guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its official, California has gone into full :censored2: mode with gun control. I would suggest that someone who is a law abiding gun owner in that state consider moving to a free state where they won't be persecuted for the actions of the law breaking element of our society.

I agree. If all gun owners in california would just move out to another state, then you all could just shoot each other!

Sounds like a win win for california!

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is exactly why MENTAL EVALUATIONS need to be conducted on everyone who owns a gun every three years like they do in Israel.

Take a read of this NUT JOBS MANIFESTO
Uncensored Manifesto from Retired LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner | Davey D's Hip Hop Corner

And he wonders why he was dismissed from the LAPD?

My brother heads the THREAT ASSESTMENT UNIT for LAPD and they are going to find this NUT and end his miserable life.

MY take however, is that he will go the route of all the other cowards with guns and kill himself before he gets caught.

He may take a life or two before hand, but in the end, a coward will always end up pointing their guns in their own mouths.

Peace

TOS

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is exactly why MENTAL EVALUATIONS need to be conducted on everyone who owns a gun every three years like they do in Israel.

Take a read of this NUT JOBS MANIFESTO
Uncensored Manifesto from Retired LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner | Davey D's Hip Hop Corner

And he wonders why he was dismissed from the LAPD?

My brother heads the THREAT ASSESTMENT UNIT for LAPD and they are going to find this NUT and end his miserable life.

MY take however, is that he will go the route of all the other cowards with guns and kill himself before he gets caught.

He may take a life or two before hand, but in the end, a coward will always end up pointing their guns in their own mouths.

Peace

TOS
Jeffrey Dunn is your brother?

moreluck

golden ticket member
And the need to wall themselves in.
There are gates you know.........see through, black metal, Spanish style gates. No guards. You can follow anyone in you like.
I had my mental exam as a junior in high school. So I'm done and was found competant. So, I understand it when Sheldon says "I'm not crazy, my mom had me tested."

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
18ywib.jpg

UPS Lifer

Its official, California has gone into full :censored2: mode with gun control. I would suggest that someone who is a law abiding gun owner in that state consider moving to a free state where they won't be persecuted for the actions of the law breaking element of our society.

I already did!

All my relatives live there unfortunately. Of course they did not vote for those nut jobs and I feel bad for some of the other posters that live in SoCal. How many more taxes and crazy laws can the good people of CA endure without a backlash of some sort. 3 million have already moved out of that state.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Off topic, but I was impressed with the pros who went and got that kinapped kid outta the bunker. Should have done it days earlier tho

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]New 3-D Printed Rifle Magazine Lets You Fire Hundreds of Rounds[/h]Meet the “Cuomo.” It’s a new printed magazine for your AR-15 rifle, soon to be available for download, and it holds 30 bullets. Upgrading an earlier design that didn’t hold up particularly well after extended use .
In recent tests at a gun range near Austin, Texas, Defense Distributed fired a total of 342 rounds using the magazine with no issues, according to the group’s founder, Cody Wilson. The group fired 227 of those rounds using full automatic fire, while swapping out the barrels on the rifle to keep them cool.
Defense Distributed also plans to produce a 40-round magazine for AK-47-type rifles.

New 3-D Printed Rifle Magazine Lets You Fire Hundreds of Rounds | Danger Room | Wired.com

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Off topic, but I was impressed with the pros who went and got that kinapped kid outta the bunker. Should have done it days earlier tho

From what I have read, they had to toss a flash-bang grenade in there to stun the guy before they went in and capped him. The problem with using one of those in such a tiny bunker is that the overpressure can cause ruptured eardrums and permanent hearing loss for any innocent bystanders. Im betting that poor kid winds up with serious hearing imparment to go along with the PTSD he will undoubtedly suffer from later in life. Think about it, he was on a school bus and watched while some psycho murdered the driver, then he got kidnapped and spent a week in a 4x8 underground closet with that psycho, then one day a grenade suddenly went off and he got to watch that psycho get blown away with rifle fire right in front of him. Probably wound up getting splattered with guts, brains, blood etc. Poor kid.

soberups

New 3-D Printed Rifle Magazine Lets You Fire Hundreds of Rounds

Meet the “Cuomo.” It’s a new printed magazine for your AR-15 rifle, soon to be available for download, and it holds 30 bullets. Upgrading an earlier design that didn’t hold up particularly well after extended use .
In recent tests at a gun range near Austin, Texas, Defense Distributed fired a total of 342 rounds using the magazine with no issues, according to the group’s founder, Cody Wilson. The group fired 227 of those rounds using full automatic fire, while swapping out the barrels on the rifle to keep them cool.
Defense Distributed also plans to produce a 40-round magazine for AK-47-type rifles.

