Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

oldngray

nowhere special
Does Ben Crump remind anyone else of Bubba in Forrest Gump?

crump2.jpg

BrownArmy

Please, point out what point I was wrong on. I'll wait...

For starters, you talk about 'justice'.

You believe that 'justice' was served, and by your measure it was.

Yet, if the framework that supports and defines 'justice' is itself distorted, than the outcome lacks meaning.

The people who are protesting (not the violent arsonist looter rioters, who IMO are idiots) are protesting the utter failure of our system which allows young black men to be shot down by cops with no repercussion.

(Around 400 death-by-cop shootings per year in America, with the overwhelming majority of victims being black, and 99% of said cops are 'cleared'? That sounds like UPS numbers...)

Garbage in, garbage out.

As far as the rioters are concerned, my guess is they don't live in Ferguson.

And if they do, I'll leave you with a quote:

"A riot is the language of the unheard." MLK

oldngray

nowhere special
For starters, you talk about 'justice'.

You believe that 'justice' was served, and by your measure it was.

Yet, if the framework that supports and defines 'justice' is itself distorted, than the outcome lacks meaning.

The people who are protesting (not the violent arsonist looter rioters, who IMO are idiots) are protesting the utter failure of our system which allows young black men to be shot down by cops with no repercussion.

(Around 400 death-by-cop shootings per year in America, with the overwhelming majority of victims being black, and 99% of said cops are 'cleared'? That sounds like UPS numbers...)

Garbage in, garbage out.

As far as the rioters are concerned, my guess is they don't live in Ferguson.

And if they do, I'll leave you with a quote:

"A riot is the language of the unheard." MLK

You need to correct that to say young black felon shot by cop while resisting arrest and assaulting the police officer.

BrownArmy

You need to correct that to say young black felon shot by cop while resisting arrest and assaulting the police officer.

In this particular case, quite possibly.

In other cases, not so much.

Flip it around, oldngray...Mike Brown is white and Wilson is Black.

What would be different?

(And for people who complain about the 'race card', this is obviously a conversation involving race; it doesn't help anyone or anything to pretend that it isn't...)

oldngray

nowhere special

What would be different?

(And for people who complain about the 'race card', this is obviously a conversation involving race; it doesn't help anyone or anything to pretend that it isn't...)

If Brown was white and Wilson was black it would be exactly the same situation. Race was not a factor. Even Holder and his DOJ had to admit it was not a civil rights case.

wayfair

swollen member

What would be different?

I don't care what color you are.... go punch a cop and grab his gun.... it's not a race issue