Covid Vaccinations

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Very few- about 1%, making the vaccines about 99% effective at preventing death. And even if it was 10% of deaths that were vaccinated, it would make the vaccine around 90% effective in preventing death. If the vaccine wasn't effective in preventing deaths, the number of deaths would be pretty equally split between vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Suviability with out the shot is 99.9 - 99.8. So you are saying people that have the shot will have a higher risk of death? Please reread what you said.

Not to mention the vaers report puts the number of deaths higher. Just from taking the shot...

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Except that only a teeny percent of a teeny percent of a teeny percent have any adverse reaction to the vaccine after billions of doses worldwide. Meanwhile, nearly 700k in the US alone have died from the virus. And I had a short term problem- my shoulder was sore for about 36 hours where I had a needle go through the muscle tissue. Cost to society of my sore shoulder- $0
There have not been billions of doses.

P. S. Do you own research. If you need help to figure out this website. I'll help you. Just let me know..

You are completely misinformed.

vantexan

For the first few couple months, treatment the virus was less effective as they learned what worked. After that, the death rate lowered and and the current number of deaths seems to indicate that the vaccine works pretty well. The TOTAL number of deaths per week IS about 1/2 what it was, with 1/2 the population vaccinated. That seems to indicate similar death rates, or pretty close from either variant. With not every case reported, comparing overall death rate is really better than just deaths among the infected. With test much more available now, and even mandated, you can't compare those nimbers that you cite with any clue about how many of the infected are counted. In a large population, overall death rate is a great indicator of how deadly something is.And among the unvaccinated, it appears that covid is just as deadly now.
Nope, it's deaths per million cases. There's just simply not as many dying from this variant as from the original strain. Look at the total number of deaths as of 5 months ago. The Delta variant has been the dominant strain, about 85% of new cases, for about 5 months now. We were over 600,000 deaths then, still haven't hit 700,000 total now. The numbers don't lie. And everyone knows the Delta variant is much more contagious. This pandemic is winding down, not revving up. That doesn't mean it isn't dangerous or that those most vulnerable shouldn't get vaccinated.

BadLarry238

Your Hero
Being unvaccinated is not considered a medical condition. Any more than wearing a hat is a medical condition.And yes- the ACA may prevent you from any surcharge IF you are covered by an exchange plan, but if you are covered by an employer plan, the insurer can increase your premium up to a total of 9% of your income, and if the employer is paying part of the premium, they may need to pay more if they have a lot of unvaccinated employees. There is every incentive for employers to mandate employees get vaccinated, including customer confidence that the customer can use the business with much lower risk of catching a potentially deadly disease.
Being unvaccinated is technically a medical condition and if an employer mandates an employee get vaccinated as a condition of employment or continued employment, is a form of discrimination. According to the ACA, that is now against the law. Don't believe me...go read it.

To many liabilities for a major Corp to take on for them to implement mandates. Just a matter of time before the lawsuits are filed against United, Disney, etc.

Being unvaccinated is technically a medical condition and if an employer mandates an employee get vaccinated as a condition of employment or continued employment, is a form of discrimination. According to the ACA, that is now against the law. Don't believe me...go read it.

To many liabilities for a major Corp to take on for them to implement mandates. Just a matter of time before the lawsuits are filed against United, Disney, etc.
And that's why the president mandated vaccines for many employers to get them off the hook

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
By what authority can the President mandate this?
States can mandate it, not the feds without a law from congress. In 1905 Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that a man could be fined for not taking the small pox vaccine, 5 dollars. But that was state not federal! Never been a federal vaccine mandate.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
States can mandate it, not the feds without a law from congress. In 1905 Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled that a man could be fined for not taking the small pox vaccine, 5 dollars. But that was state not federal! Never been a federal vaccine mandate.
Precisely. My question was rhetorical. Thanks!

yadig

Trump still cowering in the bunker. Most cowardly moment in presidential history
He’s not the president no more :censored2:! The ice cream man is and he’s doing a wonderful job. He should be getting all the credit! He’s reversed everything trump did out the gate. Mexico is loving it and China is partnering with the taliban in Afghanistan. What a leader! Oh wait, it’s trumps fault! Lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Been traveling around Montana (Glacier and that area) and have been running into places with signs that say “masks required even if vaccinated”. Just as I was getting used to no mask again.

Serf

Remember when I thought the entire severe virus case was a referendum on people’s disgusting bodies, bad habits, vitamin and mineral deficiency? Go get that shot so you can get a free krisy kreme donut.