guns

wkmac

that's ok. They were being sold half price in garage sales soon after.

That's OK, I actually have the skill sets to build my own anyway. Now I've learned how to build my own photovoltaic cells and LED lights. Both are not hard at all.

As the saying goes, a country boy will survive!

upsgrunt

That's OK, I actually have the skill sets to build my own anyway. Now I've learned how to build my own photovoltaic cells and LED lights. Both are not hard at all.

As the saying goes, a country boy will survive!

This is, by no means, a jab at you, but rather at myself.
Your posts make me feel stupid and inadequate at times despite my college degree.
It is a combination of the words, the language, and the context- but I get everything else!:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think I will buy a scary black gun at the gun show next weekend.
Any suggestions as to make/model?

Do what I did...I sold my AK for a huge profit and moved up in quality to a stainless Ruger Mini 30. Much nicer gun, more accurate, better trigger, easier to put a scope on, more refined. It doesnt have a pistol grip or a bayonet lug, and it has a nice wooden stock which is really my preference anyway. Instead of those big, bulky, ugly 30 round AK mags I have for it one 10 and two 20 round mags, they dont stick so far out of the bottom so its easier to shoot off of a bench rest. Its a nice "big brother" to my Ruger 10/22. It pretty much has all the firepower of an AK and uses the same cheap bulk ammo, but in a much nicer looking package.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I sold my AK for a huge profit and moved up in quality to a stainless Ruger Mini 30. Much nicer gun, more accurate, better trigger, easier to put a scope on, more refined. It doesnt have a pistol grip or a bayonet lug, and it has a nice wooden stock which is really my preference anyway.

Thats, what is funny....

You take a Mini 30, with a flush fitting 5 round magazine and the factory wood stock.... and it looks like any other hunting rifle.

Take the same rifle, drop it into an after market stock that has a pistol grip.... add a flash hider.... insert a 20 round magazine....

Now all of the sudden, it become an "assault" rifle. Based on appearance alone. And even though it's still the same rifle.

Put them side by side, and the average person will identify "one" as an assault rifle.... every time.

260sfpk.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by over9five
I think I will buy a scary black gun at the gun show next weekend.
Any suggestions as to make/model?" (over)

Will Obama and Biden have that as one of their "campaign stops" to curb gun violence??

oldngray

nowhere special
Thats, what is funny....

You take a Mini 30, with a flush fitting 5 round magazine and the factory wood stock.... and it looks like any other hunting rifle.

Take the same rifle, drop it into an after market stock that has a pistol grip.... add a flash hider.... insert a 20 round magazine....

Now all of the sudden, it become an "assault" rifle. Based on appearance alone. And even though it's still the same rifle.

Put them side by side, and the average person will identify "one" as an assault rifle.... every time.

260sfpk.jpg

No surprises there. Almost none of media even know the difference between a clip and a magazine anyway. :knockedout:

over9five

Staff member
Do what I did...I sold my AK for a huge profit and moved up in quality to a stainless Ruger Mini 30. Much nicer gun, more accurate, better trigger, easier to put a scope on, more refined. It doesnt have a pistol grip or a bayonet lug, and it has a nice wooden stock which is really my preference anyway. Instead of those big, bulky, ugly 30 round AK mags I have for it one 10 and two 20 round mags, they dont stick so far out of the bottom so its easier to shoot off of a bench rest. Its a nice "big brother" to my Ruger 10/22. It pretty much has all the firepower of an AK and uses the same cheap bulk ammo, but in a much nicer looking package.
Good advice.
Remember tho, I'm in The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. It is much easier for me to shop because I don't have to worry about 30 round mags (illegal), bayonet lug (illegal), flash suppressor (illegal).

I had been thinking of the Ruger 10/22, but I'll be looking at a few things. After asking around tho, I'm pretty confident that no-one at the gun show will actually have anything....

bbsam

Staff member
Thats, what is funny....

260sfpk.jpg

So why do you care if they ban the top one if you can buy the bottom one and it's the same thing? Seems like you want to fight just to fight. Why not just let them think they won?

brett636

So why do you care if they ban the top one if you can buy the bottom one and it's the same thing? Seems like you want to fight just to fight. Why not just let them think they won?

Creeping incremental-ism is why. Once "they" have won and banned the top firearm, they will began campaigning on getting the 2nd, less scary looking, firearm banned as well. Its a never ending campaign of subverting the the 2nd amendment to the point that it has no meaning other than historical value. The fact that people like minded to yourself would stand upon the dead bodies of children to push forth a political agenda that would not have saved them disgusts me, and it disturbs me more that you seem perfectly ok with it.

island1fox

bbsam,

I thought you were a big supporter of real solutions to gun violence instead of this "feel good" nonsense that is spewed by all the Politicians.

As I started another thread that deals with real solutions --while we may not agree too often --many of your posts leads me to believe that you are a person who is a good and caring father to your children.:peaceful: