guns

MAKAVELI

Another racist comment from our resident saint. You would be screening bloody murder if the comment was made against a person of color. That's another example why your good comments don't carry the weight they should. When you say something as dumb as that it wrecks your credibility.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
It doesn't feel to good when someone singles out your race for an " American " problem, ehh? Now I'm sure you are just as outraged at Bill O'Reilly, right?

Rainman

Its all good.
It doesn't feel to good when someone singles out your race for an " American " problem, ehh? Now I'm sure you are just as outraged at Bill O'Reilly, right?
No, I just don't have respect for racists, whatever color their skin is. This is a pattern with the poster I quoted. Look at my past posts, you won't find those kind of remarks from me.

That poster, and any poster, loses credibility when making remarks like that. It shows a departure from logic to hatred.

Do YOU condone bias based on skin color?

MAKAVELI

No, I just don't have respect for racists, whatever color their skin is. This is a pattern with the poster I quoted. Look at my past posts, you won't find those kind of remarks from me.

That poster, and any poster, loses credibility when making remarks like that. It shows a departure from logic to hatred.

Do YOU condone bias based on skin color?

What I condone is the acknowledgment that "America" has a problem and fascination with violence. Many on this board have singled out minorities and the poor as the root problem with violence in America. I'm not saying that you personally have that view, but many on here, especially republicans, and yes , whites have repeated verbatim Bill O'Reilly's rant. Violence in America will only get worse as long as people continue to stick their heads in the sand and deny the problems in their own community and home. More guns will not solve this, only lead to more tragedies.

Rainman

Its all good.
What I condone is the acknowledgment that "America" has a problem and fascination with violence. Many on this board have singled out minorities and the poor as the root problem with violence in America. I'm not saying that you personally have that view, but many on here, especially republicans, and yes , whites have repeated verbatim Bill O'Reilly's rant. Violence in America will only get worse as long as people continue to stick their heads in the sand and deny the problems in their own community and home. More guns will not solve this, only lead to more tragedies.
I agree that America has a fascination with violence. Hollywood and video game makers have furthered this, glorifying this as normal and acceptable. It is the extremists that cause the problems, not everyday folks like you and I.

The extremists aren't going to concern themselves with laws. The normal everyday people like you and I are the ones who will suffer from further regulation.

Why not have stiffer penalties for those convicted of using guns in crimes? My state has a mandatory 1 year sentence for any crime committed using a firearm. Let's up the ante on offenders and cut law abiding citizens some slack.

You won't find any of my posts blaming minorities or the poor for the violence in America.

BTW, I'm no fan of the republicans. But I do get a little tired of people on BC glorifying the democrats. I have no respect for either party. Both parties are out for themselves and don't care anything about us. One of the founding fathers commented that a two party system would be one of the worst things that could happen to America. Now we are seeing the reality of it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

that is exactly the point. All these people slam on blacks or hispanics all day long as being the source of all the trouble with the USA, but when you point a finger back at them, oooOOOOHHH boy, they lose their minds.

When it hits home, its no longer so funny.

Hypocrites.

TOS.

Johney

Pineapple King
that is exactly the point. All these people slam on blacks or hispanics all day long as being the source of all the trouble with the USA, but when you point a finger back at them, oooOOOOHHH boy, they lose their minds.

When it hits home, its no longer so funny.

Hypocrites.

TOS.
Yawn.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree that America has a fascination with violence. Hollywood and video game makers have furthered this, glorifying this as normal and acceptable. It is the extremists that cause the problems, not everyday folks like you and I.

The extremists aren't going to concern themselves with laws. The normal everyday people like you and I are the ones who will suffer from further regulation.

Why not have stiffer penalties for those convicted of using guns in crimes? My state has a mandatory 1 year sentence for any crime committed using a firearm. Let's up the ante on offenders and cut law abiding citizens some slack.

You won't find any of my posts blaming minorities or the poor for the violence in America.

BTW, I'm no fan of the republicans. But I do get a little tired of people on BC glorifying the democrats. I have no respect for either party. Both parties are out for themselves and don't care anything about us. One of the founding fathers commented that a two party system would be one of the worst things that could happen to America. Now we are seeing the reality of it.

Really? "Suffer from further regulation"? Because your cool looking BA-9X with the 10X scope .30-06 can only have a 7 round clip instead of the 18 you wanted? That's suffering? C'mon. That's just silly. Gun regulations for law abiding citizens is not "suffering". It's not unconstitutional. It's barely even a nuisance. But people always have to have something to feel victimized about I suppose. It's intriguing and makes for good internet jawing, but it's not real.

oldngray

nowhere special
What is silly is insisting on useless laws like limiting magazine capacity or banning cosmetic features like bayonet lugs or pistol grip stocks.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
fill in the number.
Which is pretty much what the anti-gunners do in the aftermath of a tragedy when they are on a quest to to blame and ban something. 10 rounds? Hell, lets make it seven ! Seven rounds? Lets make it six, or even five! We will show those murderers and criminals that we by golly mean business!

bbsam

Staff member
Which is pretty much what the anti-gunners do in the aftermath of a tragedy when they are on a quest to to blame and ban something. 10 rounds? Hell, lets make it seven ! Seven rounds? Lets make it six, or even five! We will show those murderers and criminals that we by golly mean business!
no matter what the number, it doesn't cause gun owners to "suffer".

oldngray

nowhere special
Its not a question of "suffer" Do you "suffer" if a gun owner has a magazine with 10 rounds instead of 7? Would you "suffer" if a gun owner had a 15 or 20 round mag? Just because gun control people get all warm and fuzzy inside about some things is no reason to restrict a gun owner's rights.

bbsam

Staff member
Its not a question of "suffer" Do you "suffer" if a gun owner has a magazine with 10 rounds instead of 7? Would you "suffer" if a gun owner had a 15 or 20 round mag? Just because gun control people get all warm and fuzzy inside about some things is no reason to restrict a gun owner's rights.
I'm not the one who brought up suffering and the SCOTUS says such laws do not infringe upon owners rights.