guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Diane FineSwine is the very definition of a hypocrite. She wants "Mr and Mrs America to turn 'em all in" while at the same time taking advantage of her political connections in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia to get a concealed handgun license for herself that is all but impossible for a mere citizen to obtain. Arrogant, hypocritical, elitist biotch!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
92 year old shoots and kills burglar I said, well that's far enough ... and that's when I shot him
(CINCINNATI) — Earl Jones, a 92-year-old farmer from Verona, Ky., shot and killed a burglar who broke into his home at 2 a.m.
“I said, hell no, there’s somebody in the basement,” said Jones, who was armed with a .22 caliber rifle.
Upon seeing the burglar, Jones said, “I said that’s far enough. He kicked the door off the hinges, and he was fully exposed. That’s when I shot him.”
The one shot left Lloyd “Adam” Maxwell, 24, dead after it hit the burglar in the chest.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Smith & Wesson soars as earnings beat Wall St. SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - Sales are so strong that Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. is aiming for bigger profits. Its shares jumped more than 19 percent in after-hours trading as the gun maker posted record quarterly earnings and said it expected more to come.Smith & Wesson expects earnings during the fiscal year ending next April in the range of 85 to 90 cents per share with revenue of $530 million to $540 million, or nearly one-third higher than the previous year. That would demolish analysts' forecasts of 57 cents per share including special items, and sales of $498.2 million, according to FactSet.

Necropostophiliac

Diane FineSwine is the very definition of a hypocrite. She wants "Mr and Mrs America to turn 'em all in" while at the same time taking advantage of her political connections in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia to get a concealed handgun license for herself that is all but impossible for a mere citizen to obtain. Arrogant, hypocritical, elitist biotch!

Tell us how you really feel about her.
Seriously I did not know she had a handgun or a permit. my my

menotyou

bella amicizia
img-cabelasLogoPopup.png

s7_632863_999_01

s7_632863_999_01

LOCK N' LOAD ALARM CLOCK Item: CGC-632863​
Finally, an alarm clock you can shoot. Normal mode requires one gunshot to enter snooze. Hard mode requires five gunshots to enter snooze. Doubles as a shooting game with two different game modes. Bright LCD screen. Record your favorite tunes as the sound of your alarm. Alarm clock requires four AA batteries and gun requires two AA batteries (batteries not included).

Necropostophiliac

img-cabelasLogoPopup.png

s7_632863_999_01

s7_632863_999_01

LOCK N' LOAD ALARM CLOCK

Item: CGC-632863
Finally, an alarm clock you can shoot. Normal mode requires one gunshot to enter snooze. Hard mode requires five gunshots to enter snooze. Doubles as a shooting game with two different game modes. Bright LCD screen. Record your favorite tunes as the sound of your alarm. Alarm clock requires four AA batteries and gun requires two AA batteries (batteries not included).

I would rather shoot it with this:
6920309a-6d34-4352-9a67-d34c81d35969.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Hey Scratch...is that a military weapon?

Nope, but its very close. My brother gave me this never been fired DPMS AR-15 recently, I finally got to shoot it today. I figured I would get one before they get banned again. This is a 1995 post ban model, it came with a wimpy 10 round magazine and no muzzle brake on the barrel. I put a lot of Mag-pul accessories on it. You can build your own AR for about $600 by buying a kit for $470 and purchasing a lower receiver from a gun shop for around $130. It takes about 45 minutes to put the springs and pins together.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hey Scratch...is that a military weapon?

Nope, but its very close. My brother gave me this never been fired DPMS AR-15 recently, I finally got to shoot it today. I figured I would get one before they get banned again. This is a 1995 post ban model, it came with a wimpy 10 round magazine and no muzzle brake on the barrel. I put a lot of Mag-pul accessories on it. You can build your own AR for about $600 by buying a kit for $470 and purchasing a lower receiver from a gun shop for around $130. It takes about 45 minutes to put the springs and pins together.

Can you run steel-cased ammo through it? I use Wolf steel- cased ammo in my AK 47, you can buy it in bulk for around $250 for a 1000 round case, but I have heard that AR 15 type rifles dont like the cheap stuff.

Can you run steel-cased ammo through it? I use Wolf steel- cased ammo in my AK 47, you can buy it in bulk for around $250 for a 1000 round case, but I have heard that AR 15 type rifles dont like the cheap stuff.

Typical gun owner. So violent prone you need 1000 rounds.

texan

The AR-15 like the M-16 is so carbon prone, one must make sure it is WELL lubricated first.
The bolt carrier must be more than well lubricated, it must be dripping wet.

The AR-15 must be cleaned more often.

Since it has been said steel casing is more carbon producing, one must be a cleaning freak.

It was the draw back of the M-15 and M16. Carbon build up.

I will not attempt to sound like a seasoned expert. Just spent 22 years with the M-16 in the Army
and now a M-15. I still use the more expensive ammo because old dogs are hard to train.

But I tried steel, and found cleaning more often and lubricating is a must.

Bottom line for the AR vs the AK Steel vs Brass, AR must be cleaned and lubed more
than an AK.

But I am soooo comfortable and confident with the AR, and the brass ammo, what do I do?

Old narrow minded dog. It is like Ford vs Chevy people. Brass vs Steel.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I use Federal brass, I had two miss-fires in the first 150 rounds. The rifle had never been fired before, and it quit cycling. Turned out two screws came loose on top of the bolt that held a piece on, resulting in loss of gas pressure. We tightened those and had no problem after that. My nephew had a different AR and he was using Wolf steel casings with no problem. I bought a 500 round case of Federal American Eagle 55 GR for $185, works out to $0.37 a shot. I also ordered a case of Federal Lake City 62 GR greentips from Cabelas a month ago for the same price, they are still back-ordered for a couple of weeks. Ammo is cheaper buying in quantity, I'm going to get stocked up on it. We also cleaned the cobwebs out of a Dan Wesson .357 revolver I have had for a long time.

Last edited: