guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
again,handguns have but one use unlike cars,shovels and all of the other tripe you lot like to try an compare guns with
I'm glad you brought up cars though,as I certainly wish guns were as well regulated as cars. GOOD point,thanx for bringing that into the thread mate!
View attachment 15457

So if you get your way and we gun owners are subject to the same sort of licensing and registration as car owners...would that also mean that we would have the same priveleges?
If my drivers license and car registration is valid in all 50 states, shouldn't my concealed handgun license and high capacity magazines be valid in all 50 states also? I mean...if my license and registration and background check means you trust me to drive a souped-up 400 horsepower Mustang on any highway in the country in a lawful manner,shouldnt the same sort of license and registration and background checks mean that you trust me to carry concealed and posess an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine in any state in the country in a lawful manner?

Didn't think so. Press an anti-gunner on this point and get ready for a lot of mumbling and excuse-making. In reality, they DONT want car and gun licenses to be the same, what they really want is for gun licensing to be so difficult, so oppressive and so overbearing that no one will own guns at all.

oldngray

nowhere special
The problem with comparing cars and guns is there is no Constitutional right to own a car like there is for a gun. And people have no problems with the ownership of cars, which are more dangerous than guns.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Diane Feinstein, if I could have gotten 51 votes in the senate to ban guns I would have. Nancy pelosi, if I had my way, sporting guns would be strictly regulated, all other confiscated.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Dianne is a hypocrite.......when she visited her hubby in the hospital and walked some dark streets to get there.....she was packin'.

soberups

I hold an "M-1" endorsement on my Oregon drivers license that allows me to ride a motorcycle of any engine size.

This means that I could buy a Kawasaki Ninja or a Suzuki Hayabusa 1200cc with a top speed of over 150MPH and legally ride it on any highway in all 50 states in the country.

Why isn't my Oregon concealed handgun license or my 15 round Glock magazines recognised in a similar manner by all 50 states? I mean...I did EVERYTHING you anti- gunners want. I did the background check and fingerprinting; I got the training to get the permit, and I did the background check and got fingerprinted AGAIN to buy the gun. My criminal record, like my driving record, is CLEAN. So...why can I drive a high-powered car or ride a high-powered motorcyle in your state but not carry a gun? Arent you the ones saying that we need to "regulate and license guns the same as cars"?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yet, another reason not to shop at Walmart.

Good thing this wasn't New York.... it would have been a real mess.

"Montgomery County Coroner's Office investigator Jim Fannin said Wednesday that John Crawford, 22, of Fairfield, was fatally shot at a Walmart in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek.

Beavercreek police said Crawford was shot around 8 p.m. after waving a rifle-type weapon around inside the store."

And it is confirmed.... it was a toy from the store itself.

"A law enforcement source tells the Dayton Daily News and News Center 7 that the gun used in the Walmart shooting was a realistic-looking toy gun -- some sort of a BB or pellet gun -- that John Crawford got and opened while in the store."

Yeah.... all that Law Enforcement training.... And they should carry guns.

soberups

The problem with comparing cars and guns is there is no Constitutional right to own a car like there is for a gun. And people have no problems with the ownership of cars, which are more dangerous than guns.
The antis are being dishonest when they compare cars to guns, because they dont want gun owners to have any rights at all even when they do jump thru the hoops to get a license.

Johney

Pineapple King
Yet, another reason not to shop at Walmart.

Good thing this wasn't New York.... it would have been a real mess.

"Montgomery County Coroner's Office investigator Jim Fannin said Wednesday that John Crawford, 22, of Fairfield, was fatally shot at a Walmart in the Dayton suburb of Beavercreek.

Beavercreek police said Crawford was shot around 8 p.m. after waving a rifle-type weapon around inside the store."

And it is confirmed.... it was a toy from the store itself.

"A law enforcement source tells the Dayton Daily News and News Center 7 that the gun used in the Walmart shooting was a realistic-looking toy gun -- some sort of a BB or pellet gun -- that John Crawford got and opened while in the store."

