guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Guns aren't solely designed to kill either. No people are killed with guns in shooting competitions or Olympics (except by terrorists who tend to break the laws).

wayfair

swollen member
The only gun enthusiasts I know that kill are hunters. Others collect just like people who collect comics, coins, hot wheels, kids, etc

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'll ask again, for the gun owners...

What do you see as realistic soliutions to what I'm sure you'll all agree is a problem that we're facing as a nation?
.........Anyone?

How about having mandatory sentencing for criminals that commit crimes with guns. Leave them where they belong and quit letting some liberal judge slap a light sentence on them so they get out on the street to repeat their behavior? We already have laws in place to deal with the problem, its an enforcement issue.

bbsam

Staff member
How about having mandatory sentencing for criminals that commit crimes with guns. Leave them where they belong and quit letting some liberal judge slap a light sentence on them so they get out on the street to repeat their behavior? We already have laws in place to deal with the problem, its an enforcement issue.
generally speaking, mandatory sentencing is stupid and a knee-jerk reaction that doesn't solve the pro lem and cost literally hundreds of billions of dollars. But then again, gun violence isn't a problem to many around here. Just liberal media hype.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The county I live in doesn't play around in its court system, the judges throw the book at hardcore criminals. Last year, a 19 year old that shot a gun into the air while robbing a store got three 30 year sentences with no parole after he refused a plea deal. That judge is a personal friend of mine and he doesn't like thugs out on the street so they can prey on his family members too. My county has that reputation, a lot of criminals avoid it. Go across the county line into Fulton County or the City of Atlanta, its a different story.

wayfair

swollen member
The county I live in doesn't play around in its court system, the judges throw the book at hardcore criminals. Last year, a 19 year old that shot a gun into the air while robbing a store got three 30 year sentences with no parole after he refused a plea deal. That judge is a personal friend of mine and he doesn't like thugs out on the street so they can prey on his family members too. My county has that reputation, a lot of criminals avoid it. Go across the county line into Fulton County or the City of Atlanta, its a different story.

ever heard of Jerome Ersland?

look at this POS..
http://www.okcfox.com/story/2425220...er-jevontai-ingram-wanted-for-murder-arrested

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Guns aren't solely designed to kill either. No people are killed with guns in shooting competitions or Olympics (except by terrorists who tend to break the laws).
my phone left out the word Hand.
I stand by statement that Handguns are made solely to kill people,and in most of the news stories i post or read of shootings it seems Handguns are the weapon of choice. Comparing Handguns to hammers,cigarettes,race cars etc is absurd

BrownArmy

Mandatory sentences are going away around the country as people realize that it just costs too damn much and doesn't actually reduce crime in anyway whatsoever.

Much like the death sentence, mandatory sentences do very little to reduce crime and are incredibly expensive for the state (meaning you and me).

Next?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
nra.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
was that mandatory sentencing?