Brown Cafe Cruise!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good, glad to hear it. I got to go home today. Worked out well since I needed to go get a scope for my new rifle and needed to go get fingerprints done for the feds. LOL Been meaning to get a new clip for my 9mm and managed to get that done as well. I'm getting to know the guys at the gun shop pretty well! HEHEHEHE:surprised:

Are you sure your user name isn't Annie Oakley? A chick packing heat...kind of a turn on.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Are you sure your user name isn't Annie Oakley? A chick packing heat...kind of a turn on.

Or Bonnie parker Bonnie and clyde

She was a Biscuit YUMMY

Bonnie_Parker_BC10.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I take it that the rates listed are the group rate, did she by any chance say how many were required to get that rate? If I remember right someone said that the deposits were refundable up to a certain point?

I included Amy's email and an 800 number for just such information. Please call her, she's a really nice woman.

Our son made my husband a fathers day gift from a pringles can with his picture on it into a piggy bank. We take our change from everyday and drop it in the can and when its full you will have almost $70 dollars. I just checked out the cruse and wow I'm ready to leave today.

Glad you're coming, Ms S.

Good, glad to hear it. I got to go home today. Worked out well since I needed to go get a scope for my new rifle and needed to go get fingerprints done for the feds. LOL Been meaning to get a new clip for my 9mm and managed to get that done as well. I'm getting to know the guys at the gun shop pretty well! HEHEHEHE:surprised:

Isn't it great having a day off during the week to get stuff done?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ya..................I probably should have lived a 100 yrs ago..................probably would have been just as happy! LMAO

Hell, who knows....................maybe I did live a 100 yrs ago.

Ms.PacMan

I'm booked! (insert missing bouncy smiley)

Just talked to Amy and I asked her about the deposits. They are fully refundable up until the final payment in January. So never fear if you don't get that week for vacation.

I also asked about the rates for any singles. Singles are usually charged 200% (double occupancy) in all categories except the 1A. Those are inside cabins with 2 bunks and the rate would be $885.18.

Thought I'd add the exact itinerary:

Sunday Apr 18 Miami, FL 4:00pm
Monday, Apr 19 Fun Day At Sea
Tuesday, Apr 20 Grand Cayman 7:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday, Apr 21 Isla Roatan 12:00pm-7:00pm
Thursday, Apr 22 Belize 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday, Apr 23 Cozumel 8:00am-5:00pm
Saturday, Apr 24 Fun Day At Sea
Sunday, Apr 25 Miami, FL 8:00am

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm booked! (insert missing bouncy smiley)

Just talked to Amy and I asked her about the deposits. They are fully refundable up until the final payment in January. So never fear if you don't get that week for vacation.

I also asked about the rates for any singles. Singles are usually charged 200% (double occupancy) in all categories except the 1A. Those are inside cabins with 2 bunks and the rate would be $885.18.

Thought I'd add the exact itinerary:

Sunday Apr 18 Miami, FL 4:00pm
Monday, Apr 19 Fun Day At Sea
Tuesday, Apr 20 Grand Cayman 7:00am-4:00pm
Wednesday, Apr 21 Isla Roatan 12:00pm-7:00pm
Thursday, Apr 22 Belize 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday, Apr 23 Cozumel 8:00am-5:00pm
Saturday, Apr 24 Fun Day At Sea
Sunday, Apr 25 Miami, FL 8:00am

Any and all going on the Brown Cafe cruise, please PM me.

over9five

Staff member
I have two cruise issues that may affect some of you:

1. Does anyone have a SeaMiles card? You can redeem these through Barclays, and my Carnival PVP said you can redeem it when you book there. But how 'bout a private travel agent? Can Amy redeem Sea Miles?

2. On my last cruise, Carnival was pushing cruise certificates. I think it was $100 per certificate, and on your next cruise you'd get $100 off the cruise plus $100 on-board credit. Same question, can Amy redeem these?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

1. Does anyone have a SeaMiles card? You can redeem these through Barclays, and my Carnival PVP said you can redeem it when you book there. But how 'bout a private travel agent? Can Amy redeem Sea Miles?

2. On my last cruise, Carnival was pushing cruise certificates. I think it was $100 per certificate, and on your next cruise you'd get $100 off the cruise plus $100 on-board credit. Same question, can Amy redeem these?

Send her an email and ask her. I had a couple of questions for her as well.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Carnival Cruise booking rules to share with the Brown Cafe:

1) To request a specific cabin in the category you are booking, Carnival wants
a deposit of $250.00 per person. The $50.00 per person deposit holds a cabin
in the category you want but not a specific cabin number. So anyone looking
for a certain cabin number or area.. will want to give a $250.00 deposit to secure
your cabin location. If you don’t have a specific cabin number or area you want
to be on that deck you may pay the $50.00 deposit per person to secure a cabin
and the rate.

2) I was told today by Carnival that the 3rd and 4th person rates are NOT guaranteed.
If anyone is interested in a triple or quad cabin may want to book as soon as possible
to secure the low rate. Triple and quad cabins are limited verses the double cabin so
that is why the rate may fluctuate with demand. To reserve a triple or quad cabin
you must pay a deposit of $250.00 per person in the cabin and have full names at
time of booking.

So anyone wanting a specific cabin or a triple or quad cabin will have to pay a full deposit
of $250.00 per person plus the legal names of all the people cruising .
The deposit is refundable up until final payment.

Let me know if anyone has any questions. I am available Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.

Thanks,
Amy

PS Amy can help you get flights into, out of and hotel rooms/transprotation if you plan on getting in days before the cruise, or staying to do some sights, afterwards.

Last edited:

Ms.PacMan

I called Carnival and they said Amy can redeem sea miles if Indian River is affiliated with the Sea Miles program.

For the certificates (something I just read about this morning), I read that they can be redeemed thru any travel agent and used on a cruise that has already been booked. Some posted that they are good for 5 years.

Disney used to offer $100 OBC and an early booking discount if you booked while on the cruise. I liked that and I like the certificate idea, too.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We just got off the phone with Carnival, we were checking single and group cabin rates booked through them. Amy seems to have the better deal. Through Carnival, they give a free cabin with every eight booked using group rates. Two free cabins if sixteen go...hmmm. Their website offers a cheaper deal if you book early right now, but the problem with the early deal is there are no refunds if you have to back out. Like Steve and Amy say, $250 apeice to guarrentee a specific room now, and $50 if you want to wait and let them put you where ever they want.

My wife and I were actually thinking about doing a West Carribean cruise next year, although maybe on a different cruise line. I asked her over lunch today if she was interested in this, and to my surprise, she said yes!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Tony checked the prices out at a travel agent we've used a few times in the past and Amy's prices beat them on all categories except for the cabin that we wanted, which was priced exactly the same.

We held one of those rear balcony cabins for 3 since our daughter wants to come too. Those teeny tiny rooms feel even smaller when there are 3 people in them. We thought a balcony that's a couple of feet larger might help keep us from spilling out into the hallway.

Tony checked the prices out at a travel agent we've used a few times in the past and Amy's prices beat them on all categories except for the cabin that we wanted, which was priced exactly the same.

We held one of those rear balcony cabins for 3 since our daughter wants to come too. Those teeny tiny rooms feel even smaller when there are 3 people in them. We thought a balcony that's a couple of feet larger might help keep us from spilling out into the hallway.
The corner balcony rooms appear to be even larger, plus you have more balcony.