Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Those corner cabins have huge balconies. They're a little over our budget though... :funny:

Smaller class ship than the Valor, you will be closer to the dining rooms and pools! Party time on the stern...........
IMG_0506.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We just got off the phone with Carnival, we were checking single and group cabin rates booked through them. Amy seems to have the better deal. Through Carnival, they give a free cabin with every eight booked using group rates. Two free cabins if sixteen go...hmmm. Their website offers a cheaper deal if you book early right now, but the problem with the early deal is there are no refunds if you have to back out. Like Steve and Amy say, $250 apeice to guarrentee a specific room now, and $50 if you want to wait and let them put you where ever they want.

My wife and I were actually thinking about doing a West Carribean cruise next year, although maybe on a different cruise line. I asked her over lunch today if she was interested in this, and to my surprise, she said yes!
That's great Scratch!

Tony checked the prices out at a travel agent we've used a few times in the past and Amy's prices beat them on all categories except for the cabin that we wanted, which was priced exactly the same.

We held one of those rear balcony cabins for 3 since our daughter wants to come too. Those teeny tiny rooms feel even smaller when there are 3 people in them. We thought a balcony that's a couple of feet larger might help keep us from spilling out into the hallway.
I booked our rooms near the atrium. Wanted to stay away from the rear of the ship because it can be rough (or so I've been told) and I don't need any more agrevation than necessary as far as seasickness goes.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Smaller class ship than the Valor, you will be closer to the dining rooms and pools! Party time on the stern...........

You betcha, party on the stern!

In fact I've done some checking and we may just end up with one of those corner units...

I'll be contacting Amy yet again tomorrow...She's awesome by the way.

Awesome! This is gonna be fun.:happy2:

You can say that again!

:cheers:

over9five

Staff member
Last night I thought of another thing that could help the BrownCafe Cruisers.

Anyone who has cruised with Carnival before is a Past Guest. Make sure Amy registers you with your Past Guest number!
You don't want to miss out on the past guest party with all the free drinks. My wife made very good use of that! (Really, she was toast after the last one!).

I don't remember all the Past Guest perks, but they have some cruise ship pins for you in your cabin.
If you've done 10 (I think) cruises, you get expedited check in.

You can find your Past Guest number by completing a profile at Carnival.com, or you can Email them at [email protected].

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Last night I thought of another thing that could help the BrownCafe Cruisers.

Anyone who has cruised with Carnival before is a Past Guest. Make sure Amy registers you with your Past Guest number!
You don't want to miss out on the past guest party with all the free drinks. My wife made very good use of that! (Really, she was toast after the last one!).

I don't remember all the Past Guest perks, but they have some cruise ship pins for you in your cabin.
If you've done 10 (I think) cruises, you get expedited check in.

You can find your Past Guest number by completing a profile at Carnival.com, or you can Email them at [EMAIL="[email protected]."][email protected].[/EMAIL]

That's great info 9/5.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe I could go, and we'll stick the big eyeball in the drivers seat of my truck. They'll never know I'm gone!

I don't know, but if it's an eye that moves around like your avatar, the center may stay cleared out for a week, anyways.

Works for me. lol
Seriously, is being able to get the week your only hold back? How far down are you in seniority?

Maybe if we all write letters.............:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Works for me. lol
Seriously, is being able to get the week your only hold back? How far down are you in seniority?

Yup, that's the only holdback. In Feeders I'm near the bottom, wouldn't have been a problem in Package.

Maybe if we all write letters.............:wink2:

"Dear Over9s center manager. Could you please let him come on the cruise...."

You need to think..........the little train that could

I can do this:hypnosis:I can do this:hypnosis:I can do this:hypnosis:I can do this:hypnosis: I can do this:hypnosis: I can do this

Too funny! Believe me, I'm open to suggestions.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yup, that's the only holdback. In Feeders I'm near the bottom, wouldn't have been a problem in Package.

"Dear Over9s center manager. Could you please let him come on the cruise...."

Too funny! Believe me, I'm open to suggestions.
Well the best suggestion would be to talk to your feeder buddies. Get down on your knees and beg if need be. Or just say please. LOL How many feeder drivers do you have above you? And of course we will all write them letters too! Recomendations or references, whatever is applicable.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Re: Brown Café Cruise!!!

Hey, just wanted to say this, just in case anyone wanted to know. The Brown Café Group cruise is setting sail April 18Th, 2010. The way I got involved with the cruise is simple. Many people had been discussing a cruise, and I thought, why not see how many people are really interested. Threads were started and people posted their interest, lack of interest and everything in between.

Upon reading that so many were interested, I decided to contact my friend, Amy, who just happens to be an awesome travel agent. I told her about the café and that many were interested in a cruise. She looked into cruises, based on the many criteria I submitted, after conferring with those interested. After much searching, she found the cruise that we are currently booking.

Having never been on a cruise, I'm satisfied with the price and itinerary. That being said, I have been PM'ed by someone, who has cruised before, and said they were concerned that not so many people were going, not aware that people were already calling and booking with Amy, and that maybe it would be better if they booked the cruise on their own, as they had cruised before and had found the same cruise for the same rate.

I replied that 8 people had already booked with Amy, and that I was confident that we'd get a bunch more people to go. I forgot to mention that we also spoke about any "free" cabins that may be included. One "free" cabin per 8 cabins booked on this cruise. I said that I was thinking about taking the free cabin, as people mentioned I should, because of the work I'm putting into our trip, though I feel a bit weird about this. Any other "free" cabins would be split among all those traveling, further educing the price or given to someone else, maybe by poll/vote or what we as a group decide. This person was taken aback a bit, when I told them that they should feel free to book the cruise as they saw best.

I didn't see anything wrong with what I said, but I think I was misunderstood. I would love for everyone to book the cruise through Amy. I'd like us to get all the perks of a group cruise. Like I said, I've never been on a cruise, and am only working with what little knowledge I have in this area. That being said, the cruise bookings, as a group are going full steam ahead. If anyone wants to go on the cruise, but book it their own way, please, feel free to do so. If it will save you money, or you're just into doing it your way, please, by all means, do this. I hope this information has been helpful. Sorry for the lengthy post.:happy2:

If anyone wants to find out how many people are booked or any other information, like flights in and out and hotels, please email: amy @ indianrivertravel or call toll free at 1-800-782-1913