guns

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I recently purchased a S&W 9mm shield. It is narrow (.94") and makes it easy for a IWB holster. Clip is a single stacker. Had it to the range only once. Going to put some rounds through it before I get my CHL. Was also waiting for my birthday. Licenses are 1/2 price after age 60. Gimme those senior discounts! I'll take em! lol
Is it the one with or without the external safety?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have the "High capacity" 9x18 version.
Makarov016.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
When I bought it, I had a choice of either caliber. Wish I chose the 380. If I remember right, they were the same price. I hate the magazine release.

wayfair

swollen member
I carry the LC9. I'd like the LC9-s because of the easier trigger pull.
The G26 interests me because of the double stack/thicker grip.

The FNH FNS-9 compact interests me too with the 17 round mag, but I've read of a lot of negative on it

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Canada’s Gun Laws – A Legal Quagmire For Law-Abiding Firearms Owners
Canada - -(Ammoland.com)- A firearms license is the first step to lawful firearms ownership in Canada.

While your firearms license is your defence against a charge of illegal possession of a firearm, it does NOT protect you from a myriad of other charges under Canada’s confusing and contradictory Firearms Act regulations.

Worse, it doesn’t matter how diligent you are at obeying these regulations. Most law enforcement officers do not comprehend the many intricacies of the Firearms Act. It is far too complicated, so police tend to lay charges and let the courts sort it out.
The unfortunate reality is that police can and will charge you with Firearms Act offenses should they have reason to cross your path and, innocent or not, you will face the threat of incarceration along with a crushing legal bill.

Too many firearms owners have faced criminal charges for breaches of the law they didn’t even know they were in violation of – effectively bankrupting their families.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
With a modest investment in a suitable IWB holster, I have no trouble at all carrying and concealing a G26 in my normal attire, which is denim or khaki shorts and an extra-tall Carhartt T-shirt. If its really hot outside or weight is an issue, my other carry gun is a Ruger LCR airweight .38+P that goes in a pocket holster in my front pocket. At about 14 ounces I hardly know its there. Both guns are far superior to any of the pocket 380 autos in terms of both reliability and stopping power.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is why I'm asking about the G27. Never heard of crystal meth back when a I bought it.
G27 or G26? The 27 is chambered in .40S&W, the 26 is a 9mm. I prefer the 26 because ammo is cheaper and with the +2 grip extension I have 13 rounds on tap. The .40 S&W is slightly more powerful, although +P loadings in 9mm are almost its equal.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
G27 or G26? The 27 is chambered in .40S&W, the 26 is a 9mm. I prefer the 26 because ammo is cheaper and with the +2 grip extension I have 13 rounds on tap. The .40 S&W is slightly more powerful, although +P loadings in 9mm are almost its equal.
The 27. I reloaded a lot of 40S&W for my G22.

oldngray

nowhere special
.380 is the min and is more of a backup gun or when you can't conceal something bigger. Not the first or best choice but better than nothing. I have mostly big revolvers and full size autos that are too big to carry so am looking at getting a compact 9 to carry. I had a compact Star .45 that was small but pretty heavy that I gave to my son and mostly just have some .380's now. I do have a Colt Commander in .45 that is borderline on size and carry but I am looking for something smaller.