guns

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Just to be clear, their govt voted down the provisions of the law that would have jeopardized Beretta's business in Maryland. The company claims to be moving to Tennessee out of fear of future legislation.
If they tried to pass legislation that would harm my company, I wouldn't give them a second chance either. I'd move too.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If they tried to pass legislation that would harm my company, I wouldn't give them a second chance either. I'd move too.
Free publicity, cheaper labor costs, and millions of taxpayer handouts....
Ya, I'm so sure this is about some proposed provisions of legislation that had no chance of passing as it was written. Seems to me like Beretta sold out their Maryland employees to line their pockets.

"Tennessee's incentive package for Beretta totals $10.41 million. Of that, $8 million is through the FastTrack Economic Development Program to assist in construction and building improvements. Another $2.41 million in grants is devoted to job training. The State Funding Board approved the incentive package on Feb. 5.

On the local level, Gallatin's incentives include a 10-year PILOT (payment in lieu of taxes) agreement, with an 80 percent tax reduction depending on the timing of Beretta's investments and tax appraisals, according to James Fenton, the executive director of the Gallatin Economic Development Agency. The company is also getting "a considerable amount of assistance" from Gallatin to acquire the land, Fenton said, though he declined to elaborate."
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/02/behind-the-beretta-deal-workforce.html?page=all

Last edited:

wayfair

swollen member
View attachment 14880look, a shotgun that fits in your hand.

Sent using BrownCafe App

638_zpse9e48a5d.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Nah, but think of being on the wrong end of that during a car jacking.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The ballistics of the .410 shotgun round are already pathetic coming out of a full length barrel and they only get worse in a 2" derringer barrel. If I had to rely on that thing for protection it would be loaded with .45 Long Colt rounds, a couple of 250 gr wadcutters or JHP rounds and now you are talking about some big boy stopping power.

Bringdough

Yep, bottom barrel is for 410, I've got the 45 colt in the upper. The 410 would certainly make someone think twice about continuing their attack. If they did, that's what the LC is for.

Sent using BrownCafe App