guns

over9five

Staff member
because I am not afraid. Risk is what it is. If you think long and hard about it, I bet you could be afraid of anything. Your turn. Why is your country not worth dying for.
Because we can live anywhere. I am a MAN, and my first duty is to protect my family. You are saying you would be happy to see your wife and kids dead tomorrow. Why? So you can proudly say they died for some ideal?
If I lived in FEAR like you guys, as a MAN it would be my duty to get my family somewhere safe. For me, FAMILY comes before anything else. Country is just a piece of ground, and I think you could find another country that better fits your beliefs. Australia, GB, Canada...
I could respect a man who took care of his family by getting them out of harms way.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
You align yourself pretty much in lockstep with the likes of TOS and Diane Feinstein when it comes to guns. More regulation will lead to eventual confiscation which I don't doubt you have no problem with. Its time to focus on the real issues here and that is identifying psychopaths before they can harm anyone. The tools they use to harm others are simply not relevant because if one tool isn't available they will simply find another.

I think a psychopath has been identified. Please give these folks a call: Welcome to ICCMHC | Indiana Council of Community Mental Health Centers, Inc.

klein

Für Meno :)
If I was living in FEAR (like you and TOS), fearing that my family was 100 times more likely to be murdered HERE in the USA than elsewhere, I would move them to a country that I felt was safer.
Why do you say it is better for your wife and kids to DIE, than simply move. That's insane.

You basically already live in fear on a daily basis.
Most of Americans lock their homes while being inside of it, even their vehicles while driving.
And in public tons of money is spent on security, such as armed security officers in banks, major security at sporting events, including metal detectors, we don't even hav security guards at any of our 2 UPS centers here.

Now you want to ad security guards to every school, whats next ? Grocery chains (oh yeah, I think you hAVE those already).

In the near future the USA could look like a warzone with armed security everywhere you go ! Plus having armed block watchers, too.

It's your country, but slowly destroying it.

bbsam

Staff member
Really over, you have said that my forefathers were not real men because they chose to stay in this country rather than be intimidated into moving back to Africa and settling in Liberia. And all Klein did was point out factual stats. I didn't read that or anything I said as being afraid.

over9five

Staff member
Really over, you have said that my forefathers were not real men because they chose to stay in this country rather than be intimidated into moving back to Africa and settling in Liberia. And all Klein did was point out factual stats. I didn't read that or anything I said as being afraid.
I don't recall mentioning anyones forefathers. Either way, those were different times and different circumstances, hardly comparable. Back then they may not have had the money to move, the knowledge of where to move, etc. You are a businessman with money and knowledge, it would be very easy for you to move internationally.
As I said, this all started by me responding to Klein who seemed genuinely fearful of the US. I believed he said we were 100 times more likely to die by gun violence. You seemed to agree with him.

over9five

Staff member
Read the history of Liberia.
I read what Klein posted. Didn't seem afraid to me. Simply facts.
You mentioned Somalia. If your forefathers had lived in conditions like that and chose to move their families to safety, would they not be real men? I say they would be.
Would you have stayed in Somalia and sacrificed your wife and kids for your country?

I only say that because someone else (Tos maybe) mentioned that the US was turning into Somalia.

You basically already live in fear on a daily basis.
Most of Americans lock their homes while being inside of it, even their vehicles while driving.
And in public tons of money is spent on security, such as armed security officers in banks, major security at sporting events, including metal detectors, we don't even hav security guards at any of our 2 UPS centers here.

Now you want to ad security guards to every school, whats next ? Grocery chains (oh yeah, I think you hAVE those already).

In the near future the USA could look like a warzone with armed security everywhere you go ! Plus having armed block watchers, too.

It's your country, but slowly destroying it.

If I lived next to you, in Canada, I'd still lock my doors.

This country is a "utopia" up until the people with guns decided to ruin that "utopia" with gun violence. Somehow , you suggest that this is YOUR country and not a country of others.

Well, i got news for you, its OUR country, and we have the FREEDOMS to take away your guns if they are abused.

