Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

oldngray

nowhere special
If it does go to trial it will be a repeat of Zimmerman. Political trial but weak case unlikely to convict. I doubt Wilson would ever plea bargain since a conviction is unlikely.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Then the 'out-of-towners need to leave.
In all fairness, I must point out that it was "out of towners" who played a key role in the freedom rides and sit-ins of the civil rights movement that finally ended segregation and Jim Crow laws in the South.

It is also worth mentioning that the overwhelming majority of protesters in Ferguson, regardless of where they come from, have been peaceful and law-abiding and it is the criminal actions of a few that make the rest look bad.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why not? You seem convinced that there will be violence no matter what.

There will be. I was just listening to MSNBC, and they were live and said the protesters were already "getting energized". We all know the decision that's coming, and we all know how the community is going to view that as unfair, and feel that they need to riot.

God bless the local police force there, be safe guys

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The only logical explanation that I can think of for the delay in announcing the verdict...is to allow time to prepare for any riots that may result from Wilson NOT being indicted.

Had the Grand Jury decided to indict him, it probably would have been announced already.

oldngray

nowhere special
I wonder if they will show a recent picture of Brown or continue to show the old little boy pictures?
Few of the pictures I have seen have Brown looking like this.
xbrown-wilson-575x324.jpg.pagespeed.ic.LiR4YE35TN.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Undoubtedly Wilson was all grown up. My point (which your ignored) was the pictures of Brown trying to portray him as a little boy - which he wasn't.
Pictures don't try to portray anyone as anything, they are what they are.
If you're talking about a media outlet repeatedly showing one image to subtly influence their viewers, I would agree, however most times I've seen coverage they have shown multiple pictures. I don't think the pictures being shown are really an important issue.

BrownArmy

Undoubtedly Wilson was all grown up. My point (which your ignored) was the pictures of Brown trying to portray him as a little boy - which he wasn't.

Yes, yes, of course.

The issue, if there is one, is would M. Brown have been shot dead by the cops if he had been a white dude?

Would he have been stopped for jay-walking if he had been a white dude?

If he had been white, he likely never would have been stopped, never would have gotten into whatever altercation happened, and certainly wouldn't have been shot dead.

In either case, I doubt they'll indict Wilson. If history is any guide, it's awfully hard and rarely happens that officers in these situations face charges.

Hopefully this will all go down peacefully.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, yes, of course.

The issue, if there is one, is would M. Brown have been shot dead by the cops if he had been a white dude?

Would he have been stopped for jay-walking if he had been a white dude?

If he had been white, he likely never would have been stopped, never would have gotten into whatever altercation happened, and certainly wouldn't have been shot dead.

In either case, I doubt they'll indict Wilson. If history is any guide, it's awfully hard and rarely happens that officers in these situations face charges.

Hopefully this will all go down peacefully.

Race was never an issue other than 70% of the population in Ferguson is black so it is more likely that a black man would be stopped. And a white man would have been stopped for doing exactly the same thing.