New 3-D Printed Rifle Magazine Lets You Fire Hundreds of Rounds | Danger Room | Wired.com

California has had a ban on the manufacture, sale or import of high-capacity magazines for years.

Problem is, it doesnt apply to magazines that you posessed prior to the ban. Those are "grandfathered" in.

Since mags dont have serial numbers, it is impossible to determine when they were made. So if you live in CA and want to "convert" your legal 10 round limit mags into high-capacity ones, all you have to do is order a "magazine rebuild kit" which is basically nothing more than a spring and a plastic or sheet-metal follower. The magazine can be disassembled and "rebuilt" into a high-cap version in about 3 minutes, using nothing more than a pair of pliers.

The bottom line is this; a magazine is nothing more than a stamped sheet-metal or plastic box with a spring and a follower in it. If criminals want high-capacity mags, they will obtain them on the black market or make them using basic replacement parts. If you can screw in a lightbulb, you can disassemble and reassemble a magazine. Any legal limits on magazine capacity will only be obeyed by law-abiding citizens, and will be easily ignored or bypassed by criminals who dont obey laws in the first place. Bans on hi-cap mags are nothing more than feel-good laws that serve no purpose other than to provide a false sense of security to ignorant people who dont know or understand anything about guns in the first place.

over9five

Staff member
California has had a ban on the manufacture, sale or import of high-capacity magazines for years.

Problem is, it doesnt apply to magazines that you posessed prior to the ban. Those are "grandfathered" in.

Since mags dont have serial numbers, it is impossible to determine when they were made. So if you live in CA and want to "convert" your legal 10 round limit mags into high-capacity ones, all you have to do is order a "magazine rebuild kit" which is basically nothing more than a spring and a plastic or sheet-metal follower. The magazine can be disassembled and "rebuilt" into a high-cap version in about 3 minutes, using nothing more than a pair of pliers.

The bottom line is this; a magazine is nothing more than a stamped sheet-metal or plastic box with a spring and a follower in it. If criminals want high-capacity mags, they will obtain them on the black market or make them using basic replacement parts. If you can screw in a lightbulb, you can disassemble and reassemble a magazine. Any legal limits on magazine capacity will only be obeyed by law-abiding citizens, and will be easily ignored or bypassed by criminals who dont obey laws in the first place. Bans on hi-cap mags are nothing more than feel-good laws that serve no purpose other than to provide a false sense of security to ignorant people who dont know or understand anything about guns in the first place.

<sigh> and there's so GD many of them.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
From what I have read, they had to toss a flash-bang grenade in there to stun the guy before they went in and capped him. The problem with using one of those in such a tiny bunker is that the overpressure can cause ruptured eardrums and permanent hearing loss for any innocent bystanders. Im betting that poor kid winds up with serious hearing imparment to go along with the PTSD he will undoubtedly suffer from later in life. Think about it, he was on a school bus and watched while some psycho murdered the driver, then he got kidnapped and spent a week in a 4x8 underground closet with that psycho, then one day a grenade suddenly went off and he got to watch that psycho get blown away with rifle fire right in front of him. Probably wound up getting splattered with guts, brains, blood etc. Poor kid.
Yup, feel sorry for the kid. Hopefully with good parents and counsel if needed he will understand he is a lucky one. I just think leaving him in there for 7 days was probably far more harmful than the blast he ended up with at the end. I was thinking, gas it, but if he had asthma etc, it may have killed him. Im just saying 7 days of terror, 24/7 with a madman, had to do far more damage than the blast.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My understanding is that the kid was mildly autistic as well, so now he has to deal with everything he went through in addition to that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And if everyone who legally owns guns in Big Bear, gives up their guns that they have for protection from loonies like this, he will suddenly surrender.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There are gates you know.........see through, black metal, Spanish style gates. No guards. You can follow anyone in you like.
I had my mental exam as a junior in high school. So I'm done and was found competant. So, I understand it when Sheldon says "I'm not crazy, my mom had me tested."
Im not crazy, I had myself tested.

soberups

I have given serious consideration to becoming a school bus driver once I am eligible to retire from UPS in 4 yrs. Easy on the body, summers off, a nice way to supplement a pension, and with my work and driving record they would hire me in a heartbeat.

I can tell you this; if I am driving the bus and some armed lunatic gets in and demands that I hand over the children, hes going to be exiting that bus with about 15 more holes in his body than he had in it when he jumped on board. And if I am still alive when its all over with, I will probably get fired for violating the bus companys "no weapons" policy. And that will be just fine with me.