guns

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
rights.png

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Cute, but wrong. You need identification when you buy a gun from a dealer, but not from a private individual.

Generally speaking, check your state and local laws.

As a private seller, the onus is on you.... to perform "due diligence" when selling a firearm.

Asking the purchaser;

1) "Are you legally allowed to own firearms ?"

2) "Are you a resident of our state?"

3) "Can I view your current form, of state issued ID? "

This is just a precursor.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Generally speaking, check your state and local laws.

As a private seller, the onus is on you.... to perform "due diligence" when selling a firearm.

Asking the purchaser;

1) "Are you legally allowed to own firearms ?"

2) "Are you a resident of our state?"

3) "Can I view your current form, of state issued ID? "

This is just a precursor.

But you aren't REQUIRED to see their ID, you can't run a background check. I'd refuse the third and simply lie about the first 2 if I were not allowed to buy a weapon legally and tried to score one at a gun show

wayfair

swollen member
But you aren't REQUIRED to see their ID, you can't run a background check. I'd refuse the third and simply lie about the first 2 if I were not allowed to buy a weapon legally and tried to score one at a gun show

if someone wouldn't agree to my terms, then they don't get to buy my gun.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
TOS says I don't need one, I just need to ask people to be nice, and then there's no need for a gun!

Comply with a robbers demands. You will be OK.

"A 17-year-old arrested for a deadly shooting that claimed the life of a 22-year-old Papa John's employee admitted to the shooting when questioned by investigators, police said Thursday."

"Police said Fitzpatrick and his accomplice had Schaffer open the cash register and, even though he complied their demands, ultimately shot him."

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26838177/papa-johns-employee-shot-and-killed-during-robbery

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TX Governor-Elect Abbott: I'll Sign Open Carry Handgun Bill As Soon As It Reaches My Desk
Abbot said: "If an open carry bill is passed by the House and Senate, I will sign it into law."
Abbott added, "If open carry is good enough for Massachusetts, it's good enough for Texas."

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Several people were hospitalized following the attacks, but fortunately, nobody was killed.

Now what do you think would have happened if he was able to attain a gun? I guess those darn gun laws actually saved some lives.

Lmao, what if he accessed a bomb, or a samari sword, or a steak knife. The issue is, this nutcase snapped and attacked people.

Yes, a gun would have made the attack more deadly (probable), but just because someone DOESN'T have a gun does not mean that they will not commit violent acts. Ask the beheading victim's family if they agree with your point

MAKAVELI

Lmao, what if he accessed a bomb, or a samari sword, or a steak knife. The issue is, this nutcase snapped and attacked people.

Yes, a gun would have made the attack more deadly (probable), but just because someone DOESN'T have a gun does not mean that they will not commit violent acts. Ask the beheading victim's family if they agree with your point
Why don't you ask the victims if they were glad he wasn't able to get a gun?

BrownArmy

TX Governor-Elect Abbott: I'll Sign Open Carry Handgun Bill As Soon As It Reaches My Desk
Abbot said: "If an open carry bill is passed by the House and Senate, I will sign it into law."
Abbott added, "If open carry is good enough for Massachusetts, it's good enough for Texas."

MA isn't quite an 'open carry' state.

This is a TX guy talking about open carry, and comparing TX to MA?

Um, ok.