FedEx Ground

It will be fine

Assuming for the sake of argument that Ground does have a delivery force, what is his point?
I honestly have no idea. It gets tiring arguing with idiots. I started as a package handler and now have multiple layers of management beneath me but these clowns don’t believe I built anything.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

....and what happens if one of their charges screws up....do they sit down and chat with them or does this get elevated to your bldg mgr...? Who does the hiring/firing?

It will be fine

....and what happens if one of their charges screws up....do they sit down and chat with them or does this get elevated to your bldg mgr...? Who does the hiring/firing?
Both. I try to let the leads handle all the minor daily stuff. Serious stuff that can result in termination gets to the manager and myself. I have a recruiter that does driver processing and lines up the drivers. The leads do the training.

bbsam

Staff member
I said they contracted. How is that owned? But FedEx has it's own delivery force and could increase it to handle all deliveries, cutting out FedEx Ground. The military on the other hand doesn't have factories to manufacture weapons, equipment, and supplies. False analogy.
I live six miles from the Rock Island Arsenal. They absolutely have factories to manufacture weapons, equipment, and supplies.

bacha29

I honestly have no idea. It gets tiring arguing with idiots. I started as a package handler and now have multiple layers of management beneath me but these clowns don’t believe I built anything.
You carried out a set of directives at the direction of and under the complete command and control of Fedex If getting people to believe that you "built a business" is that important to you then you'll have to take those efforts someplace else where it might produce the results you seek because they will not be found here.

That's right. We don't believe that you built a damn thing. You simply put together the sub-assemblies and pre-engineered parts of somebody else's business model. it's like coming out here and saying...."I built a house" when all it is is a double wide that somebody hauled in and bolted together.

vantexan

The military contracts for services including but not limited to: laundry, food service, IT development, logistics, surveillance, interrogation, and counterterrorism.
I don't get why you are arguing with me? I'm saying the military contracts for everything. FedEx has it's own delivery force that could be doing the work Ground contractors are doing. The military on the other hand isn't going to put it's soldiers to work manufacturing weapons, etc. So FedEx and the military aren't similar. False analogy.

It will be fine

You carried out a set of directives at the direction of and under the complete command and control of Fedex If getting people to believe that you "built a business" is that important to you then you'll have to take those efforts someplace else where it might produce the results you seek because they will not be found here.

That's right. We don't believe that you built a damn thing. You simply put together the sub-assemblies and pre-engineered parts of somebody else's business model. it's like coming out here and saying...."I built a house" when all it is is a double wide that somebody hauled in and bolted together.
I don’t believe there are many that agree with you. If that’s all that was required you would have had more to show than one route when you sold out.

It will be fine

I don't get why you are arguing with me? I'm saying the military contracts for everything. FedEx has it's own delivery force that could be doing the work Ground contractors are doing. The military on the other hand isn't going to put it's soldiers to work manufacturing weapons, etc. So FedEx and the military aren't similar. False analogy.
There’s that lie again.

vantexan

What proof would you accept that FedEx Ground has no trucks or delivery drivers? It’s a basic fact, not sure what you’re looking for.
I didn't say they did. Who's on first? I said FedEx corporation has it's own delivery force, i.e. Express. That Ground contracts with individuals to deliver packages. How many circles do you want to go around? You're just trying to save face after making a bad analogy.