guns

texan

It hasn't gotten extreme
Attorney: Girl, 5, in trouble for chatting about shooting bubble gun

MOUNT CARMEL - Talking with a friend about a pink toy bubble gun got a five-year-old kindergarten girl in
the Mount Carmel Area School District labeled as a terrorist threat, according to an attorney.

The incident occurred Jan. 10 while the girl was waiting in line for a school bus, said Robin Ficker, the
Maryland lawyer retained by the girl's family.

He would not identify the girl or her parents, but gave this version of events:
Talking with a friend, the girl said something to the effect “I’m going to shoot you and I will shoot myself” in
reference to the device that shoots out bubbles.

The girl did not have the bubble gun with her and has never shot a real gun in her life, Ficker said.

She was suspended for 10 days.
Attorney: Girl, 5, in trouble for chatting about shooting bubble gun | PennLive.com

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Millions of children murdered by doctors every year, and the Idiot in Chief wants to go after gun owners.
I think his priorities are screwed up.

OK---let's ban abortion---do you think that our already overburdened social services (welfare) and healthcare systems would be handle all of these "unwanted" children? Of course, this would depend upon your definition of a child. Does life begin at conception or at birth?

bbsam

Staff member
OK---let's ban abortion---do you think that our already overburdened social services (welfare) and healthcare systems would be handle all of these "unwanted" children? Of course, this would depend upon your definition of a child. Does life begin at conception or at birth?
Oh, we could do it. Don't kid yourself. We are a very wealthy nation and if we wanted to, we could have a real "nanny state". Might have to scrap some real cool weapons systems though.

bbsam

Staff member
I am really surprised at you, Wk. I don't know who this guy is, but his logic (if it can be called that) is lacking as far as I can tell. The premise is that gun control = disarming the public. We've had gun control for decades and the populace is not disarmed. Even with the ban on assault weapons, I still remember my best friend getting a cheap $200 Chinese made AK-47 right before the ban took place and nobody came to take it away. And we're in Illinois where he had to register to own it so it isn't like they didn't know he had one. So what am I missing?

bbsam

Staff member
I totally agree they are going too far. I do not want the door open either, but then I dont have that many skeletons and dont have any mentally ill ones. That does not mean yes come in to my private life. But that is what they want to do, they want to know what everyone has and where they keep it.
These are tragic, awful happenings, I never thought it would be a good idea to take on guns. I never thought they would.
It is an over reach, it is not right. But if they are going to over reach, and least reach where the problem is. The problem is not with the guns, but with the people who use them for these horrific crimes, so basically we agree.

Yes. Basically we do agree. Now I just think we need to move to a more pro-active strategy. Build a healthy mental state rather than track an unhealthy one. Mandatory service in military or Peace Corp could be a great start. It's going to be a very, very expensive strategy which is why I have always thought the NRA's "video games and mental health" simplification so absurd. We can't as a nation view poor mental health as simply a measure to deny certain rights. Poor mental health is a condition we have an obligation to address not only for the individual but for society as well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Video Shows Democratic Attempt To Hide Their List Of Proposals Attacking 2nd Amendment-Confiscation, Release of Permit Holder Names, Database Of All Guns[/h]

Republican NY State Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin released the above video showing an attempt by his Democratic opponents in the Assembly to keep a list of their gun control proposals secret, once they had decided on the bill passed in NY this past week.

The list shows how far they are willing to go, even onto confiscation of some guns, as well as continuing the demonization of legitimate law-abiding gun owners.

Here is McLaughlin’s Facebook post with the list that the Democrats were trying to supress:
Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.
This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:
1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
2. Confiscation of ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
11. State issued pistol permits
12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons

over9five

Staff member
<sigh> I was just showing the hypocrisy of enacting a ton of legislation against people who had nothing to do with the deaths of 26 children, when you could be saving thousands of children every year.

Of course doctors are respected, and black guns are scary....

brett636

I am really surprised at you, Wk. I don't know who this guy is, but his logic (if it can be called that) is lacking as far as I can tell. The premise is that gun control = disarming the public. We've had gun control for decades and the populace is not disarmed. Even with the ban on assault weapons, I still remember my best friend getting a cheap $200 Chinese made AK-47 right before the ban took place and nobody came to take it away. And we're in Illinois where he had to register to own it so it isn't like they didn't know he had one. So what am I missing?

As I have already stated for you numerous times, each time another level of gun control is enacted you are simply one step closer to confiscation. If we allow these knee jerk reaction politicians to get their way each time a tragedy like Sandy Hook occurs the law abiding gun owners rights are only so many mass tragedies away from being ended altogether. The picture wkmac posted pointed out the irony that gun control doesn't rid the world of guns, but that it adjusts who owns them. Once the public can no longer protect itself only the government will have the guns, and as history has shown that's when the real tragedy begins.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
:happy-very:

osubz4.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gun Violence is Not a Republican Problem, It’s a Democratic Problem

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.
Those are the crowded cities of Obamerica. Those are the places with the most restrictive gun control laws and the highest crime rates. And many of them have been run by Democrats and their political machines for almost as long as they have been broken.
Obama won every major city in the election, except for Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. And the higher the death rate, the bigger his victory.
Mayors of Obamerican cities blame guns because it’s easier than blaming people and now the President of Obamerica has turned to the same shameless tactic. The NRA counters that people kill people, but that’s exactly why Obamerican leaders would rather talk about the guns.
Chicago, the capital of Obamerica, is a city run by gangs and politicians. It has 68,000 gang members, four times the number of police officers. Chicago politicians solicit the support of gang members in their campaigns, accepting laundered contributions from them, hiring their members and tipping them off about upcoming police raids. And their biggest favor to the gang bosses is doing nothing about the epidemic of gang violence.
80% of Chicago’s murders are gang-related.

This is what Obamerica looks like. It’s a place where life is cheap and illegal guns are as available as illegal drugs. It’s the war that we aren’t talking about, because it’s easier to talk about the inanimate objects being used to fight that war.
There are, as John Edwards said, two Americas. America is a country that runs pretty well. And then there’s Obamerica. Not all of Obamerica is broken, but a lot of it is. America does not have a gun violence problem. Obamerica does. And Obamerica has a gun violence problem for the same reason that it has a drug problem and a broken family problem.

island1fox

67% of firearm murders took place in the country’s 50 largest metro areas. The 62 cities in those metro areas have a firearm murder rate of 9.7, more than twice the national average. Among teenagers the firearm murder rate is 14.6 or almost three times the national average.
Those are the crowded cities of Obamerica. Those are the places with the most restrictive gun control laws and the highest crime rates. And many of them have been run by Democrats and their political machines for almost as long as they have been broken.
Obama won every major city in the election, except for Jacksonville and Salt Lake City. And the higher the death rate, the bigger his victory.
Mayors of Obamerican cities blame guns because it’s easier than blaming people and now the President of Obamerica has turned to the same shameless tactic. The NRA counters that people kill people, but that’s exactly why Obamerican leaders would rather talk about the guns.
Chicago, the capital of Obamerica, is a city run by gangs and politicians. It has 68,000 gang members, four times the number of police officers. Chicago politicians solicit the support of gang members in their campaigns, accepting laundered contributions from them, hiring their members and tipping them off about upcoming police raids. And their biggest favor to the gang bosses is doing nothing about the epidemic of gang violence.
80% of Chicago’s murders are gang-related.

This is what Obamerica looks like. It’s a place where life is cheap and illegal guns are as available as illegal drugs. It’s the war that we aren’t talking about, because it’s easier to talk about the inanimate objects being used to fight that war.
There are, as John Edwards said, two Americas. America is a country that runs pretty well. And then there’s Obamerica. Not all of Obamerica is broken, but a lot of it is. America does not have a gun violence problem. Obamerica does. And Obamerica has a gun violence problem for the same reason that it has a drug problem and a broken family problem.

Baba G,

That was very COURAGEOUS of you !!!