guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The majority of mass shootings in this country are committed by white men. Of those, most of them have previous military experience. Of those same men, most had several guns in their possession. Of those same men, most had mental issues or history's of drug and alcohol abuse.

The large "Collection" of guns and accessories only fueled thier fires.

As we see today, the mass shootings are getting more brazen, more powerful and are including IED's , armor an assault rifles.

Unfortunately, "WHITE" gun owners dont want to acknowledge these facts.

Its alot easier to ignore them and pretend it isnt a problem.

Just for once, Id like to hear one of you gun owners come out on the side of the general public and say that NOT ALL people should be able to own guns.

TOS.

brett636

The majority of mass shootings in this country are committed by white men. Of those, most of them have previous military experience. Of those same men, most had several guns in their possession. Of those same men, most had mental issues or history's of drug and alcohol abuse.

The large "Collection" of guns and accessories only fueled thier fires.

As we see today, the mass shootings are getting more brazen, more powerful and are including IED's , armor an assault rifles.

Unfortunately, "WHITE" gun owners dont want to acknowledge these facts.

Its alot easier to ignore them and pretend it isnt a problem.

Just for once, Id like to hear one of you gun owners come out on the side of the general public and say that NOT ALL people should be able to own guns.

TOS.

How'd we go from accidental discharges to mass shootings? Kind of an apples to oranges comparison is it not?

I'm not sure where the skin color really plays into this with the one exception being your very poor attempt at race baiting. Anywho, I see you are playing loose with the facts as you typically do because a lot of these mass shootings from Columbine to Gabriel Gifford, Aurora, and Newtown none of these shooters had prior military service, but all had some level of mental instability and or mental illness. This country does fall short in the mental illness treatment department which could have helped prevent some of these tragedies, and perhaps you yourself could benefit from to address your need for constant negative attention. I can't see why inanimate objects get the blame for what some mentally unstable people end up doing with them as there are a plethora of different ways for them to carry out their dirty deeds if they are so motivated. Also, I don't know of anyone who says everyone is qualified to own a firearm as our laws clearly state they are not, but again lets not allow your ramblings be confused by the facts. If this country could just get a better system for dealing with mental health problems and have liberalism treated as the mental illness that it is this country as whole would be much better off.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This country falling short in the mental illness dept. is evident from posters on the internet. Seems like 2 out of 3 are whackos. The next to post is the wackiest of all !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How'd we go from accidental discharges to mass shootings? Kind of an apples to oranges comparison is it not?

I'm not sure where the skin color really plays into this with the one exception being your very poor attempt at race baiting. Anywho, I see you are playing loose with the facts as you typically do because a lot of these mass shootings from Columbine to Gabriel Gifford, Aurora, and Newtown none of these shooters had prior military service, but all had some level of mental instability and or mental illness. This country does fall short in the mental illness treatment department which could have helped prevent some of these tragedies, and perhaps you yourself could benefit from to address your need for constant negative attention. I can't see why inanimate objects get the blame for what some mentally unstable people end up doing with them as there are a plethora of different ways for them to carry out their dirty deeds if they are so motivated. Also, I don't know of anyone who says everyone is qualified to own a firearm as our laws clearly state they are not, but again lets not allow your ramblings be confused by the facts. If this country could just get a better system for dealing with mental health problems and have liberalism treated as the mental illness that it is this country as whole would be much better off.

I dont care what the "laws" say about gun ownership, what I asked, was to hear ONE of you say "not all people should be able to own guns"..

Pretty simple stuff, but heck, you keep living in a world of denial as the bodies pile up.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This country falling short in the mental illness dept. is evident from posters on the internet. Seems like 2 out of 3 are whackos. The next to post is the wackiest of all !!

This coming from a person who is up at 430am and the first to post any irrelevant post on this board.

Calling others "wackos" when you take that crown and hold it firmly is laughable at best.

TOS.

rod

Retired 23 years
There are laws on the books that do limit gun ownership. Unfortunately the thugs ignore them. If it will make you happy I will say it----Not all white, black, red, yellow or in-between shades should own guns.

MAKAVELI

There are laws on the books that do limit gun ownership. Unfortunately the thugs ignore them. If it will make you happy I will say it----Not all white, black, red, yellow or in-between shades should own guns.
Then how would you determine who should not own guns?

BrownArmy

I'll ask again, for the gun owners...

What do you see as realistic soliutions to what I'm sure you'll all agree is a problem that we're facing as a nation?

I've asked this question several times in this thread, and the only responses I've gotten have been variations on, "we can't take away our gun rights".

OK, solid copy on that.

I'll be the first to agree that most proposed limits on guns either miss the mark completely, are irrational, or wouldn't solve the problem (eg. criminals, by definition, aren't going to obey the law, etc.).

So what then?

I would think that responsible citizen gun owners would be first in line offering constructive and plausible solutions.

Anyone?

bbsam

Staff member

What do you see as realistic soliutions to what I'm sure you'll all agree is a problem that we're facing as a nation?

I've asked this question several times in this thread, and the only responses I've gotten have been variations on, "we can't take away our gun rights".

OK, solid copy on that.

I'll be the first to agree that most proposed limits on guns either miss the mark completely, are irrational, or wouldn't solve the problem (eg. criminals, by definition, aren't going to obey the law, etc.).

So what then?

I would think that responsible citizen gun owners would be first in line offering constructive and plausible solutions.

Anyone?
You aren't the first to ask. Still waiting for answers. Sober usually has well thought out answers but usually predicated on making his conceal/carry permit nationwide.

oldngray

nowhere special

OK, solid copy on that.

So what then?

Anyone?

What problem are we facing as a nation? Gun violence has actually decreased while ownership has increased. The media tries to sensationalize tragedies that do occur but the real problems with guns are mostly gang related so more gun laws wouldn't help and would probably harm by only targeting the responsible law abiding gun owners.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...nt-Crime-Decreased-As-Gun-Purchases-Increased

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
raygun.jpg

bbsam

Staff member

BrownArmy

What problem are we facing as a nation? Gun violence has actually decreased while ownership has increased. The media tries to sensationalize tragedies that do occur but the real problems with guns are mostly gang related so more gun laws wouldn't help and would probably harm by only targeting the responsible law abiding gun owners.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...nt-Crime-Decreased-As-Gun-Purchases-Increased

Gotcha, no problem with gun violence in America.

Next?

wayfair

swollen member

OK, solid copy on that.

So what then?

Anyone?

If you're legally able to own a gun you should be able to.

You can buy/build a 1000 hp hot rod/drag racing car, no special licenses/registrations for that...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If you're legally able to own a gun you should be able to.

You can buy/build a 1000 hp hot rod/drag racing car, no special licenses/registrations for that...
the drag racing car isnt designed solely to kill things either. That's not a very good comparassion