guns

over9five

Staff member
Still haven't shot my new M&P 15-22....
Have one 375 rd box of .22 that they gave me with it, and a couple 50 rd boxes because I have another .22 rifle.
I'd like to hit a WalMart, no time today tho...

Brown stains

Up here in Connecticut we have
To have a ammo permit ...to but shells even though I have a hunting license ... A long gun permit just to buy a shotgun ..were before October
All I need was a hunting license to purchase a firearm ..ct new laws suk

Brown stains

I understand why the law is in...
But what good will the law do when
All you kneed to do is go to New York or mass and buy as much as you want (ammoe)...how's that keeping it out of criminal hands ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Tell that to the 26 people who lost their lives at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Do you really think Adam Lanza would have dropped by the police station to register his guns and ammo prior to walking in to Sandy Hook and committing mass murder?

For that matter, lets pretend for a moment that all of the new laws had been in place prior to the Sandy Hook massacre. Lets pretend that Lanza's mother had obtained all the necessary permits and licenses for her guns and ammo. Lets pretend that all of her guns had 10 round magazines instead of 20's or 30's. What difference would any of that have made to the final outcome of the massacre? The bottom line is that Lanza had a premeditated intent to commit mass murder and there was no one in the Sandy Hook "gun free zone" that had the means to stop him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2urmtj9.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Pretty clever if it actually works. I'm guessing they'll mostly try and market the non-lethal version.

Advanced Ballistics Concepts has designed a bullet that immediately expands once it exits the tip of a rifled barrel that it plans to display in Las Vegas next week at the 2014 SHOT Show.

Called the Mi-Bullet, the round acts somewhat like a multi-pellet buckshot, but the separate fragments of the round are connected and will expand to a pre-determined diameter after the bullet is fired. The Mi-Bullet expands to a diameter of 14 inches when fired from handguns and 24 inches from shotguns.
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/new-bulle...four-connected-parts-to-1496153895/@jesusdiaz

soberups

Pretty clever if it actually works. I'm guessing they'll mostly try and market the non-lethal version.

Advanced Ballistics Concepts has designed a bullet that immediately expands once it exits the tip of a rifled barrel that it plans to display in Las Vegas next week at the 2014 SHOT Show.

Called the Mi-Bullet, the round acts somewhat like a multi-pellet buckshot, but the separate fragments of the round are connected and will expand to a pre-determined diameter after the bullet is fired. The Mi-Bullet expands to a diameter of 14 inches when fired from handguns and 24 inches from shotguns.
http://sploid.gizmodo.com/new-bulle...four-connected-parts-to-1496153895/@jesusdiaz

Looks like a high-tech version of a "bolo" shotgun round, which has been around for awhile and is little more than a gimmick. Penetration of this round will be extremely poor; the total mass of the projectile is being divided into thirds while at the same time the total surface area is being multiplied by thirds. To put it another way...if I were to throw a 1 lb. rock at you as hard as I could from a distance of 10 feet, it would hurt you pretty badly when it hit. But, if I threw 1 lb of sand at you from the same distance...it wouldnt hurt you at all.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Looks like a high-tech version of a "bolo" shotgun round, which has been around for awhile and is little more than a gimmick. Penetration of this round will be extremely poor; the total mass of the projectile is being divided into thirds while at the same time the total surface area is being multiplied by thirds. To put it another way...if I were to throw a 1 lb. rock at you as hard as I could from a distance of 10 feet, it would hurt you pretty badly when it hit. But, if I threw 1 lb of sand at you from the same distance...it wouldnt hurt you at all.
Ya I was thinking something along those lines. The penetration would definitely suffer, that's why I'm guessing they'll probably market the non lethal version most.

It is strange that with all the technological advances we've had, the bullet has remained relatively unchanged for so long. It's fun to at least see people keep trying to innovate.

Ouch

In my opinion keeping your kids away from firearms instead of educating them about firearms is a mistake. What happens if they visit a family members house or afriends house where their are firearms present? Educate you kids on firearms. Explain to your kids how to respect a firearm.

soberups

In my opinion keeping your kids away from firearms instead of educating them about firearms is a mistake. What happens if they visit a family members house or afriends house where their are firearms present? Educate you kids on firearms. Explain to your kids how to respect a firearm.

I find it hilarious that many of the liberals who advocate teaching sex education in the schools because "ignorance never kept anyone safe" would have an absolute hissy fit if we used the same logic to justify teaching GUN education in our schools too.