Gun control advocates in Ferguson MO

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Photo: Police officer and young demonstrator share hug during Ferguson rally in Portland - Oregon Live

(Photo: Johnny Nguyen)

As thousands gathered to make their voices heard during a rally earlier this week, one officer and a young man paused to hear each other out.
The officer is white and therefore automatically a racist bigot. What he is really doing.... is patting the young man down for weapons and drugs. Its a good thing people with cameras were nearby, or he probably would have gone ahead and beaten or even shot the poor guy just for being black. Because that's what all white cops do.

island1fox

You know what Island? The state (federal, state, and local) has put itself in a very tight box here. It's been simmering for years, blowing occasionally and until they get serious about addressing race comprehensively it will continue to erupt, every time more violently than the time before. This isn't about one kid shot by a cop. It's far bigger.

So no. I feel nothing for the state in this case.

bbsam,

Its far bigger !! Wow we can strongly agree.

Why are many extremely good Black men "targeted by Police"???----very clear ---13% of the population committing close to 75% of all crimes.

Black lives should matter to all -----Black On Black violence will kill THOUSANDS this year -- 40 % of all Abortions are Black Babies ----Why do people deny and hide from such staggering statistics--instead of what we always hear --LETS HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION ???

Black men must STAND UP and be a Father to the children they bring into the world. Children born to single moms--have very high dropout rates that lead to crimes and serious problems. I want the violence to stop--I want all the Black Deaths to stop ---not you --but some jerk on BC will claim I am the Racist.

These are the people that cannot face reality--therefore --Generation after Generation Black lives will be lost --the majority good people-- innocent victims --condemned by the "Hip Gang Culture " -of thugs.

Many BLACK celebrities will cry out about the one kid shot by a cop --but will remain silent on the thousands of Black on Black deaths in the Black Communities ---in truth that many of the Black Rappers ---Sing about , Celebrate and make PERSONAL profit from.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The officer did not know that before stopping the two men. The two were stopped because they were black. But I guess you missed that.
Wow. Did you just say the the 2 men were stopped because the were black?
Can you prove that?
If not, you need to retract that statement.

wkmac

The Zimmerman trial was another instance of political pressure getting in the way of the legal process.

Zimmerman was a negligent idiot. Had he been charged with the appropriate crime...like negligent homicide or 2nd degree manslaughter...he may very well have been convicted or chosen to plead out. But for political reasons the prosecution was forced to charge him with a crime that was not supported by the evidence and that they had no hope of proving beyond a reasonable doubt.

Well said and Zimmerman's subsequent actions have gone on to prove just what an idiot he is.

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,

Its far bigger !! Wow we can strongly agree.

Why are many extremely good Black men "targeted by Police"???----very clear ---13% of the population committing close to 75% of all crimes.

Black lives should matter to all -----Black On Black violence will kill THOUSANDS this year -- 40 % of all Abortions are Black Babies ----Why do people deny and hide from such staggering statistics--instead of what we always hear --LETS HAVE A REAL CONVERSATION ???

Black men must STAND UP and be a Father to the children they bring into the world. Children born to single moms--have very high dropout rates that lead to crimes and serious problems. I want the violence to stop--I want all the Black Deaths to stop ---not you --but some jerk on BC will claim I am the Racist.

These are the people that cannot face reality--therefore --Generation after Generation Black lives will be lost --the majority good people-- innocent victims --condemned by the "Hip Gang Culture " -of thugs.

Many BLACK celebrities will cry out about the one kid shot by a cop --but will remain silent on the thousands of Black on Black deaths in the Black Communities ---in truth that many of the Black Rappers ---Sing about , Celebrate and make PERSONAL profit from.
How about this. Let's say that 90% of what you say is true. What does the other side say that you can agree with? All you've done is repeat the same lines as you've always repeated. Do you deny institutionalized racism? Do you deny blacks are prosecuted more often and with harsher penalties than whits committing the same crimes? Do you deny that blacks are "stopped and frisked" for no reas on other than the color of their skin? Do you think I could safely drive across the southern states in a new BMW convertible wit out any law enforcement interference? Do you think illegal immigrants from Great Britain even think twice about being asked about their citizenship?

Spouting numbers is one thing. Digesting entire truth behind them quite another. There is a lot of work to be done on both sides.

MAKAVELI

Where was that mentioned ?

Ever heard about RAS ?

Stopping, to interact with a "known" person.. can satisfy RAS. Plus, observation.
Wow. Did you just say the the 2 men were stopped because the were black?
Can you prove that?
If not, you need to retract that statement.
The officer did not know who the young men were or their criminal history. This officer also has been pulled off the streets for too many incidents like this. Tell me what was the Reasonable Suspicion?

Here's the a- hole cop again, protecting and serving the people in the community.;)
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4151260

bbsam

Staff member
I will not deny that the legacy of institutionalized racism continues to this day. I will not deny the racial disparity in the Ferguson police department, or the fact that the legal system continues to prosecute and incarcerate young men of color at a rate far beyond the rate for whites. However....

None of these issues had anything to do with the guilt or innocence of Officer Wilson in the shooting of Michael Brown, and a murder trial against Wilson is not the appropriate venue to address these issues. A murder trial is about the guilt or innocence of one man, not an entire system or society. And it is wrong to prosecute someone for a crime when there is no hope of obtaining a conviction simply to make a political statement.
I hesitate to agree because entire framework of our trial system was subverted by a prosecutor with dubious motives. He got exactly the outcome he wanted...even if he dI'd have to help coach Wilson to get it.

wkmac

The technology to equip every cop on the street with body cameras and audio is now easily doable. I strongly advocate this because the communities who do so have seen a stark drop in events of police abuse and false claims against police officers.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The officer did not know who the young men were or their criminal history. This officer also has been pulled off the streets for too many incidents like this. Tell me what was the Reasonable Suspicion?

Here's the a- hole cop again, protecting and serving the people in the community.;)
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4151260
A couple of thugs in training. I would be keeping a close eye on those punks too if I was a cop in that city.
And I don't care what color their skin is, they are thugs.
You should stop defending punks like that. They SHOULD NOT HAVE THE B-BALL HOOP on that street, period.

bbsam

Staff member
A couple of thugs in training. I would be keeping a close eye on those punks too if I was a cop in that city.
You should stop defending punks like that. They SHOULD NOT HAVE THE B-BALL HOOP on that street, period.
He isn't defending thugs. He's defending citizens.

MAKAVELI

Playing sports helps to keep kids busy and out of trouble. But I wouldn't expect someone with such narrow minded views as yourself to understand that concept.