Car and Bike Talk

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Indian charges way too much for the name. OK bikes but probably only worth half as much as they want for one.

One of the old classic Indians is a different story.
Around 11 for the one I want
F143893934.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Well I went to look anyway and the showroom was open. But the sales department had people in line almost all the way to the door. They still had all the quads out on the floor and the bike I wanted to see was about two rows and ten bikes deep and was parked so tight against the others I couldn't even stand it up. I guess they're making every sale they didn't make the last two months in one day. Maybe I'll try again in a couple weeks.

oldngray

nowhere special
Well I went to look anyway and the showroom was open. But the sales department had people in line almost all the way to the door. They still had all the quads out on the floor and the bike I wanted to see was about two rows and ten bikes deep and was parked so tight against the others I couldn't even stand it up. I guess they're making every sale they didn't make the last two months in one day. Maybe I'll try again in a couple weeks.
I have the feeling if you walk in with cash in hand they will be willing to make a deal.

sailfish

I should rent one from Eagle Rider. See if it would even solve the problems I want one for.
Well nevermind that. The one I used to use isn't a rental center anymore and the Eagle Rider locations here now only have Harleys and are closed until next year.

rod

Retired 23 years
To me a bike needs that engine noise. Electric just doesn't feel right.
I would love to take one for a test drive but the local Harley dealer isn't even going to handle them because those that do also have to also install an 85 thousand dollar charging station. Apparently so far only one Harley dealer in Mn. has signed up to handle them. If they could only get them to go 3 or 4 hundred miles on a charge --

oldngray

nowhere special
I would love to take one for a test drive but the local Harley dealer isn't even going to handle them because those that do also have to also install an 85 thousand dollar charging station. Apparently so far only one Harley dealer in Mn. has signed up to handle them. If they could only get them to go 3 or 4 hundred miles on a charge --
A gas bike has shorter range but only takes a couple of minutes to fill up.

rod

Retired 23 years
Nah. I'd like something like that. I couldn't give a sh* about noise. When I got my Harley it was used and came with an obnoxious noisy exhaust. I ended up buying a stock exhaust on ebay and replacing it to make it relatively quiet. Even on my current bike when I wanted a more stylish exhaust I put a factory one on from another model so it would still be quiet and have no compatibility issues with the emission system.
Loud pipes save lives. The 80 year old guy I bought my 2017 Tri-glide from had aftermarket pipes put on it (extra $800)that really bark. He gave me the factory pipes too. Maybe someday I will put them on but for now I kind of enjoy annoying people. I have factory pipes on my Ultra Classic and they are a little too quite as far as I'm concerned.

sailfish

Loud pipes save lives. The 80 year old guy I bought my 2017 Tri-glide from had aftermarket pipes put on it (extra $800)that really bark. He gave me the factory pipes too. Maybe someday I will put them on but for now I kind of enjoy annoying people. I have factory pipes on my Ultra Classic and they are a little too quite as far as I'm concerned.
I don't buy the "loud pipes save lives" mantra. I wouldn't miss the noise one bit if it disappeared entirely.