Car and Bike Talk

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Don't get me wrong, it is. It's just tougher at low speeds because of the control positioning. Put some higher bars on it and it would destroy that course.
At the time I did that course, I was 175lbs. That damn Electra was a beast. Throttling that thing through the keyhole and evasive lane change made me S* myself. The rest of the course was not much better.

This is some of the stuff we had to do.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
At the time I did that course, I was 175lbs. That damn Electra was a beast. Throttling that thing through the keyhole and evasive lane change made me S* myself. The rest of the course was not much better.

Worst thing you could do on that is look down.

sailfish

When it was time for my final test, I actually tightened my helmet strap tight enough that it would choke me if I attempted to tilt me head anywhere below horizon level.

rod

Retired 23 years

I'm surprised they didn't make them wear a leather jacket. I wonder how many skinned up elbows there were at the end of the first day. I bet you can get one of those bikes cheap after they are done with them.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
20200520_151523.jpg

@1BROWNWRENCH , @sailfish

I'd love one of these

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm surprised they didn't make them wear a leather jacket. I wonder how many skinned up elbows there were at the end of the first day. I bet you can get one of those bikes cheap after they are done with them.
Some places I'm certain you have to wear full protective gear but when the class is held in August in Phoenix I think they figure any road rash you suffer will cauterize itself from the 150° asphalt.

There were some agencies whose guys brought trailer mounted brand spanking new machines that still had the little rubber hairs on the tires and clear plastic on the trim pieces. Most of us had POS bikes that were nearing the end of their service life so WGAF right!

sailfish

Electrics are still more a toy. You would still need another real bike.
Nah. I'd like something like that. I couldn't give a sh* about noise. When I got my Harley it was used and came with an obnoxious noisy exhaust. I ended up buying a stock exhaust on ebay and replacing it to make it relatively quiet. Even on my current bike when I wanted a more stylish exhaust I put a factory one on from another model so it would still be quiet and have no compatibility issues with the emission system.

Nah. I'd like something like that. I couldn't give a sh* about noise. When I got my Harley it was used and came with an obnoxious noisy exhaust. I ended up buying a stock exhaust on ebay and replacing it to make it relatively quiet. Even on my current bike when I wanted a more stylish exhaust I put a factory one on from another model so it would still be quiet and have no compatibility issues with the emission system.
WDFD