guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
Different time, different place. Charlie got himself invited in to that circle. Who knows? They may have had guns of their own without the opportunity to use them.
Charlie was friends with music people (he thought)...Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son) and one of the Beach Boys. He was a kook and they tried to 'let him down' easily.
Charlie was not even good enough for the D-List people!!

bbsam

Staff member
He didnt get invited. The Family members cut the phone lines and broke thru the gate in order to get to the house, and they were armed only with knives and a single .22 pistol. The victims were, of course, unarmed. Living in a swanky, jet-set community with a gate didnt keep them safe from the bad guys, despite TOS's assertions to the contrary.
New book on Charlie says otherwise. He was going to be a rock star...or Jesus. He wasn't unknown. Washed up but not unknown.

bbsam

Staff member
Charlie was friends with music people (he thought)...Terry Melcher (Doris Day's son) and one of the Beach Boys. He was a kook and they tried to 'let him down' easily.
Charlie was not even good enough for the D-List people!!
True. But hard partying charismatics charmed many in the day.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." -William Burroughs.

Its the future "we" are worried about, not the past. We already know who the moronic gun owners are who kill people, but "we" dont know what will trigger the next shooter who kills his own family.

It all begins with the purchase of the gun however.

TOS.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
New book on Charlie says otherwise. He was going to be a rock star...or Jesus. He wasn't unknown. Washed up but not unknown.
The relevant point here is that (a) all the victims of the Family were unarmed when they were murdered, (b) living in a wealthy, "safe" neighborhood didnt prevent them from being murdered and (c) having a gate didnt prevent them from being murdered. They adhered to TOS's personal safety philosophy down to the letter and got hacked to pieces as a result. The only thing missing was a "no guns allowed" sticker on the front door.

Rainman

Its all good.
Its the future "we" are worried about, not the past. We already know who the moronic gun owners are who kill people, but "we" dont know what will trigger the next shooter who kills his own family.

TOS.
The past repeats itself over and over and over. Technology changes, but human nature never does. "Those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I would feel safer if you simply took your guns to the local police department and ask them to destroy them.. Then, move to a safer neighborhood and enjoy the ultimate freedom of walking in this country without fear.

TOS.
Where do you think I got most of my guns ?
From my local police dept auction , of course .

Babagounj

Strength through joy

TOS.
Some guns are passed down thru the family , so "purchase " may not apply .

bbsam

Staff member
The relevant point here is that (a) all the victims of the Family were unarmed when they were murdered, (b) living in a wealthy, "safe" neighborhood didnt prevent them from being murdered and (c) having a gate didnt prevent them from being murdered. They adhered to TOS's personal safety philosophy down to the letter and got hacked to pieces as a result. The only thing missing was a "no guns allowed" sticker on the front door.
Not to be difficult, but were they unarmed? I don't recall ever hearing that detail and it's possibless th Manson family overpowered the others before they could exercise their 2nd ammendment rights.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wonder how many of your rural neighbors have guns to protect themselves from you ?
NONE. This is a gun free zone.
How is that ?

Does the constitution cease to exist.... where you are at ?

Or, are you talking about your own property ?

Help me out.

If you need some time to answer my question.... I can wait.

TOS.

Read an interesting "description" of a anti-gun, anti-hunter, type person.

Their line of thinking borders on hysteria.

The common traits were:

1.) anti-christian

2.) anti-male

3.) anti-freedom.

And, being all those.... probably anti-American.

Food for thought.

bbsam

Staff member
" ... the right to defend one's home and one's person when attacked has been guaranteed through the ages by common law." -Martin Luther King.
As it should be. Unfortunately, too often murderers hide behind flimsy claims of self defense. You aren't suggesting we ignore justice, are you? It's not like both rights can't be pursued.

bbsam

Staff member
If you need some time to answer my question.... I can wait.

Read an interesting "description" of a anti-gun, anti-hunter, type person.

Their line of thinking borders on hysteria.

The common traits were:

1.) anti-christian

2.) anti-male

3.) anti-freedom.

And, being all those.... probably anti-American.

Food for thought.
Do you realize how worthless that is? "Christian, male, freedom" could apply to anyone from MLK to the Grand Dragon of the KKK, to Adolf Hitler himself.

wayfair

swollen member
“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” -Adolf Hitler.