guns

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
fatalities3.png

anonymous4

A Harvard study found zero correlation worldwide between gun laws and reduced violent crime. Why? Because guns are an outlet of violence amongst many outlets. People strap bombs to their person as another outlet of violence. It is a species problem, not a problem of the tools we use to quench the need for violence.

It is impossible to watch the media right now. Most entering the gun debate with the anti-gun stance cannot tell you what an assault rifle is in comparison to a semi-automatic. They also can't seem to move their minds away from the looks of the weapon over its function. Why is it that individuals are comfortable forming their entire opinion around false knowledge and then trying to argue?

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.

island1fox

Sober,

I believe that you are in Oregon. I read a report that a licensed gun owner --pulled his weapon during the mall shooting and pointed it at the shooter.

He did not pull the trigger for fear of hitting people behind the shooter. When the shooter saw the gun pointed at him --He committed suicide.

Why has this not been reported by all the major news sources??

It sounds like the brave armed citizen actually saved many lives !!!

DS

Fenderbender
National Rifle Association of America is made up of four million moms and dads, sons and daughters – and we were shocked, saddened and heartbroken by the news of the horrific and senseless murders in Newtown.
With approximately 400 million guns available in the USA
4 million moms and dads,and sons and daughters
cannot stop the bloodshed.

Out of respect for the families, and as a matter of common decency, we have given time for mourning, prayer and a full investigation of the facts before commenting.

The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.
HOW?
The NRA is planning to hold a major news conference in the Washington, DC area on Friday, December 21.
I'm sorry but after a week thinking about this,I think something must be done.
Gun registry would be a good place to start,with amnesty for illegal weapons.
Pay people to bring in old guns to be melted down and turned into whatever.
I can't handle little kids getting shot.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do not know what should be done or where to start.
I just know that while I sit here in my nice safe place, wondering if I got everybody enough for Christmas, I cannot imagine the pain of the parents and grandparents who are burying their children, instead of seeing those beautiful faces, those precious giggles, those starry eyes waiting for Santa. Instead they are at funerals, grieving, unimaginable pain, Im so sad.