Fumbling McCain has brain cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

POS

Paul Gottinger‏ @PaulGottinger 20h20 hours ago

In 1973, John McCain spoke out to save Senate funding for Nixon’s secret carpet-bombing of Cambodia, which killed a half million people

DlgZNEfWsAA3cqK.jpg

DlgZNEpXoAAj5lo.jpg

DlgZNEjX0AEWQDn.jpg

vantexan

View attachment 209406

Trump got 4 years of a student deferment, and then upon graduating from military academy he conveniently developed bone spurs and was classified 1-Y.
Which is fine, but a person with that combination of privelege and medical good fortune needs to just STFU and say “thank you” rather than disrespecting someone who did serve and paid a terrible price for doing so.
You got that bass ackwards. The military academy was his high school. He then went on to college, and after that got the deferment or whatever they called it. The suggestion of your picture is he was playing basketball while claiming bone spurs. He may very well have developed bone spurs while playing basketball in HIGH SCHOOL. One doesn't need to get out of going to Vietnam while still in high school. College gives you a break too.

Personally, considering what McCain went through in Vietnam I wish Trump had never said what he did. But McCain had the chance to effectively shut down Obamacare and he let his anger with Trump cloud his judgment. Should've been the bigger man that day.

rickyb

greenwald, 1 of my heroes, not impressed:

Glenn Greenwald‏Verified account @ggreenwald 3h3 hours ago

Glenn Greenwald Retweeted Larry Sabato

"Everyone but the bitter and vicious" salute him. And maybe also the people in the many countries he bombed and wanted to bomb. And maybe also the many people in his own countries hurt by the horrible policies he helped enact. This mandated reverence is ugly and coercive.

Glenn Greenwald added,

Larry SabatoVerified account @LarrySabato
RIP John McCain. Everyone but the bitter and vicious salute you. You will always be remembered and appreciated.
61 replies 373 retweets 1,307 likes

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You got that bass ackwards. The military academy was his high school. He then went on to college, and after that got the deferment or whatever they called it. The suggestion of your picture is he was playing basketball while claiming bone spurs. He may very well have developed bone spurs while playing basketball in HIGH SCHOOL. One doesn't need to get out of going to Vietnam while still in high school. College gives you a break too.

Personally, considering what McCain went through in Vietnam I wish Trump had never said what he did. But McCain had the chance to effectively shut down Obamacare and he let his anger with Trump cloud his judgment. Should've been the bigger man that day.
Trump’s statement...by itself...rendered him unworthy to be Commander In Chief of our armed forces.
Imagine the meltdown that would have taken place on Fox News if Obama had made that statement when he was running against McCain.
But hey, the rules are different when you are black.

newfie

Looks like he deleted it. Impersonating a service member is pretty low.

This has been an interesting exercise one of many here. You folks wish to denigrate my service to my country while lecturing us here about doing the same for McCain. I have all the respect for the time McCain endured in Hanoi. It was no doubt brutal. I have never respected his time in Congress.

MAKAVELI

This has been an interesting exercise one of many here. You folks wish to denigrate my service to my country while lecturing us here about doing the same for McCain. I have all the respect for the time McCain endured in Hanoi. It was no doubt brutal. I have never respected his time in Congress.
You're full of :censored2:.

newfie

Trump’s statement...by itself...rendered him unworthy to be Commander In Chief of our armed forces.
Imagine the meltdown that would have taken place on Fox News if Obama had made that statement when he was running against McCain.
But hey, the rules are different when you are black.

Trump has more then shown his worth as CIC with his tremendous support of our military and our veterans.

rickyb

ur half right

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I dont need to be from that era to know that if you used a deferment to avoid going to Viet Nam, you dont denigrate the service of someone who spent 5 years there getting tortured as a POW.
Oh great ... another snowflake showed up!
Must be getting cold out there in Oregon.

BrownArmy

Trump has more then shown his worth as CIC with his tremendous support of our military and our veterans.

When his 'swamp' decided to cut the protections of vets from predatory lenders?

When Trump's 'swamp' did their level best to cut healthcare for vets?

What planet are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.