guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
Remember the map with all the gun owners that was printed by some N.Y. newspaper ??
Turns out it was only the "handgun" owners.
So, here's my question......

A burglar picks a house to rob thinking there's no gun there. The homeowner has a shotgun and shoots the burglar and wounds him. Can the burglar then sue the newspaper for not including this home in their expose of gun owners???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A "dry county" only prohibits the sale of alcohol.
It does not prohibit the ownership or possession of alcohol.
I grew up in a dry county (Decatur County, Georgia) but bought alcohol regularly in adjoining counties.

When I was stationed in Texas the county (Lubbock County) was dry; however, the adjacent county was "wet". There was a road just outside of the county called The Strip where you could buy all the alcohol that you like. I am not a big drinker but do enjoy a beer with dinner.

When I was stationed in Texas the county (Lubbock County) was dry; however, the adjacent county was "wet". There was a road just outside of the county called The Strip where you could buy all the alcohol that you like. I am not a big drinker but do enjoy a beer with dinner.

I have relatives in Huntland Tn which happens to be in the same county as the Jack Daniels distillery, ironically it's a dry county.

moreluck

golden ticket member
B.U.G.,

All the Bad guys got their hands on the liquor.

An underground economy grew and crime, death and corruption reached high levels.

It did not work at all !!
You only need to watch a few Elliot Ness-type movies to see what it was like. Even the TV show, "The Roaring Twenties" covered some of it.......starred Dorothy Provine as Pinky Pinkham.

over9five

Staff member
I was reading somewhere about one of those moonbat California politicians writing up a bill for a nationwide gun buyback program. This would be modeled after Australia's program which paid $200 for a firearm, but here it would be raised to $500. This would get 500 million firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.
$500 times 500 million. Where would the money come from? The article didn't say.

I was reading somewhere about one of those moonbat California politicians writing up a bill for a nationwide gun buyback program. This would be modeled after Australia's program which paid $200 for a firearm, but here it would be raised to $500. This would get 500 million firearms out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.
$500 times 500 million. Where would the money come from? The article didn't say.

Chicago just did that but all they gave out was gift cards.

You'd think a politician word have access to a calculator.