guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In my backwards state a law went into effect yesterday making Open Carry legal pretty much everywhere( Churches were expressly listed as legal places for Open Carry in the law,although why anyone would need to pack heat in church is beyond me )
and.................on the first day the new law went into effect someone is arrested for brandishing his gun.

First day of new gun law leads to arrest
On the first day of the new Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act, a misunderstanding between two armed men in a convenience store Tuesday led to a drawn firearm and a man’s arrest.
“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip,” said Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress.
At approximately 3 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call regarding a customer dispute at the Enmark on the corner of Park Avenue and North Lee Street.
A man carrying a holstered firearm entered the store to make a purchase. Another customer, also with a holstered firearm, approached him and demanded to see his identification and firearms license, according to the Valdosta Police Department report.
The customer making demands for ID pulled his firearm from its holster but never pointed it at the other customer, who said he was not obligated to show any permits or identification.
http://m.valdostadailytimes.com/VDT/db_272752/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zNi90AN9

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
looks like Target finally came to its senses
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/07/02/target-no-guns-policy/12014451/
arget 'respectfully requests' shoppers don't pack heat
John Bacon, USA TODAY3:49 p.m. EDT July 2, 2014
537TWEET 52LINKEDIN 425COMMENTEMAILMORE
Target is "respectfully" requesting that shoppers not bring guns into its stores.

The retailer posted a notice on its website Wednesday and quickly drew attention on Twitter#ontarget.

"Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so," the notice says. "But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target — even in communities where it is permitted by law.

"We've listened carefully to the nuances of this debate and respect the protected rights of everyone involved. In return, we are asking for help in fulfilling our goal to create an atmosphere that is safe and inviting for our guests and team members," the notice says.

The "debate" continued to rage in comments posted on Target's website. Among them:

"This is just to shut up the anti gunners," commented Kory Watkins. "Going back to Target with my gun today and tomorrow and whatever days I want."

But S.K. Boss offered this: "Thank you, Target, for displaying #gunsense and promoting public safety as a civic duty."

Both comments had drawn more than 100 likes by early afternoon.

The Minneapolis-based retailer says guns in its stores are "at odds" with the family atmosphere it champions. Gun rights advocates have made headlines in recent months by openly bringing weapons into some Targets stores, a demonstration of their rights to openly carry firearms in public.

Chipotle restaurants made a similar decision in May, days after after gun rights advocates made national headlines by bringing assault-style weapons into a downtown Dallas restaurant. Chipotle said in its statement that "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers."

A month ago, the group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America launched a petition asking Target to prevent customers from carrying firearms in its 1,700-plus stores. The petition drew nearly 400,000 signatures. The group issued a statement Wednesday applauding Target's decision.

"Moms are thankful that Target responded quickly to the call of nearly 400,000 Americans and asked customers to keep their firearms at home," Shannon Watts, the group's founder, said in the statement. "Moms everywhere were horrified to see images of people carrying loaded assault rifles down the same aisles where we shop for diapers and toys.

"Like Chipotle, Starbucks, Facebook, Jack in the Box, Sonic, and Chili's, Target recognized that moms are a powerful customer base and political force — and you can respect the 2nd Amendment and the safety of customers at the same time."

C.J. Grisham, president of Open Carry Texas, told USA TODAY in an e-mail that he regrets Target's decision.

"While this is not a ban on legally possessed firearms in its stores, we will continue to honor our months long policy of not taking long arms into Target stores or any other business," Grisham said, warning that "time and time again, businesses that have asked guests not to bring legally possessed, self defense firearms into their establishments have seen their employees and customers victimized by criminals preying on the openly defenseless."

bbsam

Staff member
In my backwards state a law went into effect yesterday making Open Carry legal pretty much everywhere( Churches were expressly listed as legal places for Open Carry in the law,although why anyone would need to pack heat in church is beyond me )
and.................on the first day the new law went into effect someone is arrested for brandishing his gun.

First day of new gun law leads to arrest
On the first day of the new Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act, a misunderstanding between two armed men in a convenience store Tuesday led to a drawn firearm and a man’s arrest.
“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip,” said Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress.
At approximately 3 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call regarding a customer dispute at the Enmark on the corner of Park Avenue and North Lee Street.
A man carrying a holstered firearm entered the store to make a purchase. Another customer, also with a holstered firearm, approached him and demanded to see his identification and firearms license, according to the Valdosta Police Department report.
The customer making demands for ID pulled his firearm from its holster but never pointed it at the other customer, who said he was not obligated to show any permits or identification.
http://m.valdostadailytimes.com/VDT/db_272752/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zNi90AN9
knuckle draggers

Rainman

Its all good.
Really? "Suffer from further regulation"? Because your cool looking BA-9X with the 10X scope .30-06 can only have a 7 round clip instead of the 18 you wanted? That's suffering? C'mon. That's just silly. Gun regulations for law abiding citizens is not "suffering". It's not unconstitutional. It's barely even a nuisance. But people always have to have something to feel victimized about I suppose. It's intriguing and makes for good internet jawing, but it's not real.
I never posted anything about any gun I personally own.

In ever said anything about looking cool with anything.

I never said anything about magazine size.

Gun regulations affect law abiding citizens, not the people who are breaking the laws.

Your ideas about further regulating gun ownership will not affect the people who are breaking the law, the people who are the root of the problem. These people will ignore new laws just as quickly as they ignore existing laws.

I proposed stiffer penalties for lawbreakers who use guns. Why no comment? This will go to the root of the situation, addressing the people who are perpetrating the crimes. This affects the law breakers, not the people who want to defend themselves.

You are lumping me in with a number of other posters, each of us with our own opinion on various aspects of gun ownership. One size does not fit all. At any time.

My concern with gun ownership is to be able to protect my family, just like I want job security to provide for my family and our needs. No one knows what the future will bring, and I want to be able to have options available. Taking away my options just because you don't agree with my point of view is wrong. And gun ownership IS protected by the second amendment, or the government would have outlawed it years ago. They're still trying to find a way, and one day will probably succeed. But why make it easy for them?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If I had a butt sized like that, I would get out my gun !!!
With severe degenerative spinal problems, there is no twerking!!

bbsam

Staff member
I never posted anything about any gun I personally own.

In ever said anything about looking cool with anything.

I never said anything about magazine size.

Gun regulations affect law abiding citizens, not the people who are breaking the laws.

Your ideas about further regulating gun ownership will not affect the people who are breaking the law, the people who are the root of the problem. These people will ignore new laws just as quickly as they ignore existing laws.

I proposed stiffer penalties for lawbreakers who use guns. Why no comment? This will go to the root of the situation, addressing the people who are perpetrating the crimes. This affects the law breakers, not the people who want to defend themselves.

You are lumping me in with a number of other posters, each of us with our own opinion on various aspects of gun ownership. One size does not fit all. At any time.

My concern with gun ownership is to be able to protect my family, just like I want job security to provide for my family and our needs. No one knows what the future will bring, and I want to be able to have options available. Taking away my options just because you don't agree with my point of view is wrong. And gun ownership IS protected by the second amendment, or the government would have outlawed it years ago. They're still trying to find a way, and one day will probably succeed. But why make it easy for them?

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Gun laws, effective or not, do not make law abiding citizens suffer.

bbsam

Staff member
http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/02/kenya-moore-guns-in-bars-law-georgia-real-housewives-of-atlanta/

The subject of the new GA. law was being talked about and that made me think of her talking about it this morning.

Of course you want me to say she's black so that made me think of knuckle draggin'.... Her best feature is her butt (she says), not long arms with knuckles dragging on the side walk. Bye Felicia!
No. I want.to know what she said that was so compelling that made you connect her with my comment about knuckle draggers. Had you considered her comments about the law so important, you would have quoted 728. You didn't. Just embrace the fact that her being black convinced you that that would somehow make her comments more relevant to me. It doesn't. All it does is make you look like a goony out of touch nag out of the 50's.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was 728's post it was connected to...........

deal with it. I sometimes walk into a room and wonder why I came in.....

If I'm out of touch how is it that I knew who Kendra Moore is and you didn't??

MAKAVELI

No. I want.to know what she said that was so compelling that made you connect her with my comment about knuckle draggers. Had you considered her comments about the law so important, you would have quoted 728. You didn't. Just embrace the fact that her being black convinced you that that would somehow make her comments more relevant to me. It doesn't. All it does is make you look like a goony out of touch nag out of the 50's.
It's funny and ironic that she claims all liberals play the race card but yet she was the first to mention Kenya is black.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So Kenya is white !!!! Someone tell Atlanta quick !!

All the housewives of Atlanta are black since Kim left the show.
The whole point is Kenya likes her guns and she lives in GA. and it's the new gun law there.... She just doesn't seem like the "gun type" to me....you know, pageant beauty and all. Excuse me for trying to add anything. Carry on with your one-sided conversation. A bunch of boring racists!!

bbsam

Staff member
It was 728's post it was connected to...........

deal with it. I sometimes walk into a room and wonder why I came in.....

If I'm out of touch how is it that I knew who Kendra Moore is and you didn't??
So Kenya is white !!!! Someone tell Atlanta quick !!

All the housewives of Atlanta are black since Kim left the show.
The whole point is Kenya likes her guns and she lives in GA. and it's the new gun law there.... She just doesn't seem like the "gun type" to me....you know, pageant beauty and all. Excuse me for trying to add anything. Carry on with your one-sided conversation. A bunch of boring racists!!
And you are an exciting racist.