Peace

TOS

It's OUR country but unlike us who are willing to respect others choices you want to take away someones constitutional right based on your interpretation of abuse. That's not FREEDOMS, that's DICTATORSHIP Comrade TOS.

bbsam

Staff member
You mentioned Somalia. If your forefathers had lived in conditions like that and chose to move their families to safety, would they not be real men? I say they would be.
Would you have stayed in Somalia and sacrificed your wife and kids for your country?

I only say that because someone else (Tos maybe) mentioned that the US was turning into Somalia.
I think we are near common ground. Both staying and leaving could be honorable decisions. Both could be fearful cowardly decisions. Could not a man in Somalia fight and die to bring liberty and stability to his country? If not, what the hell were our nations founders thinking? We could have just moved on. Why is Texas ours? Mexico wanted it. We could have just moved out.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It's OUR country but unlike us who are willing to respect others choices you want to take away someones constitutional right based on your interpretation of abuse. That's not FREEDOMS, that's DICTATORSHIP Comrade TOS.

Maybe you MISSED the term and preamble of the second amendment...

"A WELL REGULATED MILITIA".

Or, maybe you dont understand what that means.

Peace

TOS

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Heres a question. You want to create a central registry of sorts to control access to guns, and to create numerous requirements for mental evaluations etc as a condition of gun ownership. Ok...since alcohol is a direct causitive factor in far more deaths and domestic violence than firearms, would you support the same level of government control and intrusion into your personal life over the purchase of a bottle of wine or a 6 pack of beer?

YES. I dont drink and hate alcohol and those that need it to feel secure with themselves.

Peace

TOS

So in your opinion, anyone who wants to buy a 6 pack of beer should be required to undergo a background check, get a mental health evaluation, apply for a permit to purchase alcohol, register all alcohol with a government agency, and then have some sort of safe or locking cabinet to store it on?

I dont drink and I have every reason to hate alcohol as much or more than you do. However...what I would hate even more than that is the idea of an overbearing nanny-state government that seeks to control every detail of our personal lives.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So in your opinion, anyone who wants to buy a 6 pack of beer should be required to undergo a background check, get a mental health evaluation, apply for a permit to purchase alcohol, register all alcohol with a government agency, and then have some sort of safe or locking cabinet to store it on?

I dont drink and I have every reason to hate alcohol as much or more than you do. However...what I would hate even more than that is the idea of an overbearing nanny-state government that seeks to control every detail of our personal lives.

The goverment wouldnt have to consider taking control over a persons life if alcohol hadnt brought the goverment into their lives in the first place with an alcohol related crash or arrest.

Clearly, alcohol has been the death of peoples lives for centuries. Alcohol was given to the indians on reservations to keep them docile, liquored up and controllable.

People who drink constantly have had their lives TAKEN over by the alcohol industry with the creation of its brews, and people will spend every last dime on a drink and THAT my friend is control.

Better sort out what kind of control you will relinquish your life to.

Peace

TOS

Peace

TOS

If you're going to quote it, quote it completely:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Key word being "Not"

Or how about you're understanding of these words,

Regulate: a: to govern or direct according to rule
b (1): to bring under the control of law or constituted authority

Ban: to prohibit especially by legal means

You say Regulate but you want Ban. Maybe you don't understand what that means?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Peace

TOS

Or.... You want to leave out "the right of the people" .... not the right of the militia.

Maybe, you don't understand what that means.

dmqwsn.jpg

The same school attended by the presidents daughters.

Paid for by the American people. Including you.

bbsam

Staff member
If you're going to quote it, quote it completely:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Key word being "Not"

Or how about you're understanding of these words,

Regulate: a: to govern or direct according to rule
b (1): to bring under the control of law or constituted authority

Ban: to prohibit especially by legal means

You say Regulate but you want Ban. Maybe you don't understand what that means?
since you qoted it, please tell me where it is written that you and I can be in posession of any and all weapons we personally deem appropriate.