guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Good, this guy saved the taxpayers big time !!
The case never should have gone to trial. It was just a prosecutor who forced it through to trial. Only real evidence was the father had some of same kind of ammo as used in the shooting ( .357) but no gun or any other evidence, just conjecture of what "might" have happened by the prosecutor.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm acquainted with this case. It didn't happen terribly far from me, and the local news carried the trial on a daily basis. There were no witnesses (it was in a rural area). They never found a weapon. A holster and ammo was found in the father's house, but he claimed he didn't own a gun. The prosecutor had a rough row to hoe from the beginning. A couple of years ago, a Texas rancher found a hired hand of his molesting the rancher's daughter behind a barn. He beat him to death with his bare hands. He was no-billed by a grand jury. Do I think the guy shot the driver in the head that killed his 2 sons? Very probably. Was justice served? I believe so. I would have probably done the same.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm acquainted with this case. It didn't happen terribly far from me, and the local news carried the trial on a daily basis. There were no witnesses (it was in a rural area). They never found a weapon. A holster and ammo was found in the father's house, but he claimed he didn't own a gun. The prosecutor had a rough row to hoe from the beginning. A couple of years ago, a Texas rancher found a hired hand of his molesting the rancher's daughter behind a barn. He beat him to death with his bare hands. He was no-billed by a grand jury. Do I think the guy shot the driver in the head that killed his 2 sons? Very probably. Was justice served? I believe so. I would have probably done the same.

I also think he probably did it but there just wasn't enough evidence to convict. About all the prosecution had was big time motive.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am having a real problem with the idea that the wealthy should somehow be exempt from the laws that they would have the rest of us follow.

I have no problem with Bloomberg or Gates having armed security. They certainly need it. My problem is when they tell me that my status as an ordinary working-class person should disqualify me from having the same protections that they enjoy.
Just to clarify, Bill Gates gave money to support Initiative 594 in Washington state. It would require universal background checks for gun sales. Seems like common sense to me.

rod

Retired 23 years
I just read on Live leaks that Will whats his name, the owner of Red Jacket Armor on the TV show Sons of Guns has been charged with multiple counts of raping his own 14 year old daughter. If true that is one sick SOB.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think Texas juries are stupid. Where's the rule of law here? Lost in revenge and emotion.
So ALL Texas juries are stupid because ONE of them renders a verdict you that you dont happen to agree with in a case that you have NO real information about?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yep. Just an accident.

I call gross negligence on this one. It is hard enough for a full-grown adult to control muzzle rise when firing full-auto, there is no way in hell a 9 yr old girl is capable of doing it and any competent instructor should have known that. Letting a 9 year old shoot an UZI on full auto is the equivalent of taking a 15 year old who has never driven a car before, putting them behind the wheel of a 500 HP Camaro drag car set up with nitrous boost and a supercharger, and telling them to just go ahead and floor it on a public highway. Only a complete idiot would do that.

bbsam

Staff member
So ALL Texas juries are stupid because ONE of them renders a verdict you that you dont happen to agree with in a case that you have NO real information about?
Actually, I was.wrong.about that. The Yahoo article didn't go that in depth and I assumed it was more clear cut.