guns

klein

Für Meno :)
My point was that about the same time the terrible shootings happened in Newtown Ct. 22 kids and 1 adult were stabbed in a school in China by some looney who I'm sure didn't have any guns. Whats your point?

My point is : THAT NONE WERE KILLED !

moreluck

golden ticket member
My point is : THAT NONE WERE KILLED !
They could've been......and crazies will use a rock if that's all there is available.

Those 22 kids will be affected the rest of their lives from the event. No guns were involved.

Guns and other weapons are inanimate..........they need "an operator".

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why is everyone talking about banning rifles when none were used in the Ct incident ?
Two 9mm handguns, one made by Glock and the other by Sig Sauer, were legally obtained by a law biding citizen .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I noticed that many liberals have made death wishes against the NRA .
Just how do they want these murders to be accomplished .... with guns ?
Sounds kind of foolish to me, wishing for a weapon like a gun to justify their desires to end gun killings.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now let's get back to the first reports of the day ;
Who was in the camouflage pants and dark jacket that the police had handcuffed coming from the woods near the school ?
The assault rifle was found in a car trunk , did he use it in the front doors & place it back in the trunk before entering the school ?

By the way , Ct reworked their laws last spring , it no longer has a death sentence only life without parole .

rod

Retired 23 years
I think my daughter's gun training officer summed it up pretty good. She has just completed a 7 week citizens police training course in Texas and this is what her instructor told her class:

When you have a gun its like you have a new born. You have to do everything possible to keep that gun safe and by your side. If its not by your side then you need to know where it ALWAYS is and who has access to it. You need to know how to care for it and protect it. The difference between a newborn and a gun is that the gun will never grow up. YOU are responcible for it FOREVER. So if you own a gun or are planning on owning a gun make sure you are educated on it and are a responsible owner.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I find it ridiculous that RUSH LIMBAUGH would come onto the airwaves this morning and state that the difference between a "good gun and bad gun" is that a good gun hits its target and a bad gun misses.

What a :censored2:.

peace

TOS

island1fox

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Fair enough. Annual psyche exams for all gun owners.

Bbsam,

Annual psyche exams for all. People that own guns,people who own cars,people who eat fast food,people that own knives, people that have blunt instruments,people that sell hotdogs,people that eat hot dogs---- where do you stop?

300 million guns --how many deaths by legal, licensed gun owners???

Harsh penalty for having illegal gun possession will go a long way to solving some of the problems.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why is everyone talking about banning rifles when none were used in the Ct incident ?
Two 9mm handguns, one made by Glock and the other by Sig Sauer, were legally obtained by a law biding citizen .

What are you talking about?? THREE GUNS WERE FOUND WITH THE GUNMANS BODY...

""Authorities are also probing Lanza's history with firearms. The three weapons found near his dead body were the semiautomatic .223-caliber rifle made by Bushmaster and two handguns made by Glock and Sig Sauer. A shotgun was found in his car nearby, according to Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.
The weapons belonged to his mother, Nancy Lanza, who was found shot dead in her Newtown home Friday. She collected firearms, shot them and went to gun ranges, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives spokeswoman Debora Seifert said Monday.""

Does this help you out?

They found a shotgun in the car, not the bushmaster.

Get a grip.

Peace

TOS

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Fair enough. Annual psyche exams for all gun owners.

With that thought in mind, lets do a little 2nd Amendment "wheeling and dealing." What say you to this idea?

I've already taken the training class and criminal background and NCIS check with fingerprints (twice) to get my Oregon resident and Utah nonresident concealed carry permit, so I am now good to go in 35 states.

If, in addition to all that, I agreed to undergo an annual psych exam...would youagree that I should therefore be allowed to carry concealed in all 50states, plus be granted immunity from having to comply with "gun free" zones, plus have the right to own and use high-capacity magazines even in states where they are otherwise illegal?

bbsam

Staff member
With that thought in mind, lets do a little 2nd Amendment "wheeling and dealing." What say you to this idea?

I've already taken the training class and criminal background and NCIS check with fingerprints (twice) to get my Oregon resident and Utah nonresident concealed carry permit, so I am now good to go in 35 states.

If, in addition to all that, I agreed to undergo an annual psych exam...would youagree that I should therefore be allowed to carry concealed in all 50states, plus be granted immunity from having to comply with "gun free" zones, plus have the right to own and use high-capacity magazines even in states where they are otherwise illegal?
I would go for limited immunity in the "gun free" zone. In those zones, you cannot lose, forfeit, or render that weapon to anyone except authorized law enforcement. And extreme consequences attached to having that weapon fall into the wrong hands. As to the use of high capacity magazines, certainly as long as the availability of those weapons to the public is not the first thing a congress looking to do something eliminates their availability. In essence, you would become nearly an unpaid para-military member. And upon failure of any psych exam, forfeiture of any and all weapons until demonstration of competency is mandatory. I think such conditions are a workable outline.

bbsam

Staff member
Bbsam,

Annual psyche exams for all. People that own guns,people who own cars,people who eat fast food,people that own knives, people that have blunt instruments,people that sell hotdogs,people that eat hot dogs---- where do you stop?

300 million guns --how many deaths by legal, licensed gun owners???

Harsh penalty for having illegal gun possession will go a long way to solving some of the problems.
If you want to insist on the ridiculous, then fine. Psych exams for all. Of course the standards for owning a blunt instrument will be considerably lower than owning a Bushmaster.

bbsam

Staff member
I think my daughter's gun training officer summed it up pretty good. She has just completed a 7 week citizens police training course in Texas and this is what her instructor told her class:

When you have a gun its like you have a new born. You have to do everything possible to keep that gun safe and by your side. If its not by your side then you need to know where it ALWAYS is and who has access to it. You need to know how to care for it and protect it. The difference between a newborn and a gun is that the gun will never grow up. YOU are responcible for it FOREVER. So if you own a gun or are planning on owning a gun make sure you are educated on it and are a responsible owner.

This is exactly the mindset that I think we need to foster as a BEGINNING point for people owning guns.

brett636

If you want to insist on the ridiculous, then fine. Psych exams for all. Of course the standards for owning a blunt instrument will be considerably lower than owning a Bushmaster.

I think anyone who uses a box cutter should have an annual psyche exam. A few men with those deadly weapons managed to kill some 3000 people. Box cutter control is what this country needs!