guns

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
It was Mark Kelly's daughter, and I agree, why have a breed like this? Or any attack dog?

I've been attacked 2.5 times by a loose 'American' bull dog, AKA 'pit bull'.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It was Mark Kelly's daughter, and I agree, why have a breed like this? Or any attack dog?

I've been attacked 2.5 times by a loose 'American' bull dog, AKA 'pit bull'.

I worry about Chows and German Shepherds a lot more than pitbulls. There are currently 4 pitbulls that run loose on my route and every one of them is a lick-o-matic.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If gun restrictions dont work ( according to you ), why then does Israel not have mass shootings by gun owners? Why dont they average 32000 people killed by handguns each year? Why dont they have school shootings? Why dont they have gun owners killing their employers? Why dont they have road rage incidents involving handguns? The list goes on and on, and yet, you say, gun restrictions dont work?

I dont get it?

Isnt the reality, that gun laws dont work in the USA because GUN owners are violent people?

No matter what the laws are today in this country, 32000 people are still killed every year with guns. With the majority of gun deaths being Domestic violence incidents, this demonstrates that "LEGAL" gun owners cause the most deaths in this country because they have the guns in the first place.

If we adopted Israels gun laws and PRISON sentences, we could cut our deaths to miniscule numbers. In Israel, if you are found to possess an assault weapon, a long rifle, a machine gun or shotgun, the minimum sentence is 10 years in prison.

If you use a banned weapon in a crime, and the sentencing is much harsher. We dont have ANY laws that match this kind of deterent.

If we had laws on the books that said that in the event the LAW caught you with that AK47 you have, you would face a minimum 10 years in state prison, believe me, you wouldnt obsess over it.

The NRA and the gun freaks of this country continue to "escalate" the "fear" of the situations that might occur in the home. Armed "Intruders", as if an army were going to attack an occupied home. They exaggerate the potential events to justify having assault rifles that resemble military weapons even though a simple German Shepard would do the same job to deter "intruders".

Gun freaks dont want more laws, they need to fullfill their desire to be addicted to guns. Its more of a man card check than it is protection.

Something about persons who hoard guns demonstrates a lack of self confidence.

Peace

TOS

You forgot about their pre-flight screening methods , which work rather well.
So why doesn't our gov't use it instead of those min-wage TSA jerks ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Think I'm gonna be sick. What is the appeal of these breeds?

Pit bulls are actually very good and loving dogs if raised properly. I had one for almost 15 years.

The best analogy I can think of...is that owning a pitbull is like owning a '67 Camaro with a blown 454 that makes 500 horsepower. I personally dont see the appeal in owning something that only gets 4 MPG and is capable of going 3x the legal speed limit...but the reality is that regardless of the performance level the car itself is as safe as the person operating it.

UPS Lifer

So sad. No empathy at all. Do you really think mushrooms growing in the snow would have so easy?

It's access to guns that is the problem. Guns are easy, especially when there is an unlocked one in the home.

The problem I have with the left is that they want to impose their views on the rest of us. If you don't like guns, keep them out of YOUR home. Teach YOUR kids YOUR view. Don't look to impose YOUR will on the rest of society.

I don't need others to police me or my family. I won't tell you that you must own a gun don't tell the rest of us to live by the rules you feel are right and just.

Bottom line... I respect your point of view. Please don't force your point of view on the rest of us.

UPS Lifer

Pit bulls are actually very good and loving dogs if raised properly. I had one for almost 15 years.

The best analogy I can think of...is that owning a pitbull is like owning a '67 Camaro with a blown 454 that makes 500 horsepower. I personally dont see the appeal in owning something that only gets 4 MPG and is capable of going 3x the legal speed limit...but the reality is that regardless of the performance level the car itself is as safe as the person operating it.

It all boils down to personal responsibility.

I wouldn't own a pit-bull or a doberman. They scare me (just like some are frightened by guns!). HOWEVER, I would never tell you that you should not own one. I would also NEVER look down upon you because you love your pit bull. Why do they (pit bulls) scare me? Probably because of all the horror stories I have heard or seen on TV. Not the best reason. I would probably be real tentative and very careful. If I had to be around one, I would seek out education on how to handle myself around the pit bull for my safety. I would also observe the person who was the handler (owner) to see how responsible they were with the pit bull. I would ALWAYS not take any situation for granted!

On a side note. I had a '69 396 Camaro (425hp).... I LOVE fast cars. ... Only time my parents scolded me - I put 340 gallons of gas ($85) in the car in one month. That is a house payment now-a-days! YIKES!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It all boils down to personal responsibility.

I wouldn't own a pit-bull or a doberman. They scare me (just like some are frightened by guns!). HOWEVER, I would never tell you that you should not own one. I would also NEVER look down upon you because you love your pit bull. Why do they (pit bulls) scare me? Probably because of all the horror stories I have heard or seen on TV. Not the best reason. I would probably be real tentative and very careful. If I had to be around one, I would seek out education on how to handle myself around the pit bull for my safety. I would also observe the person who was the handler (owner) to see how responsible they were with the pit bull. I would ALWAYS not take any situation for granted!

On a side note. I had a '69 396 Camaro (425hp).... I LOVE fast cars. ... Only time my parents scolded me - I put 340 gallons of gas ($85) in the car in one month. That is a house payment now-a-days! YIKES!
My Dobermans, (well I only have one now as of last Saturday), (sigh) would totally change your mind. But I cant post a pic. You have never known a more loving dog, I guarantee it. My grandkids, though they shouldn't when little could sit on them, get in their food dish, step on them, ride them, pull their tales and poke their eyes. Not a growl or anything close. I used to feel the same way til one adopted me in 1999. I had just been attacked by a rot.dalmation mix, and was terrified of large dogs, never had been before. This one came out of nowhere and adopted me, followed me in the house, didn't see her sneak in, bout crapped. She never left, until she passed away. Will never have anything else. The one I have now is a white doby, and the most gentle dog, you could ever know.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
On a side note. I had a '69 396 Camaro (425hp).... I LOVE fast cars. ... Only time my parents scolded me - I put 340 gallons of gas ($85) in the car in one month. That is a house payment now-a-days! YIKES![/QUOTE]

How did you have any time to drive it?