guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The fact remains that they were unarmed and had no means of resistance when the Gestapo came to round them up. Passive, non-violent resistance of the type advocated by Ghandi and MLK doesn't work against an oppressor who is perfectly willing to line your people up against a wall and machine-gun you for refusing to obey.
That didnt quite as often as you and the NRA would have us think. Like I have stated over and over and over the vast majority of those killed by the Nazi's weren't German Citizens. Germany WANTED an armed civilian populace and with the Landwehr and Landsturm ALL men were given Military training until the age of 45. This included keeping a military issued Mauser K98 at home

Of the 11 million people killed during the Holocaust, six million were Polish citizens. Three million were Polish Jews and another three million were Polish Christians and Catholics. Most of the remaining mortal victims were from other countries including Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Ukraine, Russia, Holland, France and even Germany.

http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/non-jewishvictims.htm

bbsam

Staff member
The fact remains that they were unarmed and had no means of resistance when the Gestapo came to round them up. Passive, non-violent resistance of the type advocated by Ghandi and MLK doesn't work against an oppressor who is perfectly willing to line your people up against a wall and machine-gun you for refusing to obey.
Eventually it does work or Christianity would have died an obscure and small sect of Judaism.

bbsam

Staff member
Ironically enough, one of the biggest reasons that Hitler was never able to develop an atomic bomb was because most of the pre-eminent nuclear scientists of that era were Jewish and wound up working for us instead. Paybacks are a bitch.
Paybacks are a bitch. i bet a lot of white South Africans feared that when Mandela was sworn in as president. Amazing what happened next.

Rainman

Its all good.
<sigh>
Why should they? The Swedes were willing to trade freely with Germany, offered no great strategic improvement to Germany should they be occupied, and had a military that was of no threat to any of its neighbors.

Contrast this with Russia which had a highly aggressive and expansionist military and political system. Occupation of their territory was Germany's PRIMARY goal in WWII. Also, Stalin, while willing at times to trade vital materials with Germany was extremely unreliable and would have cut off trade when he thought it would best leverage the Soviet position.

Only nations that posed a threat to Germany, one way or the other, were attacked by the Germans. Despite popular mythology to the contrary, Germany was not on a rampage to take over the world in WWII. They were interested in improving their national security and sought to do this via military means.
Yeah......Right.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

brett636

Thinking of picking this up as a home defense shotgun. Anyone have any experience with the keltec ksg?

b_ad06f8357508a9b2087e460442307fb1DSC03535.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Just out of curiosity, what features does this weapon have that you prefer it over another?
Another advantage would be that the dual magazines can be loaded with different types of shells, which is a legitimate safety feature for a responsible gun owner who is concerned about overpenetration. One magazine can be loaded with birdshot, which is far less lethal but also far less able to penetrate drywall and endanger a neighbor or loved one on the other side. The other magazine can be loaded with buckshot, which is what you need if your target is a 250 psycho on meth and you need to cut him in half. Of course....those who know nothing about guns will simply want to ban it outright because it is black and scary looking. Maybe if they painted it white....?

soberups

Capacity mainly. That model can hold 14+1 rounds using the two loading tubes you see under the barrel.
Ridicule the gun all you want, or hate it just because it is black. The fact remains that, in terms of function and lethality it is little different from, say, a Winchester M97 shotgun dating from the year 1897. Both guns fire a standard 12 gauge shotgun shell, both guns are pump action and both guns are equally lethal and effective for their intended purpose. The only real difference between the two is capacity and the materials used in manufacture.

bbsam

Staff member
Another advantage would be that the dual magazines can be loaded with different types of shells, which is a legitimate safety feature for a responsible gun owner who is concerned about overpenetration. One magazine can be loaded with birdshot, which is far less lethal but also far less able to penetrate drywall and endanger a neighbor or loved one on the other side. The other magazine can be loaded with buckshot, which is what you need if your target is a 250 psycho on meth and you need to cut him in half. Of course....those who know nothing about guns will simply want to ban it outright because it is black and scary looking. Maybe if they painted it white....?
Actually I thought it looked like a Star Wars Storm Trooper blaster. I don't know if it's looks are functional or designed with balance or specific ballistic characteristics in mind. Doesn't really matter. Curiosity.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Ridicule the gun all you want, or hate it just because it is black. The fact remains that, in terms of function and lethality it is little different from, say, a Winchester M97 shotgun dating from the year 1897. Both guns fire a standard 12 gauge shotgun shell, both guns are pump action and both guns are equally lethal and effective for their intended purpose. The only real difference between the two is capacity and the materials used in manufacture.
I was ridiculing the fact that a 12 gauge gun that holds 15 shells is being touted as a "home defense" weapon. My dear friend if you unload 15 shots from a 12 gauge in your home you wont HAVE a home afterwards.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually I thought it looked like a Star Wars Storm Trooper blaster. I don't know if it's looks are functional or designed with balance or specific ballistic characteristics in mind. Doesn't really matter. Curiosity.

Star Wars used a modified broomhandle Mauser. Hardly futuristic.
han_solo_c96_mauser_broomhandle_pistol.jpg

soberups

It is a "bullpup" design which makes it more compact and easy to maneuver in tight spaces while maintaining the same barrel length. The stock is also of an adjustable length which allows people of different body sizes to use it effectively. The picatinny rail on top allows a variety of different sights or lights to be attached to it according to user preference. The polymer grip and stock are superior to wood in terms of maintaining grip and resisting moisture and damage. It looks scary and futuristic and military, but the 12-gauge rounds that it fires are 120 year-old technology and would be fully interchangeable and useable (and every bit as lethal) in a shotgun manufactured back in the late 1800's.

bbsam

Staff member
It is a "bullpup" design which makes it more compact and easy to maneuver in tight spaces while maintaining the same barrel length. The stock is also of an adjustable length which allows people of different body sizes to use it effectively. The picatinny rail on top allows a variety of different sights or lights to be attached to it according to user preference. The polymer grip and stock are superior to wood in terms of maintaining grip and resisting moisture and damage. It looks scary and futuristic and military, but the 12-gauge rounds that it fires are 120 year-old technology and would be fully interchangeable and useable (and every bit as lethal) in a shotgun manufactured back in the late 1800's.
Sorry. I don't find it scary looking.

oldngray

nowhere special

I have never been a fan of bullpups. They all have lousy triggers due to the long linkage required.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I find it ludicrous, that anybody would "think" they would have to fire that many rounds in their own homes for any reason.

If anyone finds themselves in an area where they would need that many shots to stop an intrusion or by the sounds of it, an invasion, then simply move.

TOS.