry: How about joining a Credit Union. They are usually easier to deal with.
I wish this was true ROD but we have a friend who is in a credit union and they won't deal with change either. They charge to process it. 2 yrs ago my bank didn't even ask. I had 1100 in change rolled. They took it and gave me cash. No weighing or anything. I don't know if the same is still true. But I will be finding out.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I wish this was true ROD but we have a friend who is in a credit union and they won't deal with change either. They charge to process it. 2 yrs ago my bank didn't even ask. I had 1100 in change rolled. They took it and gave me cash. No weighing or anything. I don't know if the same is still true. But I will be finding out.

If your bank doesn't please you in this economy, I'm sure accomodations can be made elsewhere.:wink2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If your bank doesn't please you in this economy, I'm sure accomodations can be made elsewhere.:wink2:
And you can damn well bet that is exactly what they will here from me. I've been with my bank for 20 some years. They have my auto and house loans and I just took money off my credit card to get my motorcycle. I would jerk everything I possibly can in a heartbeat.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
And you can damn well bet that is exactly what they will here from me. I've been with my bank for 20 some years. They have my auto and house loans and I just took money off my credit card to get my motorcycle. I would jerk everything I possibly can in a heartbeat.

I hear ya, sistah!

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

That's what she said. :happy-very::happy-very:

My bank will take rolled change, but, you have to write your name, address, and telephone number on each and every roll. Big PIA.
I guess if a roll turns up a penny short, they know who to look for.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That's what she said. :happy-very::happy-very:

My bank will take rolled change, but, you have to write your name, address, and telephone number on each and every roll. Big PIA.
I guess if a roll turns up a penny short, they know who to look for.
This I don't mind doing and expected to do it the last time I went to the bank with change, but I didn't have too. My bank didn't even quibble over it.

my bank doesn't charge for the service. I just make sure there is nothing it the jar, can or whatever except good coins. Don't want to clog up the machine.

It's official, The Cruise is set for April 18th 2010. I sat down with Amy after physical therapy, and we went over a few details. She put it all together and here's what she emailed me.
Steve, I take it that the rates listed are the group rate, did she by any chance say how many were required to get that rate? If I remember right someone said that the deposits were refundable up to a certain point?

Ms Spoken

Our son made my husband a fathers day gift from a pringles can with his picture on it into a piggy bank. We take our change from everyday and drop it in the can and when its full you will have almost $70 dollars. I just checked out the cruse and wow I'm ready to leave today.

Our son made my husband a fathers day gift from a pringles can with his picture on it into a piggy bank. We take our change from everyday and drop it in the can and when its full you will have almost $70 dollars. I just checked out the cruse and wow I'm ready to leave today.
Sorry, you'll have to wait on the rest of us. LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yep, prolly till March 5th or so. Doing much better though.
Good, glad to hear it. I got to go home today. Worked out well since I needed to go get a scope for my new rifle and needed to go get fingerprints done for the feds. LOL Been meaning to get a new clip for my 9mm and managed to get that done as well. I'm getting to know the guys at the gun shop pretty well! HEHEHEHE:surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'd love to leave today as well but I couldn't afford it today. :wink2: