guns

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
But that's not what Breitbart tells you to think, now is it?

Breitbart also shows videos. :cool:

"The family of a North Carolina man who was shot and killed while committing an armed robbery is calling for stricter gun laws."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...y-of-Armed-Robber-Calls-for-Stricter-Gun-Laws

"Williams's cousin Tamika McSwain is saying that although what he did was wrong, he shouldn't have died and is calling for stricter gun laws. In the video, she specifically cites Harrison in her argument, asserting that tougher regulations for the acquirement of concealed weapon permits may have prevented her cousin's death."

Really....

The law abiding citizen is the bad guy ?

But, the person committing felony armed robbery is not ?

Last edited:

BrownArmy

...Fortunately, the founders of our nation.... knew that also.

Soooo, did they not know it right away, since the 2nd Amendment is...an amendment?

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I'm confused about the strict Constitutionalists that say that the Constitution isn't a living and breathing document, and then cling to the Amendments as if they were part and parcel of the original Constitution.

There is the mechanism within our Founding documents to amend the Constitution, and rightfully so.

The Second Amendment is one of the shortest Amendments (in terms of words)...is it time and place specific vis-a-vis a certain stress of the time? Or is that short verbiage meant to be the end-all of the Constitutions' conversation about guns? Did the writers of the Second Amendment make it purposefully vague, and if so, why?

Many books have been written about these two words: "...well-regulated..."

Bringdough

Soooo, did they not know it right away, since the 2nd Amendment is...an amendment?

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I'm confused about the strict Constitutionalists that say that the Constitution isn't a living and breathing document, and then cling to the Amendments as if they were part and parcel of the original Constitution.

There is the mechanism within our Founding documents to amend the Constitution, and rightfully so.

The Second Amendment is one of the shortest Amendments (in terms of words)...is it time and place specific vis-a-vis a certain stress of the time? Or is that short verbiage meant to be the end-all of the Constitutions' conversation about guns? Did the writers of the Second Amendment make it purposefully vague, and if so, why?

Many books have been written about these two words: "...well-regulated..."
The constitution would have likely not passed if not for all those amendments. They were passed not long after the constitution was passed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
when someone gives me a gift, I own it. Not much to quibble about.
Minors cannot legally enter into contracts or "own" anything independently of their parents.

It is perfectly legal in many states--mine included---for minors to POSSESS guns just as they may possess many other items. That does not mean that they "own" them in a strict legal sense.

Bringdough

As far as the living and breathing part, it's not meant to be. It's not meant to be up to the whims of 5 conservative or liberal justice. If it is then you don't have the rule of law, only whims of the justices. Which have proved over the years to be disastrous.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

As far as the living and breathing part, it's not meant to be. It's not meant to be up to the whims of 5 conservative or liberal justice. If it is then you don't have the rule of law, only whims of the justices. Which have proved over the years to be disastrous.

Yet, it actually is up to the 'whims' of the Supreme Court...this is our system, the system that the Founding Fathers created, the separation of the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches of our government.

Are you saying that you disagree with the separation of powers as described in the Constitution?

Whatever your flavor, whether you agree or disagree, this country of ours has stayed (mostly) true to the intention of the Constitution.

And I agree with you that the Judicial branch has strayed.

The Executive branch has strayed...

The Legislative branch has strayed...

You really can't pick and choose...think about it.

Bringdough

Yet, it actually is up to the 'whims' of the Supreme Court...this is our system, the system that the Founding Fathers created, the separation of the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial branches of our government.

Are you saying that you disagree with the separation of powers as described in the Constitution?

Whatever your flavor, whether you agree or disagree, this country of ours has stayed (mostly) true to the intention of the Constitution.

And I agree with you that the Judicial branch has strayed.

The Executive branch has strayed...

The Legislative branch has strayed...

You really can't pick and choose...think about it.
Absolutely in believe in the seperation of powers. Without it you have branches of the govt stepping all over each other. Like we have with our current prez.
I blame the progressives of the early 1900's for our current slide downhill. They brought us the federal reserve, the irs and to elect senators by vote of the people. That cut off the state govts power in federalism.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS.

Then, and only then, can we continue to debate this 'democracy' experiment.

Otherwise, we are ruled by a simulacrum of what we thought we believed in, except the string-pullers are bent by MONEY, not the idealism of creating a country free from tyranny.

The influence of money in our current exaggerrated political system is the new KING GEORGE.

Let's find a common ground between dems/repubs/cthulhu-ites/...

Bringdough

GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS.

Then, and only then, can we continue to debate this 'democracy' experiment.

Otherwise, we are ruled by a simulacrum of what we thought we believed in, except the string-pullers are bent by MONEY, not the idealism of creating a country free from tyranny.

The influence of money in our current exaggerrated political system is the new KING GEORGE.

Let's find a common ground between dems/repubs/cthulhu-ites/...
Too many 1st amendment issues. What we need more than that is the is the people to pay attention to what's going on, too many people just tune it out.
Then we need an article 5 convention to start to restrict the power of federal govt, like it was intended to be.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Control.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Absolutely in believe in the seperation of powers. Without it you have branches of the govt stepping all over each other. Like we have with our current prez.
I blame the progressives of the early 1900's for our current slide downhill. They brought us the federal reserve, the irs and to elect senators by vote of the people. That cut off the state govts power in federalism.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Aww, how cute, someone is listening to tea party rhetoric!

TOS.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
http://www.wcti12.com/news/11yearold-fatally-shoots-grandfather-in-domestic-dispute/26846850

Deputies: 11-year-old fatally shoots grandfather after dispute

By WCTI Staff

VANCE COUNTY -
Deputies in North Carolina say an 11-year-old boy shot and killed his 84-year-old grandfather after the elderly man shot his adult son.

ABC affiliate WTVD reports the shooting happened at a mobile home on Cricket Creek Lane, near Kittrell in Vance County, Monday night.

The Vance County Sheriff's Office told WTVD deputies were called to the home at about 7 p.m. because of a report of a domestic dispute.

According to investigators, 84-year-old Lloyd Woodlief shot his 49-year-old son, Lloyd Peyton Woodlief, with a pistol following an argument.

Deputies said the 84-year-old Woodlief was then shot and killed by his 11-year-old grandson, who was using a 12-gauge shotgun.

The grandfather was pronounced dead at the scene, investigators told WTVD. His 49-year-old son was being treated at Duke Medical Center.

There is no word on what caused the argument.

The Sheriff's Office told WTVD the investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.

--

bbsam

Staff member
Minors cannot legally enter into contracts or "own" anything independently of their parents.

It is perfectly legal in many states--mine included---for minors to POSSESS guns just as they may possess many other items. That does not mean that they "own" them in a strict legal sense.
Really? Isn't a drivers license a contract? I bought a motorcycle at 16 and believe me, it was very independent of parental approval.

wayfair

swollen member
Really? Isn't a drivers license a contract? I bought a motorcycle at 16 and believe me, it was very independent of parental approval.

a drivers license is for driving on public roads and highways... you don't need one if you are driving on private property