guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Can you run steel-cased ammo through it? I use Wolf steel- cased ammo in my AK 47, you can buy it in bulk for around $250 for a 1000 round case, but I have heard that AR 15 type rifles dont like the cheap stuff.

The AR-15 like the M-16 is so carbon prone, one must make sure it is WELL lubricated first.
The bolt carrier must be more than well lubricated, it must be dripping wet.

The AR-15 must be cleaned more often.

Since it has been said steel casing is more carbon producing, one must be a cleaning freak.

It was the draw back of the M-15 and M16. Carbon build up.

I will not attempt to sound like a seasoned expert. Just spent 22 years with the M-16 in the Army
and now a M-15. I still use the more expensive ammo because old dogs are hard to train.

But I tried steel, and found cleaning more often and lubricating is a must.

Bottom line for the AR vs the AK Steel vs Brass, AR must be cleaned and lubed more
than an AK.

But I am soooo comfortable and confident with the AR, and the brass ammo, what do I do?

Old narrow minded dog. It is like Ford vs Chevy people. Brass vs Steel.

The AR-15/M-16 is lighter, far more accurate, far more refined, and has a longer effective range.

The AK-47/AKM is cheaper, cruder, more reliable under harsh conditions, it functions better with cheap/old/ dirty ammo, and within its range it has better terminal ballistics on deer- sized game.

I chose the AK as my SHTF gun simply because it was more affordable and allowed me to use the money I saved on other preps.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Typical gun owner. So violent prone you need 1000 rounds.

Jesus says "that rocks"!!!

39g6400777.gif
39g6400777.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
Duck Season here starts for our neighbor Oct 20th..........right now there is a pondful of ducks on the pond at the duck club
. Watch out for the guns little duckies.....

menotyou

bella amicizia
Duck Season here starts for our neighbor Oct 20th..........right now there is a pondful of ducks on the pond at the duck club
. Watch out for the guns little duckies.....
We had Goose season, already. they are trying to thin the herd of the ones who don't leave for the winter. I always wonder how can they tell? The ones leaving don't have luggage or a stamp on their forehead-next stop Florida. The one who live here know where to hide, I think.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Th ducks are plentiful and in plain view.....'til Oct. 20th ....then they scatter and it's harder to get your "limit". The professionals have a 'blind' to sit in and be miserable.....'errr, I mean enjoy their hunt!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Th ducks are plentiful and in plain view.....'til Oct. 20th ....then they scatter and it's harder to get your "limit". The professionals have a 'blind' to sit in and be miserable.....'errr, I mean enjoy their hunt!!
We have those blinds everywhere here. Huge hunting area, as it's mainly state land around me. They are shooting right now. It could be the geese or Black Powder for deer. The deer hide on my property this time of year. I don't let anyone hunt here. There is enough land for you to poach(too many of those yahoo's) your prey on.

klein

Für Meno :)

Yup, another 7 shot and injured and in hospital, most likely without health insurance because of thier job situation (being self employed and under contract).
That's how hair dressers work (rent a chair), or they get near minumim wages without bennies.

Those are the same people that are mostly against Obamacare. Mind you, I do have sympathy for them, because US health insurance is just to expensive to afford as a low paid self employee.

Oh well, like in many other cases - the hospital and health treatments won't be paid for, and the costs will be added to those that do have health insurance making the rates rise, again.

And these hair dressers and spa workers will probably declare bankruptcy, otherwise the hospital creditors will garnish their wages, put liens on their car or homes and of course they'll lose all of their credit worthyness.

Just hopefully , not one of them are hurt badly enough, that they can still go on, live and work a normal life.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yup, another 7 shot and injured and in hospital, most likely without health insurance because of thier job situation (being self employed and under contract).
That's how hair dressers work (rent a chair), or they get near minumim wages without bennies.

Those are the same people that are mostly against Obamacare. Mind you, I do have sympathy for them, because US health insurance is just to expensive to afford as a low paid self employee.

Oh well, like in many other cases - the hospital and health treatments won't be paid for, and the costs will be added to those that do have health insurance making the rates rise, again.

And these hair dressers and spa workers will probably declare bankruptcy, otherwise the hospital creditors will garnish their wages, put liens on their car or homes and of course they'll lose all of their credit worthyness.

Just hopefully , not one of them are hurt badly enough, that they can still go on, live and work a normal life.

The update was just on and they found the shooter dead inside the salon. Big savings to our prison and legal system!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bought a couple of 30 round Mag-pul magazines for my AR today. I paid $16.99 apiece for them, the price is going to double next week.