FedEx Ground

vantexan

Now prove that Fedex Ground has drivers. Even one.
I don't have to. FedEx Ground pays contractors to employ drivers. It's still a false analogy to compare Ground to military contractors. FedEx could expand Express to do all of the deliveries and end it's relationship with Ground contractors. The U.S. military isn't going to have it's soldiers, marines, sailors do all the manufacturing necessary to supply them with ships, planes, tanks, guns, uniforms, the list is endless. They have a mission that their contractors support. FedEx doesn't need contractors to support their mission in the same way the military does. False analogy.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't have to. FedEx Ground pays contractors to employ drivers. It's still a false analogy to compare Ground to military contractors. FedEx could expand Express to do all of the deliveries and end it's relationship with Ground contractors. The U.S. military isn't going to have it's soldiers, marines, sailors do all the manufacturing necessary to supply them with ships, planes, tanks, guns, uniforms, the list is endless. They have a mission that their contractors support. FedEx doesn't need contractors to support their mission in the same way the military does. False analogy.
Or Fedex could do away with Express entirely.

It will be fine

The military could just as easily expand their manufacturing capacity. Fedex Express is a different company, claiming their fleet is a stretch. Your argument is extremely weak and not supported by facts, about what I expect from you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You carried out a set of directives at the direction of and under the complete command and control of Fedex If getting people to believe that you "built a business" is that important to you then you'll have to take those efforts someplace else where it might produce the results you seek because they will not be found here.

That's right. We don't believe that you built a damn thing. You simply put together the sub-assemblies and pre-engineered parts of somebody else's business model. it's like coming out here and saying...."I built a house" when all it is is a double wide that somebody hauled in and bolted together.

Hmmm.

If I start a company and hire a dozen guys and we do payroll, A/R, and A/P work for other companies in the area, do I own a business?

If the city and county governments like our work and give me exclusive contracts to do that some work for them, and I drop my other clients in order to do so, do I own a business?

59 Dano

I don't get why you are arguing with me? I'm saying the military contracts for everything. FedEx has it's own delivery force that could be doing the work Ground contractors are doing. The military on the other hand isn't going to put it's soldiers to work manufacturing weapons, etc. So FedEx and the military aren't similar. False analogy.

It's safe to say that both organizations buy much of the stuff they need to do what they do from third parties. How you come to the conclusion that such an obvious similarity should be seen as an obvious difference is a mystery.

bacha29

I don’t believe there are many that agree with you. If that’s all that was required you would have had more to show than one route when you sold out.
I don't see many people agreeing with you here. It's like saying "I built my own truck" When it turns out that it was just a glider kit. They send you the parts and you put it together yourself.
When Dan Sullivan and the guy from UPS who's name I forget who as I understand it went back to work for UPS locked themselves in that hotel room at the Pittsburgh airport in 1985 to create Roadway Package System these were the guys actually built the business because it was their creative endeavor , their project their business model and if what I was told is true it was backed with 300 million dollars of Teamster pension money.

And since you claim to have built the business and was no doubt present and materially participated in the project perhaps you could tell us if that story regarding the financial backing is true or not.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Great idea , then Ground can do the FO's and P1. Then go back and do their ground stuff.
36D31668-9F76-4543-90A5-8A7BD74EBA75.jpeg

bacha29

Hmmm.

If I start a company and hire a dozen guys and we do payroll, A/R, and A/P work for other companies in the area, do I own a business?

If the city and county governments like our work and give me exclusive contracts to do that some work for them, and I drop my other clients in order to do so, do I own a business?
Who's software and accounting system are you using? Did you develop and copyright your software or are you simply using someone else's that you bought?

59 Dano

Who's software and accounting system are you using? Did you develop and copyright your software or are you simply using someone else's that you bought?

You mean you can't answer either question without knowing what kind of software is being used?

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!! If you were any dumber, you'd be on a leash.

59 Dano

I don't see many people agreeing with you here. It's like saying "I built my own truck" When it turns out that it was just a glider kit. They send you the parts and you put it together yourself.
When Dan Sullivan and the guy from UPS who's name I forget who as I understand it went back to work for UPS locked themselves in that hotel room at the Pittsburgh airport in 1985 to create Roadway Package System these were the guys actually built the business because it was their creative endeavor , their project their business model and if what I was told is true it was backed with 300 million dollars of Teamster pension money.

And since you claim to have built the business and was no doubt present and materially participated in the project perhaps you could tell us if that story regarding the financial backing is true or not.

You've dug yourself into such a hole with a dumb premise that you're almost at the point that you would argue that you didn't build your own business unless you physically built the building yourself. And if you built it yourself, it doesn't count unless you made all of the tools yourself - from scratch. And if you did that, it doesn't count unless you went out and cut down all the trees for the lumber yourself, and that doesn't count unless you actually planted the trees yourself, and THAT doesn't count unless you created the soil in which those trees grew.

And on and on and on.

All because someone succeeded at something that you never could.