Covid Vaccinations

bacha29

The people who still think we’re all responsible for each other crack me up. I’m not responsible for taking any steps to stop the spread. You’re responsible for your own exposure. If I kill you with COVID, you should’ve stayed home. You should’ve been vaccinated. I am in no way responsible for “helping” to stop the spread. Live your life. If COVID is a death risk for you, live accordingly. Anybody preaching anything else is contributing to hysteria and irrational thought.
So does it give the right to infect another innocent person should you contract COVID or it's variant? The issue here is not about you contracting COVID your mind is made up on that one. It is about what you clearly perceive as your right as an American to infect an innocent person with the stuff.

bacha29

Lemme guess….you’re “pro-life,” right?
Those are people who believe it's their right to contract COVID. It certainly is their right but at the same time they think that medical services are more duty bound to save their life then they are anybody else. That's the interesting part. They're basing their decision for not getting vaccinated on the dumb assumption that if they contract COVID all they need to do is to go show up to the hospital and their life is automatically guaranteed to be spared. They seem to think that their completely undeserved sense of self importance automatically places them at the front of the line ahead of everybody else.

All this despite the fact that hospitals have a clear message: " We can't save everybody and if you show up here you're no better then anybody else. You'll get in line and take your turn along with everybody else and if we can't get to you in time, oh well, there's plenty more on the way who think the same way you did.

wilberforce15

Those are people who believe it's their right to contract COVID. It certainly is their right but at the same time they think that medical services are more duty bound to save their life then they are anybody else. That's the interesting part. They're basing their decision for not getting vaccinated on the dumb assumption that if they contract COVID all they need to do is to go show up to the hospital and their life is automatically guaranteed to be spared. They seem to think that their completely undeserved sense of self importance automatically places them at the front of the line ahead of everybody else.

All this despite the fact that hospitals have a clear message: " We can't save everybody and if you show up here you're no better then anybody else. You'll get in line and take your turn along with everybody else and if we can't get to you in time, oh well, there's plenty more on the way who think the same way you did.
Name a person who thinks that way.

Aquaman

Lemme guess….you’re “pro-life,” right?
I’m pro “take responsibility for your self”. Nobody else is responsible for you not catching a virus. I can cough right in your face and the harsh reality is... you should’ve stayed home. It happens. You’re too dumb to realize it but it actually compares quite well to being pro-life. Does the thought of being a mom drive you to kill a growing human? Well then don’t engage in the activity that grows humans. Is COVID potentially deadly to you? Then YOU wear a mask, YOU get a vaccine, YOU work from home, YOU wash your hands. Responsibility for yourself & your own actions. Your age, obesity, health conditions, & vulnerability to a virus in no way alters my life and what I do. Period.

Aquaman

So does it give the right to infect another innocent person should you contract COVID or it's variant? The issue here is not about you contracting COVID your mind is made up on that one. It is about what you clearly perceive as your right as an American to infect an innocent person with the stuff.
I find it humorous that you are under the assumption that someone has the right to NOT be infected with something. If I give you the flu, you’re not innocent and I’m not guilty lol. We all live a life with acknowledged risk of virus contraction. If I have HIV & don’t know I have it, and give it to you... guess what... it’s part of life. Nobody is going to jail. If you’re high risk of COVID hospitalization, you have the right to protect yourself. And I have the right not to care. Unless we can prove who is walking around with the virus in real time, it’s every man for himself. I won’t ignore the bill of rights for anyone. Even if it results in mass death. Which it already has, many many people have died for it. So yes, it’s more important than your life. And it’s way more important than this pandemic.

AB831

I’m pro “take responsibility for your self”. Nobody else is responsible for you not catching a virus. I can cough right in your face and the harsh reality is... you should’ve stayed home. It happens. You’re too dumb to realize it but it actually compares quite well to being pro-life. Does the thought of being a mom drive you to kill a growing human? Well then don’t engage in the activity that grows humans. Is COVID potentially deadly to you? Then YOU wear a mask, YOU get a vaccine, YOU work from home, YOU wash your hands. Responsibility for yourself & your own actions. Your age, obesity, health conditions, & vulnerability to a virus in no way alters my life and what I do. Period.
Thank you for confirming your hypocrisy.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I find it humorous that you are under the assumption that someone has the right to NOT be infected with something. If I give you the flu, you’re not innocent and I’m not guilty lol. We all live a life with acknowledged risk of virus contraction. If I have HIV & don’t know I have it, and give it to you... guess what... it’s part of life. Nobody is going to jail. If you’re high risk of COVID hospitalization, you have the right to protect yourself. And I have the right not to care. Unless we can prove who is walking around with the virus in real time, it’s every man for himself. I won’t ignore the bill of rights for anyone. Even if it results in mass death. Which it already has, many many people have died for it. So yes, it’s more important than your life. And it’s way more important than this pandemic.
Especially since you’ll never eradicate this virus.

bacha29

Name a person who thinks that way.
To begin with...you. Now aren't you big into organization religion? Now if you are doesn't your religion say something about being your brother's keeper? Something about caring for the poor and the sick? Is there something in there about your perceived right to risk others lives by passing COVID off onto them? I didn't think that there was unless there is something in the religion you practice that says you can.

wilberforce15

"
To begin with...you. Now aren't you big into organization religion? Now if you are doesn't your religion say something about being your brother's keeper? Something about caring for the poor and the sick? Is there something in there about your perceived right to risk others lives by passing COVID off onto them? I didn't think that there was unless there is something in the religion you practice that says you can.
You said:

They're basing their decision for not getting vaccinated on the dumb assumption that if they contract COVID all they need to do is to go show up to the hospital and their life is automatically guaranteed to be spared. They seem to think that their completely undeserved sense of self importance automatically places them at the front of the line ahead of everybody else."
Name a person who thinks that.

bacha29

Especially since you’ll never eradicate this virus.
Exactly. It's years away from eradication. In the meantime the only thing that can be done is for everybody to do their part to keep it under control because before you can eradicate it you first have to get it under control and that requires everybody.

BadLarry238

Your Hero
bacha29...here's your history lesson on boxcars!

227424289_2985809068344026_1539731989424838081_n.jpg

bacha29

Does that give the medical services provider the right not to care about whether you survive or not ? They might be legally bound to try to treat you but it doesn't say anything about guaranteeing the right to survive.
You're simply another one who due to a completely undeserved sense of self importance believes that hospital ER personnel are going to drop everything and come running to treat you while ignoring an ER full of stupid people who like you are needlessly laying there helpless begging for somebody to come and save them when they didn't need to be there in the first place.

UnionStrong

Exactly. It's years away from eradication. In the meantime the only thing that can be done is for everybody to do their part to keep it under control because before you can eradicate it you first have to get it under control and that requires everybody.
It will never be eradicated! No more than the flu or common cold! It has a reservoir in animals and will continue to mutate and jump back and forth

UnionStrong

because there weren't 7 million people available to be killed. 3 to 5 million is much more likely. I'm not a denier. I just think the number is wrong.

Same with covid. it's real. Lots of people are dead. But it's not 600k, which is just preposterous.
The Germans kept meticulous records of camp deaths. Your wrong. Period