Yeah.... all that Law Enforcement training.... And they should carry guns.
Have you seen what some of those airsoft guns look like? Although if taken from the store shelf it should have still had the orange tip on the end of the barrel.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The antis are being dishonest when they compare cars to guns, because they dont want gun owners to have any rights at all even when they do jump thru the hoops to get a license.

And I have jumped thru the hoops.... with 3 different State licenses.

Legally allowed to carry concealed in 38 states. But not yours.

So.... what's up with that ?? :biggrin:

Have you seen what some of those airsoft guns look like? Although if taken from the store shelf it should have still had the orange tip on the end of the barrel.

Thats why I have to think, it was BB gun or pellet rifle and not a "toy".

If I remember correctly.... in the toy category.... the orange tip can't be altered after purchase.

wayfair

swollen member
calm down before you wet yourself old bean
you brought cars into the argument,now you are chuffed because you scored a point for my side. I understand, its ok. The Second Amendment you gun lot love to wave in front of our noses calls for REGULATION, and i'm all in favor of it!
View attachment 15458

I have a license to carry, just like I have a license to drive a car.

You don't need a license to drive on private property, so why should I have to license any firearms UNLESS I plan to Conceal/open carry??

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I had spend money to attend a certified class just in order to get a certificate saying that I could apply for a permit .
Then apply ( another $100 ) at my local police dept. , show several pieces of ID , get fingerprinted , and wait for the local chief of police's approval . Only then would they send my application onto the State Police , where after another background check and receiving their top officer's approval would they give my local police permission to issue my permit , after waiting several months .

Here the state gov't issues illegals driving licenses with no background checks .

So who is more dangerous ?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have a license to carry, just like I have a license to drive a car.

You don't need a license to drive on private property, so why should I have to license any firearms UNLESS I plan to Conceal/open carry??
So if you get your way and we gun owners are subject to the same sort of licensing and registration as car owners...would that also mean that we would have the same priveleges?
If my drivers license and car registration is valid in all 50 states, shouldn't my concealed handgun license and high capacity magazines be valid in all 50 states also? I mean...if my license and registration and background check means you trust me to drive a souped-up 400 horsepower Mustang on any highway in the country in a lawful manner,shouldnt the same sort of license and registration and background checks mean that you trust me to carry concealed and posess an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine in any state in the country in a lawful manner?

Didn't think so. Press an anti-gunner on this point and get ready for a lot of mumbling and excuse-making. In reality, they DONT want car and gun licenses to be the same, what they really want is for gun licensing to be so difficult, so oppressive and so overbearing that no one will own guns at all.
The supreme Court decided in a ruling( its hot today and I have neither the time nor interest to look up the exact ruling) that States have the right to decide where guns are allowed and not allowed. you'd like My backwards state as the Knuckle Dragging Mouth Breathers in teh Sate Government have ruled guns can be carried concealed pretty much every where.

Bringdough

The supreme Court decided in a ruling( its hot today and I have neither the time nor interest to look up the exact ruling) that States have the right to decide where guns are allowed and not allowed. you'd like My backwards state as the Knuckle Dragging Mouth Breathers in teh Sate Government have ruled guns can be carried concealed pretty much every where.
Oh no, the friend'in world is going to end in your state! I bet you love an ever expanding first amendment, except for freedom of religion, of course. But I'd bet you would love an ever restricting 2nd amendment, including confiscation.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wayfair

swollen member
There are places that you cannot carry and it's a felony if you get caught doing so.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Oh no, the friend'in world is going to end in your state! I bet you love an ever expanding first amendment, except for freedom of religion, of course. But I'd bet you would love an ever restricting 2nd amendment, including confiscation.

Sent using BrownCafe App
oh dear arent you quite the bore tonite!

Regulation is not confiscation. It's a sad shame people of your ilk are against any common sense gun laws