guns

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
1zqynph.jpg

Gun Companies Boycotting Law Enforcement In Anti-Gun States Grow By More Than 700% In 1 Week : Freedom Outpost

Barrett refused to service the rifles law enforcement had in Cali after they passed the 50 cal ban. He has been at it for a while, not just recently :proud:He has something better now anyways.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know, AK's may be legendary for reliability in extreme abuse, but it seems if you don't have full auto you would be just as well off with the SKS in normal use. I've seen guys rocking the triggers on them till the handguard was smoking and they didn't miss a beat.

AK's have the advantage of detatchable mags and the ability to properly mount a scope.

SKS's are more affordable, they are easier to fire from a prone or bench rest postion (no huge mag sticking out of the bottom) and they are regarded and being somewhat more accurate.

Once you have emptied your available mags, the AK is little more than a club until you have completed the time-consuming process of reloading those mags. The SKS, on the other hand, can be quickly reloaded using stripper clips or by loading rounds singly. Over a prolonged period, the SKS can maintain a higher sustained rate of fire.

I have owned both, but now I have a Ruger Mini Thirty which is pretty much a refined version of the AK with a much better trigger and better scope mounting system.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
AK's have the advantage of detatchable mags and the ability to properly mount a scope.

SKS's are more affordable, they are easier to fire from a prone or bench rest postion (no huge mag sticking out of the bottom) and they are regarded and being somewhat more accurate.

Once you have emptied your available mags, the AK is little more than a club until you have completed the time-consuming process of reloading those mags. The SKS, on the other hand, can be quickly reloaded using stripper clips or by loading rounds singly. Over a prolonged period, the SKS can maintain a higher sustained rate of fire.

I have owned both, but now I have a Ruger Mini Thirty which is pretty much a refined version of the AK with a much better trigger and better scope mounting system.

I love using stripper clips at ranges where I can use them. Last one I visited allowed only 1 at a time if you had a semiauto. A buck wandered out onto the range on break and we had to chase it off!! I know Magtech makes some detachable ones for the SKS, but they don't work so great according to someone I know who has some. Have you seen the Chinese 20 rounder? Now that is awkward! Now I gotta have that Mini 30! Darnyou! Any thoughts on the Makarov? I use one for most of my concealed carry when I'm out and about.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Barrett refused to service the rifles law enforcement had in Cali after they passed the 50 cal ban. He has been at it for a while, not just recently :proud:He has something better now anyways.

It kind of "begs the question"....

Why would Cali law enforcement.... feel the need.... for a weapon of war.... :wink2:

Last time I checked.... they don't encounter too many armored vehicles.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It kind of "begs the question"....

Why would Cali law enforcement.... feel the need.... for a weapon of war.... :wink2:

Last time I checked.... they don't encounter too many armored vehicles.

The .50 can also be used as a extreme long range sniper rifle. I could see a SWAT team needing one for a hostage rescue scenario, if they needed to "reach out and touch someone" from 700+ yards away.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via The Blaze:
One suspect is dead after a quick-thinking 21-year-old man sprang into action and grabbed his father’s gun to fend off three armed intruders and protect his parents in Texas.

The Houston-area young man and his parents were at home baking a cake Thursday night when there was a knock on the door, KHOU-TV reported.

“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father, who didn’t want to show his face or give his name on camera, told KHOU. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”

With the father down, the suspects went after the mother, telling her to get on the ground. She ran to her bedroom, where her son was already grabbing the gun from under the bed.
“I just hear a couple of times, boom, boom, boom,” the father said.

The son opened fire and struck one of the suspects, who died in one of the back bedrooms. The other two fled the scene, but deputies responding to the call picked up two men matching their description and took them in for questioning.

The entire attack lasted less than a minute, the family said. No charges are expected to be filed against the son, but they’re not taking any joy in the outcome.

“One young life is lost,” the father said.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Via The Blaze:
One suspect is dead after a quick-thinking 21-year-old man sprang into action and grabbed his father’s gun to fend off three armed intruders and protect his parents in Texas.

The Houston-area young man and his parents were at home baking a cake Thursday night when there was a knock on the door, KHOU-TV reported.

“I see a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit,” the father, who didn’t want to show his face or give his name on camera, told KHOU. “These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground.”

With the father down, the suspects went after the mother, telling her to get on the ground. She ran to her bedroom, where her son was already grabbing the gun from under the bed.
“I just hear a couple of times, boom, boom, boom,” the father said.

The son opened fire and struck one of the suspects, who died in one of the back bedrooms. The other two fled the scene, but deputies responding to the call picked up two men matching their description and took them in for questioning.

The entire attack lasted less than a minute, the family said. No charges are expected to be filed against the son, but they’re not taking any joy in the outcome.

“One young life is lost,” the father said.

The very next day in texas....

HPD: 4-year-old boy dies after shooting himself | khou.com Houston

Three days later in texas....

Deputy fatally shoots rifle-toting man in parents’ backyard | khou.com Houston

Still, tragic events still outnumber "good" events 2 to 1 with relation to guns.

Peace

TOS

island1fox

Not yet..........

Not yet is right. :happy-very:

Have been here before with the libs.

Respect gays --let them out of the closet --CHECK
No discrimination toward gays---CHECK
Equal work opportunities for Gays --Check
Equal housing opportunities for Gays --Check
Equal hospital visiting rights for Gays --CHECK
Equal Pension and Welfare for Gays --CHECK
Legal Civil Unions for Gays --Check
Vote for everything except Marriage --CHECK

Now that EVERYTHING is the same - And you have made compromises--we want everything-The sacred union between a MAN and Woman for Procreation -----Must be bestowed upon Gays.

Gayrriage is not good enough !!!

Care to make the same list:

Ban a few types of guns --Check
Ban large capacity mags --Check
Make a national registry who has guns --Check

and on
and on etc!!!:sad-little:

First few steps are always correct for most ---it is the final blow that people fear.

Make the same list as far as Taxes --first the Rich --Check

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Given bhos' track record , he is already preparing for such a day .
He has given speeches declaring one thing & then gone out & done the complete opposite .